Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, Harrydc said:

I've been reading a few things that may put things into perspective for you. I believe fear has been used to make us comply, and wether that was the ethical /right thing to do has to be considered. 

From the very outset, it has been drummed into us how we should stay at home, and how this is the biggest threat to this country since world war 2. We were told that we've had the most excess deaths since World War 2, when in fact its the most since 2008.

In April 2021, 689 people under the age of 60 with no underlying conditions died in UK with covid since March 2020. Of course, that is tragic. But what must be considered is that 1600 people die a day in the UK for any reason. 

When looking at deaths overall with COVID,  the average age of coronavirus deaths is 82.3 years. That is one year older than the life expectancy in England in this current era. 

As I've said, every death is tragic. This is simply a post to showcase how fear has taken over our lives - especially at a time when the vaccine has been heavily distributed. It's to showcase how propaganda has been used to make us fear eachother and treat eachother like walking bio hazards.

These were all stats from PHE and the NHS. Nothing here is a 'conspiracy'. 

Harry - those stats are for a year where we spent more than half of it in strong lockdown - have you wondered what the deaths may have looked like without that ???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

I've been reading a few things that may put things into perspective for you. I believe fear has been used to make us comply, and wether that was the ethical /right thing to do has to be considered. 

From the very outset, it has been drummed into us how we should stay at home, and how this is the biggest threat to this country since world war 2. We were told that we've had the most excess deaths since World War 2, when in fact its the most since 2008.

In April 2021, 689 people under the age of 60 with no underlying conditions died in UK with covid since March 2020.

Of course, that is tragic. But what must be considered is that 1600 people die a day in the UK for any reason. 

When looking at deaths overall with COVID,  the average age of coronavirus deaths is 82.3 years. That is one year older than the life expectancy in England in this current era. 

As I've said, every death is tragic. This is simply a post to showcase how fear has taken over our lives - especially at a time when the vaccine has been heavily distributed. It's to showcase how propaganda has been used to make us fear eachother and treat eachother like walking bio hazards.

These were all stats from PHE and the NHS. Nothing here is a 'conspiracy'. 

The no underlying conditions thing is nonsense though. My mum has kidney disease yet is as fit and healthy as you can get for someone of her age, certainly not on death's door despite having an underlying condition. 

At the end of the day 1 in 200 of Peru's population have died from covid, if we'd have let it pass through the population here without any restrictions, at least 500k would've died and our healthcare system would've collapsed. The collateral damage of that would've been hard to recover from in so many ways. 

I don't think fear is being used but I do think our responses to covid are slightly conditioned and that we are at this stage overreacting to the current predicament. 

Ultimately nature has thrown us a curve ball. And it is nature, pandemics are a common feature of history and this one is no different, if anything our modern world has helped us to find solutions to this crisis quicker than at any time in history. Had this happened in the 70's or 80's, it would've been carnage. 

• Like 1

Guest Harrydc
4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Harry - those stats are for a year where we spent more than half of it in strong lockdown - have you wondered what the deaths may have looked like without that ???

I suppose you have put a decent point across.

But what also needs to be looked at it how Sweden coped initially. They did not lock down and they have seemingly done OK. I've also said many times how we count our figures, and if it would have been lower if we counted fatalities accurately. 

How's India getting on anyway? 3 or 4 weeks ago they were dropping dead on the streets.

Not a sausage on the news about them.now. 

Has the news just got bored?, or is it just  a country of 136bn people the caseload looked high but proportionately everything wasn't quite so dramatic as the media made out? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It annoys me that this becomes the default position as soon as lockdown is challenged.  Well if we hadn't, how bad would it have been instead?  There's no true answer to that because it hasn't been allowed to happen so we'll never know.

I see Bridgen voted against govt today in extending restrictions.  Respect.  :thumbup:  

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Guest Harrydc
1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

How's India getting on anyway? 3 or 4 weeks ago they were dropping dead on the streets.

Has the news just got bored?, or is it just  a country of 136bn people the caseload looked high but proportionately everything wasn't quite so dramatic as the media made out? 

This is exactly my point about how fear is rammed down our throats in an attempt to make us compliant. 

The MSM are constantly reporting deaths, R rates, cases. They never report how many have recovered, how many have left hospital etc. Its always the negatives. 

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

At the end of the day 1 in 200 of Peru's population have died from covid, if we'd have let it pass through the population here without any restrictions, at least 500k would've died 

Yeah ok

4 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

This is exactly my point about how fear is rammed down our throats in an attempt to make us compliant. 

The MSM are constantly reporting deaths, R rates, cases. They never report how many have recovered, how many have left hospital etc. Its always the negatives. 

:thumbup:  selling fast on Amazon and even got a mention in the commons today.  Haven't read it myself.  Yet. 

On 15/06/2021 at 10:33, Paninistickers said:

Why do you have to be so full on? I accept there's a hard-core of nutters....but there are surely plenty who are healthily sceptical of  pumping the body of genetically modified shite against a virus that is likely to cause them no.more than .a.runny nose and headache. I don't consider those people.nutters. 

