Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Does anyone else think that the increase in cases is less to do with the Delta variant being more transmissible and more to do with large swathes of people not taking any precautions anymore?

I never see anyone cleaning trolleys or baskets or even hands at shops any more (for the record, as a positive who has handled loads of goods with the next-to-nothing safety precautions Royal Mail have followed, it not sure how much it's spread this way) less masks, people in large gathering, little social distancing. You'd think it was all over by the way many people are acting.

I'm not saying we need to be back in lockdown, but this has, since day one, been greatly drawn out by people thinking they can do what they like, thereby weakening any measures taken to get back to normal.

• Like 1

Guest Harrydc
29 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Does anyone else think that the increase in cases is less to do with the Delta variant being more transmissible and more to do with large swathes of people not taking any precautions anymore?

I never see anyone cleaning trolleys or baskets or even hands at shops any more (for the record, as a positive who has handled loads of goods with the next-to-nothing safety precautions Royal Mail have followed, it not sure how much it's spread this way) less masks, people in large gathering, little social distancing. You'd think it was all over by the way many people are acting.

I'm not saying we need to be back in lockdown, but this has, since day one, been greatly drawn out by people thinking they can do what they like, thereby weakening any measures taken to get back to normal.

Well from what I see people are still going crazy and are running scared of eachother with their double masks. I guess we see / take notice of the things which annoy us most. 

2 hours ago, Harrydc said:

A lot of people may think I'm 'selfish' or 'stupid' for not taking the vaccine. But absolutely nothing will ever make me take it. No one can ever convince me otherwise. I'm not doing it to purposley  harm anyone, I'm just that skeptical. 

So imagine for someone like me being told your freedoms may be permanently taken away if you do not put something inside your body that you do not trust. 

I'm so frustrated right now with the world. 

Absolutely fair play to you. You can choose to do whatever you want imo. I'd never judge anyone who chooses not to take it. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Agree..I just put it down to the moronic English public who are unable to understand anything unless it's rammed down their throats.

Like when covid would  be less dangerous at Xmas because 'boris' said it was ok. But yet too frightened to go on holidays last year as they were forced fed there were mystery snoopers to check up on them returning home. Or the same morons who wear a mask in their own car ffs

The english public are just unable to function unless they have explicit, bespoke orders 24/7

Edit English for British..generallynindont think the Irish, Welsh and jocks are as thick as English 

Edited by Paninistickers

Guest Harrydc
13 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Agree..I just put it down to the moronic English public who are unable to understand anything unless it's rammed down their throats.

Like when covid would  be less dangerous at Xmas because 'boris' said it was ok. But yet too frightened to go on holidays last year as they were forced fed there were mystery snoopers to check up on them returning home. Or the same morons who wear a mask in their own car ffs

The english public are just unable to function unless they have explicit, bespoke orders 24/7

Edit English for British..generallynindont think the Irish, Welsh and jocks are as thick as English 

Covid is still being rammed down our throats every moment of every day? 

Turn on the news right now. See what it says. It might tell you that 19 people died today. But let's also remember that 1581 other people died today from other causes. Yet, the so called 'moronic British public' are still walking around like living diseases, scared to go within 5 feet of eachother outdoors. 

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It would be interesting to know what the current ct levels are.  This information was obtainable when the last surge occurred.  Now I can't find it.

Plenty of people out there questioning the validity of these tests once again.

I find it strange that 16-24 yr olds are driving cases.  I'd expect this age range to be amongst the lowest in uptake of these tests.  Still noone outside Wigston test centre every time I drive by.  Place is deserted.

Who is testing and where are these tests taking place? 

Edited by Legend_in_blue

19 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I find it strange that 16-24 yr olds are driving cases.  I'd expect this age range to be amongst the lowest in uptake of these tests.  Still noone outside Wigston test centre every time I drive by.  Place is deserted.

Don't schools, colleges and universities insist that their students get tested twice a day?  

9 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It would be interesting to know what the current ct levels are.  This information was obtainable when the last surge occurred.  Now I can't find it.

Plenty of people out there questioning the validity of these tests once again.

Home testing. I deliver loads every day.

How many people die each day in the U.K.?   1750 (apparently)

Second wave max number of daily deaths (seven day rolling av) : 1241

so we can say with a lot of confidence that if left unchecked, this virus is v dangerous 

just wanted to make that point as some on here seem to think it isn’t 

our govt have screwed up a lot on this but they are supposed to protect us from harm - so them trying to ensure a variant doesn’t become established which will evade current vaccine efficacy is not unreasonable 

they are treading a line between ‘restrictions’ and ‘freedom’

give them stick for stuff like allowing the delta variant to gain traction before more were double jabbed but not for trying to make sure bad stuff doesn’t happen. 

