Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Vaccinated today through the Pfizer initiative, or so I thought until the Doctor advised that she was about to inject me with the Oxford-Astra Zeneca brew. Blurred vision, aching joints, headache, shivers, swellings, inability to focus...so nothing unusual, no abnormal side effects to report yet.  

• Haha 1

Anyone who has tested positive for covid how long until you got your smell & taste back? I tested positive last Wednesday lost my smell & taste Friday and still not came back yet. 

Started feeling a lot better yesterday and managed to get out of bed for the first time in 5 days. Just want to be able to taste some food now.

5 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Anyone who has tested positive for covid how long until you got your smell & taste back? I tested positive last Wednesday lost my smell & taste Friday and still not came back yet. 

Started feeling a lot better yesterday and managed to get out of bed for the first time in 5 days. Just want to be able to taste some food now.

I hate to break it to you mate but I had covid in September and my sense of taste and smell is still ****ed. It came back for a while but it's gone back to be being off. Everything smells the same and it isn't nice. It's like having nose tinnitus. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Vaccinated today through the Pfizer initiative, or so I thought until the Doctor advised that she was about to inject me with the Oxford-Astra Zeneca brew. Blurred vision, aching joints, headache, shivers, swellings, inability to focus...so nothing unusual, no abnormal side effects to report yet.  

Good luck and my advice is to take lots of videos of yourself in the pathetic state you'll find yourself in - they were great fun to watch back when I felt better

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I am the opposite. I will 100% be having the vaccine but I think it'd be really wrong for them to impose restrictions to those that haven't had it. Going to another country we can't have any control over, but going to the pub, the theatre or a shop and needing to show your vaccine status? Bonkers.

I’m not, any measure to control the virus over the next year has to be the way forward. Forget life from 18 months ago for a while

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I hate to break it to you mate but I had covid in September and my sense of taste and smell is still ****ed. It came back for a while but it's gone back to be being off. Everything smells the same and it isn't nice. It's like having nose tinnitus. 

At least you’ll be a chille challenge champion

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Ah great. I’ve heard it is different for everyone my neighbour lost his for 3 days and my sister just for one day. Least I can’t taste the Mrs cooking.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Everything smells like a ring?

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Went on the website last night to see if I was eligible for the jab as I'm a part time carer for my mum.

It said I could book so I'm going in tomorrow to the Peepul Centre.

Then, today, got a text from my local surgery saying I was eligible and could book a jab through them.

I assume these things are unconnected but felt spooky!

Thought we'd done nearly all the over 70s ages ago?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think one thing that Coronavirus finally kills is the 'freedom-loving Brits' myth.  

Were we ever 'freedom loving Brits'? 

Historically we have depending on a monarch and religion to direct our behaviour. More recent time we've added an extra layer of rich folk to tells us how to act. We've had freedom but I'm not certain we're a nation of folk entirely independent of the need to be ruled. 

18 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Were we ever 'freedom loving Brits'? 

Historically we have depending on a monarch and religion to direct our behaviour. More recent time we've added an extra layer of rich folk to tells us how to act. We've had freedom but I'm not certain we're a nation of folk entirely independent of the need to be ruled. 

No we weren't, but the idea of England / Anglo-Saxon nations being more live-and-let-live is quite pervasive. 

I walked through Forest Recreation Park in Nottingham last night and it was absolute chaos. It looked like a festival, not a few small gatherings spread out. A massive fight broke out as I was leaving too and several police cars arrived on the scene. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gps-raise-concerns-over-covid-passport-scheme-7n0pn7pw7

'Ministers are discussing drawing up a list of “essential” places, including hospitals, GP surgeries and supermarkets, where vaccination passports would not be used, as Boris Johnson prepares to announce next week whether they will become a feature of British life.'

Can't read the full article, but it looks like Boris is gonna announce they'll be implemented at some point.

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gps-raise-concerns-over-covid-passport-scheme-7n0pn7pw7

'Ministers are discussing drawing up a list of “essential” places, including hospitals, GP surgeries and supermarkets, where vaccination passports would not be used, as Boris Johnson prepares to announce next week whether they will become a feature of British life.'

Can't read the full article, but it looks like Boris is gonna announce they'll be implemented at some point.

They're going about that in completely the wrong way.  If a vaccination passport scheme is to apply - and it's a big if - then they ought to be drawing up a short list of places where it is needed.  The presumption ought to be not needed unless stated otherwise, NOT the other way round.

5 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

They're going about that in completely the wrong way.  If a vaccination passport scheme is to apply - and it's a big if - then they ought to be drawing up a short list of places where it is needed.  The presumption ought to be not needed unless stated otherwise, NOT the other way round.

Would you mind elaborating further on the reasoning here?

Edited by leicsmac