Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Nothing short of disgraceful.

I don't buy that we'll only have them for 12 months like Boris says either, it's a blatant lie IMO.

here to stay aren’t they. got called a conspiracy theorist by my mates last year for suggesting this would happen 

remember it’s just “3 weeks to flatten the curve”

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

here to stay aren’t they. got called a conspiracy theorist by my mates last year for suggesting this would happen 

remember it’s just “3 weeks to flatten the curve”

It's proper mental.

The telegraph are talking about vaccinated people sitting with their own kind and the non-vaccinated people doing the same in society. If this was happening in somewhere like China we'd be calling it out for what it is, it's shocking. Thankfully I know quite a few that seem to agree with that, means I'm not completely insane:D

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
28 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Thoughts?

Get the train unvaccinated to the Cup Final with lots of vaccinated people? Ok!

Go into the ground unvaccinated? Not ok!

38 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Thoughts?

Usual ill-thought out nonsense from this bunch of clowns.

Given the ages of people who go there, festivals are pretty much done this summer surely (if the passport is required after both doses)?

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

Usual ill-thought out nonsense from this bunch of clowns.

Given the ages of people who go there, festivals are pretty much done this summer surely (if the passport is required after both doses)?

I think we'll have having the J&J jab used soon. I think all under 30s will be jabbed using it, and that only requires one dose, rather than two.

Only my opinion though!

For what it's worth, I think that the government should abandon its plans for vaccine passports, and relax all the other restrictions, leaving everyone to do their own risk assessment. This process could be assisted by giving every public venue a risk level rating from one to five say. So anyone who enters a risk level five venue knows the possible dangers of doing so, having also factored in their own level of vulnerability. The present plans will inevitably result in anomalies, which could make things difficult all round.  

On 02/04/2021 at 11:53, reynard said:

It depends on how they keep the details and whether or not it is explained to you at the time what you are "signing up" to. It could possibly be the case that a general statement saying why the details were being takend could be enough but storage is an issue. If they comply with the above then as long as they don't share your info for any other reason or with anyone other than the stated recipeint (in this case govt tracketc) then I don't believe they are transgressing data protection. It is all a bit of a legal minefield though.

Yeah but I think organisations would need to prove that they are keeping the data securely and an open book in the middle of busy restaurant is not very secure considering the contents of the data?

I suppose you could say the same for the likes of signing in sheets at schools or care homes albietty with less sensitive data.  

I guess that they will do mass testing for festivals as almost all under 25’s won’t be vaccinated by July/august 

can’t see the issue with mass LF tests ..... the school kids are doing it now without any aggro 

those who don’t want to be vaccinated (without medical reasons) are potentially going to end up isolated from mass gatherings once everyone has been offered a jab   - it’s a decent debate if that’s fair or not  .....

whilst millions of under 40’s contracting the virus will not overwhelm the NHS nor lead to that many deaths, it will provide a ‘Petri dish’ for variants to become established which could potentially render the mass vaccination program for the over 50’s (who would die and bring the NHS to a standstill ) redundant. I suspect that’s the reason for government pushing ahead with policies that encourage the younger generations to get vaccinated 

you may not like it but you also can’t argue with the logic if you were responsible for the cost of further lockdowns etc ....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

My nan would get a black eye if she tried any of this shit. 

Were the people who dreamed this up, brought up in a test tube?  Scanning Covid apps has a point if you don't trust the people coming in.  What do they expect to happen?  "Hello Granny who I have been keeping away from for a year because I didn't want to infect you".  "Let me scan your Covid app"  "Why - don't you trust me?"  "No - I think you are coming here now because you want to infect me."

It's nonsense.  Dangerous, stupid nonsense.

Part of me is interested to see how this plays out amongst the British public. In recent weeks, we’ve had protests and the majority of the public happy to see police go violent. Now we’ve have something which should unite everyone of political spectrum. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

No young people can get the vaccine at the minute so anyone under 40 which are the main people that visit those places on the left are left in limbo

It’ll take 3 months or so for them to introduce them, I don’t think they’ll do it until everyone has been offered a vaccination. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Part of me is interested to see how this plays out amongst the British public. In recent weeks, we’ve had protests and the majority of the public happy to see police go violent. Now we’ve have something which should unite everyone of political spectrum. 

When you see protesters holding up placards saying 'kill cops' as happened yesterday in London, why isn't anyone complaining about incitement to violence? Even that 'kill the bill' placard could be interpreted as being deliberately ambiguous. The police have to put with appalling abuse, something that people like Corbyn conveniently forget when they're stirring up the rabble. Btw, comparing the UK to North Korea is preposterous. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

my main issue with it is all these threats when we haven’t even been offered the vaccine! it’s one thing to bring them in when we have been offered it, and had a chance to turn it down. but to start threatening exclusions from society when we haven’t even been given the choice to say if we want it ?! it’s just going to wind people up to a point that they will dig their heels in. i am going to have it willingly despite having covid in jan, but ffs. at least let people have the choice about having it before they start the threats of segregation 

Exactly same thoughts here, you can't start punishing people for not having the vaccine when a huge chunk of the population haven't been offered it. Minute the vaccine is fully offered then we can start realistically restricting people

• Like 1