Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Time for the gov't to act now and make face coverings mandatory in all shops, absolutely no exemptions as the current situation is a mess and impossible to enforce.

There are plenty of local volunteers who can shop for those who are unable to wear masks, there can't genuinely be that many.

Oh and not forgetting the lockdown joggers who squeeze by you on narrow paths, breathing that heavily if they have it you would undoubtedly catch it.

It's not safe, considerate or Public spirited.

• Like 2

Guest Harrydc

What gets to me is when I'm walking and people expect me to walk in the road to avoid them. 

Or the cyclists I seen in the dark, no lights, no bright clothing, no helmets. However, they were wearing their face masks so at least they were safe! 

45 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Time for the gov't to act now and make face coverings mandatory in all shops, absolutely no exemptions as the current situation is a mess and impossible to enforce.

There are plenty of local volunteers who can shop for those who are unable to wear masks, there can't genuinely be that many.

Oh and not forgetting the lockdown joggers who squeeze by you on narrow paths, breathing that heavily if they have it you would undoubtedly catch it.

Almost as considerate as those groups/couples that walk alongside each other, leaving no space either side for anybody who dare be moving at a quicker speed than them.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

A jogger did exactly that to me today. Right in my face, as he ran towards me. Wearing all black so I couldn't even stand back and let him pass as the path narrowed because I didn't see him coming. I'm very relaxed about briefly passing people outside, but not if they are going breath heavily in my face.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

A jogger did exactly that to me today. Right in my face, as he ran towards me. Wearing all black so I couldn't even stand back and let him pass as the path narrowed because I didn't see him coming. I'm very relaxed about briefly passing people outside, but not if they are going breath heavily in my face.

Joggers are spreading it, it was the same at bradgate park the other week.

23 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

What gets to me is when I'm walking and people expect me to walk in the road to avoid them. 

I do this and I'm happy to, to be honest (no cars coming obviously).

Might as well keep the space while you can.

• Like 2

Guest Harrydc

You've got more chance of being hit by a speeding car than catching it and dying - that's why I will not step into the road :huh: We're outside in the fresh air... 

21 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Almost as considerate as those groups/couples that walk alongside each other, leaving no space either side for anybody who dare be moving at a quicker speed than them.

lol

In all seriousness though communicate ffs.

I did have a mature jogger shout well in advance jogger behind you passing on your left, gave me time for me and my dog to move out the way.

Now that wasn't fcuking difficult was it.

23 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It was only when I noticed the staggering amount of exhaled breath on a cold morning from a jogger running towards me that I realised how potentially dangerous it could be.

7 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

You've got more chance of being hit by a speeding car than catching it and dying - that's why I will not step into the road :huh: We're outside in the fresh air... 

Well maybe look out in the road before you step out...

• Like 3

Could we be headed into a golden age where being a massive c*** actually has consequences?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-55633245

An arrest does not appear on all criminal records checks, but it does on some. Imagine if you went for a job and you had to explain that

Guest Harrydc
7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Well maybe look out in the road before you step out...

So speeding cars behind me coming round a corner? Nope. 

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

That's the English for you, in a nutshell. Nudge, wink, tut tut, look at them. Throw the book at 'em.

Except for 'visiting me mam', babysitting  sister's kids, popping  round my best mate's, just gonna nip in here for 5. Won't hurt. I've  got anxiety, so it's ok

Not that I'm having a pop at the above (I happily admit to making my own rules up and ignoring the shifting sands of govt) ....I object to the general public's laughable double standards

Edit to add i use 'English' deliberately..generalisation i know, but I've always felt the jocks, taffs and irish have a much stronger sense of community than english do. 

It's actually a fairly standard finding across cultures. Ask people to rate their anything (intelligence, attractiveness, loyalty) relative to others, and most people will say they're above average. The only real surprise is that it is 9 in 10, which is much higher than usual

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

On the brighter side you'll soon be ike 60% or so (once the first dosage kicks in) more immune from COVID than you were a yesterday.

Always thinking positive:sweating:

Yup-  just needed to get that rant out of the system!   Better to do it on an anonymous internet forum than moaning about it at my wife lol

Edited by The Blur
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Blur said:

Went for my first vaccine today as I work as a social worker in adults social services.   I received an email yesterday and organised an appointment for today which were really efficient.    However I was then informed that my vaccination (Pfizer)  would be eleven weeks apart- my second dosage would be end of March.

It felt like a kick in teeth to be honest,  through this pandemic I have been in contact with service users and have went in their homes placing a risk on my own health.   Last few weeks have been quite bit tough as my wife is now pregnant which along with the new variant has added to the anxiety.    Now, I cannot even have the vaccination and to be protected by the government properly in the return-   I was even handed a empty vaccination card with none of details-  name of the vaccine and batch numbers written down and was advised that they have stopped handing out completed vaccination cards as there were not enough time to do so.   I have just hope that my consent form would be filed properly with the vaccination information.

I am thoroughly disillusioned with the government at the moment.    I have heard other vaccination centres are more organised and other keyworkers are getting their second vaccination more quickly so fingers crossed that my/organisation’s case is an isolated example.   People manning the vaccination centre were great and helpful for us all although-  cannot fault their attitude.  

Actually, as the vaccine doesn't stop you getting the virus, or transmitting it, it just stops you getting ill from it, I think anyone who isn't in a vulnerable category should be bloody grateful to be bumped up the list. I appreciate the need for nurses etc to continue to work and not be ill with this even if its just a few days at home in bed, but there are people who's life this vaccine could genuinely save who are being bumped down the list for people who are very unlikely to get extremely ill or die from it. I apologise if you do have an underlying health condition, but if you don't, just be grateful you're quite high on the list rather than moan about the experience. They said last week they were extending the time between the 1st and second vaccine to enable them to get more first vaccinces in, and get more people with some initial protection. In other words, you probably wouldn't be having the first one yet had they not done that.

• Like 4