The idea that they will just let things happen and see what the consequences are is fanciful now.   July 19th will be interesting in that regard  - the political pressure not to row back will be enormous 

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Not taking the vaccine is entirely your freedom of choice.

Society is likewise free to impose consequences upon you for not doing so in order to protect themselves.

Freedom works both ways.

I don't disagree but has society ever gone this far? It seems very extreme.

Anyway it will be fascinating to see how this all plays out. I wonder if they'll be an underground world , almost a secret society for the non jabbed lol

4 minutes ago, Soup said:

I don't disagree but has society ever gone this far? It seems very extreme.

Anyway it will be fascinating to see how this all plays out. I wonder if they'll be an underground world , almost a secret society for the non jabbed lol

To defend itself against a threat it deems deadly and one that makes the fabric of society itself so disrupted? Further, I think. Pretty much any major war applies as an example there if having to do something some might consider risky and possibly dangerous in order to preserve society counts. Much bigger risk all round, too.

12 hours ago, Harrydc said:

Covid is still being rammed down our throats every moment of every day? 

Turn on the news right now. See what it says. It might tell you that 19 people died today. But let's also remember that 1581 other people died today from other causes. Yet, the so called 'moronic British public' are still walking around like living diseases, scared to go within 5 feet of eachother outdoors. 

Ah yes, the 'ignore the problem and it will go away' approach. 

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

To defend itself against a threat it deems deadly and one that makes the fabric of society itself so disrupted? Further, I think. Pretty much any major war applies as an example there if having to do something some might consider risky and possibly dangerous in order to preserve society counts. Much bigger risk all round, too.Yeah 

I still think it's to extreme. Yeah

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

A) it's a ****ing pandemic of a highly communicable diseases the long terms effects of which we know nothing. People are worried. It is an issue and the news is going to report it. 

B) where have you had this utter nonesense of the 'so called moronic British public'. I've heard nobody call the public that I'm the media or in private. It sounds like something you've made up to push your weird agenda. 

Are you so monumentally thick that you think  the governments of every developed nation have chosen to take a huge economic hit over something trivial? Do you really think that? Do you think that millions and millions of people are being displaced and disrupted over nothing? That you alone, an unqualified non official, are in possession of the real knowledge. You've worked it out. It's nothing and we should ignore it. 

If you do think that why are you bellowing your shite into the ether on a football forum. Go and tell the people in charge directly. Virtually everybody here thinks you're a clown and tells you this constantly. Go and talk to the people in charge. 

Tbf I've been banging on about the moronic British public for years.  We're a dumb lot.

• Like 2

Interesting read on page 13 of the public health briefing on the Delta variant yesterday.

6A9C1A6F-9BD1-4D45-BBFF-1B68342E065C.thumb.png.7f14383673db000a8f91828e27bcecdc.png

higher death rate percentage in the vaccinated from Feb to June.

source 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/994839/Variants_of_Concern_VOC_Technical_Briefing_16.pdf

Edited by HankMarvin

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The other crazy Corbyn...

This guy gets far too much airtime for being related to someone of some kind of relevance. 

For someone who has no standing or stature, he gets far too much attention. 

52 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Interesting read on page 13 of the public health briefing on the Delta variant yesterday.

6A9C1A6F-9BD1-4D45-BBFF-1B68342E065C.thumb.png.7f14383673db000a8f91828e27bcecdc.png

higher death rate percentage in the vaccinated from Feb to June.

source 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/994839/Variants_of_Concern_VOC_Technical_Briefing_16.pdf

What I see is 34 unvaccinated deaths, and 26 fully vaccinated deaths.

Given the fully vaccinated are overwhelmingly over 50, many very old and vulnerable.

And the unvaccianted are overwhelmingly people 30 and under.

To me this just shows how effective the vaccines are to be honest.

We all know and have been told multiple times that no vaccine is 100%. 

Edited by DennisNedry
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

What I see is 34 unvaccinated deaths, and 26 fully vaccinated deaths.

Given the fully vaccinated are overwhelmingly over 50, many very old and vulnerable.

And the unvaccianted are overwhelmingly people 30 and under.

To me this just shows how effective the vaccines are to be honest.

We all know and have been told multiple times that no vaccine is 100%. 

Even if you don’t count the the other 11 deaths after one vaccine.

That’s 26 deaths from 4087 double vaccine hospitalisations   
as opposed to 34 from 35521

This is about the Delta variant which we are told "It is a variant that is more easily transmissible, potentially deadlier and particularly dangerous for young people." 

so given your point that the unvaccinated are overwhelmingly  under 30 shouldn’t there be more deaths in that category.

Edited by HankMarvin