(I'm one of them, btw,  but reluctantly took.the vaccine in the same way I reluctantly eat hormone and antibiotic fuelled beef and chicken. I know it's shite but, it won't kill.me.....yet!) 

Hi mate, fair enough opinion and I’m probably just unlucky but I’m 22 and 5 months on from having Covid it’s still affecting me pretty bad, others have it much worse but there’s definitely reason to avoid this virus even if it won’t kill you

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Deaths per 100.000 is 27

Guest Harrydc
6 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

:thumbup:  selling fast on Amazon and even got a mention in the commons today.  Haven't read it myself.  Yet. 

Not to anyones surprise but I'm already half way through it :whistle:lol

10 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Ivor Cummins has a product to sell? - Well no shit. 

18 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

It's often reported how many entered hospital on a particular day, pushing the narrative the NHS is under increasing pressure. I've never heard the numbers being discharged?

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Would have thought you'd have read it cover to cover by now?  :cool: But he's not the one selling it.

He's been selling outrage and profiteering through deception for a living for years. Wouldn't waste my time.

Fortunately others do see through this and respond on social media methodically debunking his ludicrous claims. Can you count how many you parroted on here?

• Like 1

Just now, Line-X said:

He's been selling outrage and profiteering through deception for a living for years. Wouldn't waste my time.

Fortunately others do see through this and respond on social media methodically debunking his ludicrous claims. Can you count how many you parroted on here?

You're diverging again from the post, which was about a book, not Ivor.

Guest Harrydc
2 minutes ago, Otis said:

It's often reported how many entered hospital on a particular day, pushing the narrative the NHS is under increasing pressure. I've never heard the numbers being discharged?

This is a huge issue. 

Why? 

Why is it we're never told the positive news. Why is it we're never told the full story? Is it because fear sells? Most likely. 

7 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

This is a huge issue. 

Why? 

Why is it we're never told the positive news. Why is it we're never told the full story? Is it because fear sells? Most likely. 

Why don't we even get open dedate? In fact we get it on here more than in the media. A ****ing football forum

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Soup said:

Why don't we even get open dedate? In fact we get it on here more than in the media. A ****ing football forum

The truth will out eventually in this inquiry.  Although if the Cummings debacle is anything to go by, jumping on the locking down sooner bandwagon will signal a missed opportunity in terms of questioning any alternatives.  It will also let Sage off the hook.  It was nice to hear some Tory MPs questioning the narrative today.  They're not all yes people.  Credit to Bridgen and others.  And Steve!

Screenshot_20210616-224122_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

You're diverging again from the post, which was about a book, not Ivor.

I simply pointed out that he is an opportunistic fraud. Then why do you feel the need to keep quoting him then? You did so the other night didn't you? - albeit for comic value from what I could tell. 

Take a look at the link I posted - how many of his fallacious tweets you can spot from the last year that you placed on here?

Regarding Dodsworth's book, to clarify, I'd be most intrigued to read it objectively - but wouldn't waste my time with Ivor Cummins hitching a ride on her coattails and telling me to do so. The articles that I read that she authored in 'The Critic' were massively one sided and cherry picked though...but then as I explained to you when you consistently posted links to it - although it claims to "subscribe to no editorial line nor serving the interests of any party, faction or cause" actually, only a cursory glance reveals its r/w leanings, agendas and affiliations. Of course, the point of The Critic is to argue controversial points, to fuel the polemic. Outrage sells as much as it claims that it's mission is not "provocation or a higher trolling". It aims to "drag the opinions that govern modern Britain kicking and screaming into public view, like a self-appointed heroic mouthpiece for the under-represented - and you buy into it...possibly unwittingly and ignorant of the fact that surprise surprise, the likes of Toby Young and Dominic Green are the contributing editors. Being sensationalist and polarising is easy, as a decade of social media pushing opinions to the extremes has shown us - and it certainly isn't "thinking out of the box". The real hard work lies with those brave enough to sometimes sit on the fence – painful as it may be. To return to the point though, I'll certainly have a look at the book. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harrydc said:

I suppose you have put a decent point across.

But what also needs to be looked at it how Sweden coped initially. They did not lock down and they have seemingly done OK. I've also said many times how we count our figures, and if it would have been lower if we counted fatalities accurately. 

Sweden is a red herring. It didn’t enforce lockdown but it made numerous recommendations which employers, education institutions and other establishments followed. That’s before we get into a whole debate (in the same where NZ is used as an example about lockdown working) in population density and more importantly, deprivation (the largely ignored probably biggest factor at play with COVID) 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

News just look for the biggest story - India today has actually relaxed in certain areas but others have chose to become stricter. Still averaging approx 77k cases a day. 

31 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The truth will out eventually in this inquiry.  Although if the Cummings debacle is anything to go by, jumping on the locking down sooner bandwagon will signal a missed opportunity in terms of questioning any alternatives.  It will also let Sage off the hook.  I

It won’t. That inquiry ain’t going anywhere soon and it will absolutely not implicate individuals. They are becoming an increased waste of time (and money). 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox