Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I’m convinced now I didn’t get it ..  I’m sure she missed my arm and squirted it up the wall cus I didn’t feel a thing and have had no reaction whatsoever ...   :unsure:

ah. You must have had the Bill Gates chipped vaccine instead. I would worry that at any point you’ll go blue and need to restart yourself, or would need regular updates. 😂

• Haha 1

Had my second jab today, 9 weeks after my first and well within the 12 weeks quoted.

Felt like death warmed up for 2 days last time, so expecting another rough ride over the next 48 hours.

Although I think I read@Parafox saying the side effects aren't as bad second time around, so let's hope that's true :fc:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

ah. You must have had the Bill Gates chipped vaccine instead. I would worry that at any point you’ll go blue and need to restart yourself, or would need regular updates. 😂

These Microsoft vaccine gags are awful. They've started to Surface ever since I had my jab earlier in the week. I took the morning off to get it but when I tried to Access the Office, my boss wanted have a Word. I was on the Edge but he told me not to worry but wanted me to Excel this week or he'd chuck me out the Windows regardless of any vaccine after effect. I said no problem Bill.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Had my second jab today, 9 weeks after my first and well within the 12 weeks quoted.

Felt like death warmed up for 2 days last time, so expecting another rough ride over the next 48 hours.

Although I think I read@Parafox saying the side effects aren't as bad second time around, so let's hope that's true :fc:

Early night with a couple of paracetamol and a good car cleaning book mate and you’ll be as right as rain in the morning ...   :thumbup:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Apparently the AZ one is better second time round and the Pfizer one is worse second time round. I probably read that on here or overheard it or just made it up without knowing but either way I'm sure it's right

• Thanks 1

Did a first aid course this morning and at the start the instructor asked us who would be taking the vaccine. Only me and a guy in his 30s said yes, it was 14 people in total all in their 20s and very cool popular personal trainers likely to have influence over others. Pretty shocking really, if that is any indication of the general attitude in that cohort, I struggle to see us getting out of ongoing restrictions in the later stages of the roadmap. It’s especially concerning when you consider that Chile is back in severe lockdown and they have vaccinated more people than us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Did a first aid course this morning and at the start the instructor asked us who would be taking the vaccine. Only me and a guy in his 30s said yes, it was 14 people in total all in their 20s and very cool popular personal trainers likely to have influence over others. Pretty shocking really, if that is any indication of the general attitude in that cohort, I struggle to see us getting out of ongoing restrictions in the later stages of the roadmap. It’s especially concerning when you consider that Chile is back in severe lockdown and they have vaccinated more people than us.

Soon start changing their minds when they can't get on a plane or even go into a pub. 

We don't want to mix with those dirty unvaccinated types. 

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Soon start changing their minds when they can't get on a plane or even go into a pub. 

We don't want to mix with those dirty unvaccinated types. 

Well I certainly hope so. I’m a huge advocate for vaccine passports once we have all been offered one. Imagine losing all your freedom for the sake of copious amounts of selfish idiots.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

85% drop in deaths in a month, absolutely fantastic to see.

Amazing. Will be really interesting to see the direction cases, hospitilisations and deaths go in the next 6 weeks.

The fact kids have been back at school for 3 weeks and we're still seeing drops across the board is fantastic

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Amazing. Will be really interesting to see the direction cases, hospitilisations and deaths go in the next 6 weeks.

The fact kids have been back at school for 3 weeks and we're still seeing drops across the board is fantastic

I would be absolutely staggered if they do anything other than go down significantly.

38 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I would be absolutely staggered if they do anything other than go down significantly.

That's the dream, if they do then we really can start to look forward to snapping back into normal life on the 21st June

2 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Had my jab on Friday 19th. My son contracted covid the same day from school. We both got tested the Monday. He was positive- I was negative but I haven’t moved from my bed in 10 days. Feel really bad. How long does this thing last. Nobody seems to know

I'm no expert mate but that doesn't sound good to me. If I were you I'd be checking myself into hospital 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Had my jab on Friday 19th. My son contracted covid the same day from school. We both got tested the Monday. He was positive- I was negative but I haven’t moved from my bed in 10 days. Feel really bad. How long does this thing last. Nobody seems to know

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm no expert mate but that doesn't sound good to me. If I were you I'd be checking myself into hospital 

This.    Something  wrong there Boosey ..  get yourself checked out tomorrow mate  ...  and I’ll be checking you do ! 

24 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Did you have the AZ?

I had it two weeks ago and I've been rough as fvck; I'm only just feeling better today.

Ambulance came round at the weekend. Oxygen is good and I have an oximeter. They said tests are only 70%. I may just be unlucky. That’s the weird bit. Both my wife and son have temperature, cough and loss of smell. I don’t but I ache, headache and I m constantly exhausted.

1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

you could have caught it from your son and weren’t infectious on the Monday but would have been Tuesday/wed  .....you may have initially had a reaction to the jab over the weekend and then become infected after the Monday.   The jab won’t give you any protection against covid for at least 10 days if you haven’t previously been infected ......