Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

25 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Why would they feel uncomfortable?

...because, aside from the discussion above, they might also be uncomfortably thinking of *other* people that are for whatever reason unable to be vaccinated and therefore vulnerable that this individual might be exposing to harm, rather than just about themselves.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

In other more interesting news, hardly ay side effects from my second AZ jab yesterday.

Considering I thought I was going to die after the first one, I expected similar, but nothing more than a bit of tiredness and a headache - result. Looks like @Parafoxwas right after all :thumbup:

Now how do I go about getting my passport:whistle:

I know a friend that for £5000.00 get you a British one, you don't need any vaccine.

• Thanks 1

Probably been said already, but this could well just be the government planting the fear of not getting into public places so they are more likely to get the vaccine before everything opens up, to increase the take up rates. I think they know how ridiculous it sounds to most people.

Edit - maybe not most people according to sky news

Support was also high for using the document to see a loved one in hospital (74%), or to go to the theatre or an indoor concert (68%), and for gym use or leisure centre use (63%).

Around 61% of those who responded also backed their use to attend open-air music concerts and sports events, while 58% said they would accept having to use them on public transport.

More from Covid

Edited by LCFCCHRIS

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

I’m an advocate for people getting vaccinated but if we’re going to start mandating that adults have to put something in their body they’re not comfortable with in order to fully participate in society then we’re a lot further a long this slippery slope than I thought we were.

There is an element of 'and then they came for me' about those who are hyper enthusiastic to enforce the vaccine 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Probably been said already, but this could well just be the government planting the fear of not getting into public places so they are more likely to get the vaccine before everything opens up, to increase the take up rates. I think they know how ridiculous it sounds to most people.

I don't think it's about public places but imagine owning a pub, or a hair salon, or even a football club and having to lose business for a year, the people who own these places, which are in  private businesses, will insist on some form of vaccine passport just to keep their businesses open. I know i would, it would be a case of, fvck off you're not coming in here if you ain't been vaccinated.   

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don't think it's about public places but imagine owning a pub, or a hair salon, or even a football club and having to lose business for a year, the people who own these places, which are in  private businesses, will insist on some form of vaccine passport just to keep their businesses open. I know i would, it would be a case of, fvck off you're not coming in here if you ain't been vaccinated.   

Good point, they make well take that stance. Alternatively there may be other owners that want as much business as possible and believe a majority of the population being vaccinated is good enough to not cause another lockdown.

Personally I'll be happy to do my drinking outdoors in the sun until I'm 100% sure I want this vaccine. Being quite young and already having had the virus, I'm not worried about my own safety due to it at the moment, which is what I imagine is the driving force behind uptake from the upper age groups.

Edited by LCFCCHRIS
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

There is an element of 'and then they came for me' about those who are hyper enthusiastic to enforce the vaccine 

Spot on. Will we in 24 months time be asking people to take an HIV test before entering a nightclub? Should we start creating a criminal passport, where shoplifters aren't allowed into non essential shops? Where does it end?

15 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

100% the opposite from the 2 lads I know who run pubs. If it was optional, both said they wouldn't bother with it. If there's an option of two pubs side by side one without the vaccine passport but one with, I'm fairly certain the one without the passport will be much busier come May/June, but we'll have to wait and see. They also said they'll have to have someone on the doors 24/7 permanently checking vaccine passports before allowing people into the business, as if they do it at the bar, the people without the vaccine will have already mingled, or will just get someone else to order for them.

Wow, just read this post back, how has it even got to this? We're knowingly and willingly potentually creating a two tier society, where just because someone doesn't want a vaccine which has been created exceptionally quickly, they're going to be shunned and outcast, unbelievable really.

• Like 3

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9424721/As-30-000-pub-closures-loom-hospitality-bosses-plead-ministers-save-sector-disaster.html

'Close to 12,000 premises closed for good from December 2019 to February 2021'

'Industry body UK Hospitality says 42 pubs shutting their doors every day in 2021'

I genuinely feel for anyone running a pub or a restaurant, they've been offered practically no help at all by this Government, it's nothing short of disgraceful.

49 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

...because, aside from the discussion above, they might also be uncomfortably thinking of *other* people that are for whatever reason unable to be vaccinated and therefore vulnerable that this individual might be exposing to harm, rather than just about themselves.

That's a fair reason and about the only one I could think of myself. 

Seems more like general concern rather than being concerned that someone is in the same space as you though.

I'm all for the vaccine and will be getting it as it's an incredibly small thing to do that will have a benefit on the country as a whole.

I also think it's incredibly selfish not to get vaccinated unless you physically cant without risk of serious illness.

As a temporary measure I dont mind the idea of passports. It's a unique situation and it's fine to use new methods for living temporarily. I'm not sure I trust people in power to let go of this extra bit of control over the people.

I also dont particularly like the idea of an "us" and "them" type of scenario though. Theres enough division in human kind as it is.

Much like people that screw the benefits system, there will be selfish people who dont want to be vaccinated. Do we want to live in an society where these people are ostracised and labelled?

Feels all a bit nazi Germany to me haha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

That's a fair reason and about the only one I could think of myself. 

Seems more like general concern rather than being concerned that someone is in the same space as you though.

I'm all for the vaccine and will be getting it as it's an incredibly small thing to do that will have a benefit on the country as a whole.

I also think it's incredibly selfish not to get vaccinated unless you physically cant without risk of serious illness.

As a temporary measure I dont mind the idea of passports. It's a unique situation and it's fine to use new methods for living temporarily. I'm not sure I trust people in power to let go of this extra bit of control over the people.

I also dont particularly like the idea of an "us" and "them" type of scenario though. Theres enough division in human kind as it is.

