Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

In all honesty, a 3am trip to get a vaccination genuinely (and I mean genuinely) sounds like an exciting trip out in this climate! Count me in

More exciting than a skip down the frozen isle of your local supermarket???  :blink:

4 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

In all honesty, a 3am trip to get a vaccination genuinely (and I mean genuinely) sounds like an exciting trip out in this climate! Count me in

I dont drive so not for me :nono:.

Would be a great excuse to get a celebratory Mickey D's afterwards if I did though.

46 minutes ago, Nalis said:

With the 24/7 vaccination centres , sounds good but how many people will they actually inject between say, 11pm and 6am?

Count me in. Whenever, really.

The key question with them to me is more regarding how fast we can get substance to vaccination centres. It’s going to take time and effort to create it however we organise things, so while that limit’s on it’s probably more practical to do it during the daytime for now. (ie, if one vaccinator has 10 jabs available to give per day, that’s just as manageable in daytime hours as it is over 24 hours, so you might as well stick to the day.)

24/7 vaccinations are probably something to start considering more in upcoming weeks and months, as long as both demand and supply get high. Although granted I’d hope the plans were already in place to make them operative.

45 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Anyone that's given a overnight slot would make the effort to be there imo. Even if it means taking a day off work or whatever to do it. I'd be there in a shot (pun intended). 

Agree. I'd be happy to go at whatever time they give me. It might be difficult if you are elderly and live alone with no car but for many in the 50-65 group they should be prepared to just go whenever.

If the Government are prepared to organise this and those giving the jabs are prepared to work those hours then the public must support them. The quicker we get people vaccinated the better.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My first and last serious post in this thread. The line of work I'm in, let me just tell you that the operation to get these vaccinations done is phenomenal. I work in clinical and non-clinical indemnity and people are working around the clock to get this up and running and to hit the required targets to get us all vaccinated this year.

Sorry Ric, fully expected your contribution to be that the best way to get a vaccine was when it was placed inside a Chicken Kiev wrapped inside a Calzone.  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Just catching up on on @Col city fan v @StanSP, makes a change for me not be in a argument.

Gotta ask Col, you seem to criticise some of the Leicester players, why don't you train up and convince Rodgers to sign you, and do it yourself, its easy to pick fault all the time, but why don't you put yourself in the position to make a difference? They all do a difficult job. :ph34r:

We all know he’d only do two things.

1) Get Lee Cattermole out of retirement 

2) Mentally and Physically abuse Big Dan Amartey, then sell him

So on the basis of that, fvck off.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My first and last serious post in this thread. The line of work I'm in, let me just tell you that the operation to get these vaccinations done is phenomenal. I work in clinical and non-clinical indemnity and people are working around the clock to get this up and running and to hit the required targets to get us all vaccinated this year.

It is an incredible effort.  Really amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whitlock said:

I think it might be quite suprising the amount. It is quite life or death for some people that require the vaccine, i think it doesnt matter of the timing people will go for it. The ones that are really concerned about being outside and or around people might even prefer to go in the middle of the night when there is likely to be far less people around in general.

Completely agree. In the daytime it takes roughly 30 mins to get through the process. Roughly. At night with, presumably less people around for the vaccine, it’d take even less time. The staff running these clinics deserve medals imo. Bollox to all the politics, and whether Matt Hancock said this, that or the other. As I said before it will be local people who ‘come good’ when they need to. That’s what really matters. I just hope it can achieved as, as far as I can see, it’s the only way out 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

🙏
Spot on. When I see some of the posts on this thread and then see the gargantuan effort being put in by people trying to help us all, I kind of despair

Great post Ric

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

I believe some people are being offered taxis in order to get them to their vaccine appointment. I don't know what the criteria for it is, certain age, certain mobility issues, what time your appointment is or how far the vaccination centre is maybe. This will allow people to get to appointments at like 11pm-6am.

Someone also mentioned the supply is the issue not the 24/7 vaccinations, which is true, but the sooner we get more people vaccined the better.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Ugh you can feel the squirm. 

Proper slime ball is Hancock. Pretty sure he would garner more respect if he was just honest. The fact he dodges the question several times is pretty much telling anyway. 

I really don't care that this should be in the politics thread - even though it was shared with me later, it has been compulsive viewing for me today since I saw it this morning. Can't stop coming back to it. Last time that happened...

My grandparents were probably amongst some of the first to get it, they had their second jab last Tuesday so it should be kicking in now! Glad to see the vaccine rollout really begin to pick up speed now. 

In regards to it being a ‘race’; am I wrong in saying that any new mutated strain could still make vaccination null? I’m certainly glad we’re ahead of the curve, but if I’m not wrong, it’s more of a three-legged race: it’s all well and good us doing well but if those past our borders can’t get up to speed we risk being pushed back to square one. 

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ay! They are decent aren't they? Which one did you have? I find the trick is to find that delicate balance between it not quite being cooked enough and cooked, there's a gap of about 30 seconds and you can't be pottering about getting the condiments out whilst you wait.

Their version of a meat feast. Definitely had salami and maybe a pepperoni or ham vibe. I probably left it in a minute or two too much and the crust did start to crumble, but dipping it into a load of garlic mayo saw that issue off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

My grandparents were probably amongst some of the first to get it, they had their second jab last Tuesday so it should be kicking in now! Glad to see the vaccine rollout really begin to pick up speed now. 

In regards to it being a ‘race’; am I wrong in saying that any new mutated strain could still make vaccination null? I’m certainly glad we’re ahead of the curve, but if I’m not wrong, it’s more of a three-legged race: it’s all well and good us doing well but if those past our borders can’t get up to speed we risk being pushed back to square one. 

Could, but as I understand it very, very unlikely. The far-more-likely issue with mutations are that they render the vaccine less effective by some degree rather than completely null; by what degree seems unknown at this point but will continue to be monitored. But even then, apparently at least some of the vaccines are “tweakable” (Is that a word? I’m using it anyway). I guess that means there could well be future vaccine rollouts, although there’s a good chance that prospect is hanging over us anyway.