Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

27 minutes ago, reynard said:

It depends on how they keep the details and whether or not it is explained to you at the time what you are "signing up" to. It could possibly be the case that a general statement saying why the details were being takend could be enough but storage is an issue. If they comply with the above then as long as they don't share your info for any other reason or with anyone other than the stated recipeint (in this case govt tracketc) then I don't believe they are transgressing data protection. It is all a bit of a legal minefield though.

It's the fact it's just out in the open though on the surface of the bar. A book left on the page for the next person to enter details in to. At the time I went, there was just one person behind the bar but they were busy serving someone else. Waiters are walking around, we were being led to our table after we signed. They may not intentionally share the info, but that doesn't stop the info being shared and for all to see...

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Latest stats show 30 ‘events’ ref AZ vaccine in the U.K. out of 18 mill people.  That’s one in 600k. 

and yet more countries continue to restrict or even stop using it ......

Madness.

I wonder if they have any stats on the number of people who've got blood clots due to Covid infections?

Blood clots are one of the known problems caused by Covid. I wonder if more than 1 in 600k who are infected get clots? Not to mention all the other risks from infection... 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Latest stats show 30 ‘events’ ref AZ vaccine in the U.K. out of 18 mill people.  That’s one in 600k. 

and yet more countries continue to restrict or even stop using it ......

Think the concern is that It is a specific and dangerous type of clot that is manifesting, which probably means there is a direct link to the vaccine (rather than cases which would occur anyway) and that it looks to be affecting young and middle aged women disproportionately. I think in Germany the stats would indicate 1 in 60000 for that group, which whilst still low is probably high enough to be of genuine concern at a scientific level.

21 hours ago, martyn said:

Just to say, Christoph shared the link with me and I managed to get slots for myself and the wife to get vaccinated earlier today.

So if you aren't in the top 9 vulnerable groups, and don't want to see good vaccines go to waste from no shows and instead get yourself vaccinated earlier than you might otherwise expect, this worked for me.

Happy to share details as Christoph did with me.

Yes please

On 31/03/2021 at 18:24, Great Boos Up said:

Had my jab on Friday 19th. My son contracted covid the same day from school. We both got tested the Monday. He was positive- I was negative but I haven’t moved from my bed in 10 days. Feel really bad. How long does this thing last. Nobody seems to know

Just an update, forced myself to get another test- positive. No temperature, no cough, no change of taste or smell. Test and trace call person just kept saying “computer says no”. Now 12 days in bed. Headaches, shivers, deafness, aches in my lower back and down my legs. Fuzzy brain, I can’t concentrate and can only stay awake for a few hours. I’m doin OK. I’m just weird. 

1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

Just an update, forced myself to get another test- positive. No temperature, no cough, no change of taste or smell. Test and trace call person just kept saying “computer says no”. Now 12 days in bed. Headaches, shivers, deafness, aches in my lower back and down my legs. Fuzzy brain, I can’t concentrate and can only stay awake for a few hours. I’m doin OK. I’m just weird. 

sounded like you’d caught it - That’s bad luck. Don’t ‘rush’ your recovery ........long covid is more prevalent in those who haven’t rested enough when infected and not allowed their bodies to get over it. 

1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

Oh shit, didn’t realise that was a symptom. I’m probably riddled

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

My brother volunteers at a vaccination centre and they asked if anyone he knows wants onr so he called me and got it sorted. I certainly wasn't going to turn it down. 

Was that because they were left over or because its a perk of your brother volunteering?

27 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

My nan would get a black eye if she tried any of this shit. 

It should be an option for the overly caution and not a compulsory requirement. If compulsory, it is ****ing insane. My folks would barely know what an app is let alone know how to use this one.

2 hours ago, Otis said:

Data not dates remember. 

Over to you Boris.

We don’t have a recent second day of a four days BH weekend to make a comparison!

the main number is hospitalisations.....

several weeks after schools reopen and that isn’t increasing (not surprising given how cases are subdued) 

the next point will be end April (three weeks after o/s hospitality and shops ) 

even if cases increase, as long as hospitalisations don’t look like they’re increasing in a way that’s going to cause problems then we’re looking good for the road map to be stuck to .......I can’t really see them bringing anything forward whilst Europe is in such a state ......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We don’t have a recent second day of a four days BH weekend to make a comparison!

the main number is hospitalisations.....

several weeks after schools reopen and that isn’t increasing (not surprising given how cases are subdued) 

the next point will be end April (three weeks after o/s hospitality and shops ) 

even if cases increase, as long as hospitalisations don’t look like they’re increasing in a way that’s going to cause problems then we’re looking good for the road map to be stuck to .......I can’t really see them bringing anything forward whilst Europe is in such a state ......

You're right, they won't bring the dates forward even though the data is better than expected. Fingers crossed we don't see a large jump in hospitalizations, but then again we shouldn't with the successful vaccine rollout.

It's frustrating that we seem to be wasting these good figures because they are fixated on dates.

Just now, Otis said:

You're right, they won't bring the dates forward even though the data is better than expected. Fingers crossed we don't see a large jump in hospitalizations, but then again we shouldn't with the successful vaccine rollout.

It's frustrating that we seem to be wasting these good figures because they are fixated on dates.

We’re not ‘wasting’ the good figures ......and they won’t get slaughtered for being over cautious .....I think the public will pretty well do what they want now in their own space so public areas probably need to be controlled more than you’d like to keep a lid on any risk .....

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We’re not ‘wasting’ the good figures ......and they won’t get slaughtered for being over cautious .....I think the public will pretty well do what they want now in their own space so public areas probably need to be controlled more than you’d like to keep a lid on any risk .....

True alot of people aren't following the rules to the letter. The risk of serious illness  now is very small due to the vaccine and warmer weather. 

• Like 1