Much like people that screw the benefits system, there will be selfish people who dont want to be vaccinated. Do we want to live in an society where these people are ostracised and labelled?

Feels all a bit nazi Germany to me haha

It's not 'incredibly selfish' not to want to rush out and get something that's new and still argued over country by country, and comparing those people to benefit frauds is very odd. People are getting this because they believe they are protecting themselves, not as a selfless gesture to the low percentage of people who can't get a vaccine.. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

It's not 'incredibly selfish' not to want to rush out and get something that's new and still argued over country by country, and comparing those people to benefit frauds is very odd. People are getting this because they believe they are protecting themselves, not as a selfless gesture to the low percentage of people who can't get a vaccine.. 

In my opinion it is. People rightly celebrate soldiers that went into battle during the world wars to help guarantee our freedom.

We're being asked to go and have a little injection 2 times. As a 31 year old, I'll be getting mine as soon as I'm allowed as I believe it's our countries best chance of preventing mutations and getting us back to normal.

If I'd seen reports of people dropping left right and centre then I'd understand apprehension. All I've seen is countries claiming its unsafe then going back on it days later.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Good point, they make well take that stance. Alternatively there may be other owners that want as much business as possible and believe a majority of the population being vaccinated is good enough to not cause another lockdown.

Personally I'll be happy to do my drinking outdoors in the sun until I'm 100% sure I want this vaccine. Being quite young and already having had the virus, I'm not worried about my own safety due to it at the moment, which is what I imagine is the driving force behind uptake from the upper age groups.

They won’t though, places like hair salons and pubs only need x amount of people through door as long as it’s a constant stream, that’s all that counts

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

In my opinion it is. People rightly celebrate soldiers that went into battle during the world wars to help guarantee our freedom.

We're being asked to go and have a little injection 2 times. As a 31 year old, I'll be getting mine as soon as I'm allowed as I believe it's our countries best chance of preventing mutations and getting us back to normal.

If I'd seen reports of people dropping left right and centre then I'd understand apprehension. All I've seen is countries claiming its unsafe then going back on it days later.

But that's just your opinion on selfishness. 

I could just as easily label it 'selfish' that the elderly and the obese demand that fit healthy young people are blackmailed to pump themselves with an experimental drug ...especially when the cure, for young and fit people, is worse than the disease. Bit of a big ask. I'm not saying that. But it's just as arguable.

The main point is the vulnerable are now protected and the non vulnerable aren't. And being non vulnerable, it's no biggie. And, yeah yeah, mutations, mutations.

if there's mutations, I'm afraid that's gonna happen anyway. You're p1ssing in the wind if you think mutations are avoided by the healthy people of the UK accepting a vaccine

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

That argument cuts both ways though, as unless you are specifically anti vaccine, then by not getting it, you are letting others take the risk on your behalf aren’t you? Theoretical discussion only though, if you don’t want it, don’t get it, I am not bothered either way.  lol

24 hours since having the AZ vaccine, my arm is a tiny bit sore and I've felt a wee bit more tired than normal. Fingers crossed that's as bad as it gets. Had plenty of paracetamol as many suggested,

The Peepul Centre was excellent in the organisation, by the way. Hugely impressed with how it was run.

On 30/03/2021 at 12:35, Christoph said:

Someone sent me a link where you can book an AZ jab from those who haven't attended their appointment. Checked it this morning and got in for 11:30. In and out. Unsure if it's been posted in here or not or if i'm allowed to but can share it if anyone is interested. 

Just to say, Christoph shared the link with me and I managed to get slots for myself and the wife to get vaccinated earlier today.

So if you aren't in the top 9 vulnerable groups, and don't want to see good vaccines go to waste from no shows and instead get yourself vaccinated earlier than you might otherwise expect, this worked for me.

Happy to share details as Christoph did with me.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Weren't the fighting for liberty though? I.e. an individual's right to make their own choice and not have it forced upon them?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

But that's just your opinion on selfishness. 

I could just as easily label it 'selfish' that the elderly and the obese demand that fit healthy young people are blackmailed to pump themselves with an experimental drug ...especially when the cure, for young and fit people, is worse than the disease. Bit of a big ask. I'm not saying that. But it's just as arguable.

The main point is the vulnerable are now protected and the non vulnerable aren't. And being non vulnerable, it's no biggie. And, yeah yeah, mutations, mutations.

if there's mutations, I'm afraid that's gonna happen anyway. You're p1ssing in the wind if you think mutations are avoided by the healthy people of the UK accepting a vaccine

Absolutely mate, just my opinion.

Personally I'm not bothered individually if people get it or dont, it's their choice. I wouldn't fall out with anyone if they didnt have it. 

I just hope the majority do so we give ourselves the best chance of ****ing this virus off and being able to enjoy life again :D

37 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

Weren't the fighting for liberty though? I.e. an individual's right to make their own choice and not have it forced upon them?

Exactly right, people now have the option to make their choice. I dare say I know which side of the fence they would fall on with this decision as well.

34 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Just over 3.5 million vaccine doses administered in the UK in the past week so about half a million a day.

Over 35 million in total now.

That's pretty decent considering there were meant to be shortages in supply this week?! 

1 hour ago, martyn said:

Just to say, Christoph shared the link with me and I managed to get slots for myself and the wife to get vaccinated earlier today.

So if you aren't in the top 9 vulnerable groups, and don't want to see good vaccines go to waste from no shows and instead get yourself vaccinated earlier than you might otherwise expect, this worked for me.

Happy to share details as Christoph did with me.

Would be interested in this.

My state opened up appointments for people 16+ and now I’m booked in for J&J next week. As you can imagine it’s been a hectic booking process but means that people that want it have the option. Most groups here now gunning toward the infamous 70% vaccinated.