Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Whether it's the right decision or not to delay lifting of restrictions its pretty damning that bringing back restrictions will quickly be on the agenda time and time again. 

Why is it damning? 

I'm still yet to see SAGE or the government disclose under what scenario would the lifting of restrictions on June 21st occurred given we are further along with the vaccination programme than predicted months ago, and therefore if the Indian variant hadn't hit then we'd all be free to get back to normal?

We would have been going ahead with unlocking the remaining few things, there was nothing to stop it. 

In which case as soon as the next variant did arrive that looked iffy and more and more data needed to be obtained, restrictions could and would have been back in place. If they wouldn't do that, then why delay lifting it it's the same thing. Cases will rise, sadly some people will die whether vaccinated or not.

We very well maybe at some point, if something evades the vaccines we're in the poop. But generally they look to be holding up when fully vaccinated, if the data carries in a positive way we open up soon enough. 

I think they know, when we're open, the appetite for shutting things down again is going to be rock bottom.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why is it damning? 

We would have been going ahead with unlocking the remaining few things, there was nothing to stop it. 

We very well maybe at some point, if something evades the vaccines we're in the poop. But generally they look to be holding up when fully vaccinated, if the data carries in a positive way we open up soon enough. 

I think they know, when we're open, the appetite for shutting things down again is going to be rock bottom.

The point I'm making here is, they are extending delaying restrictions for a variant that hasn't evaded the vaccinations, so it won't just be that threshold that will potentially see them bring restrictions back. 

They were basing June 21st on being the earliest date possible, but I am intruiged how they chose that date given the vaccination programme has exceeded their expectations and yet supposedly there's not enough been double vaccinated yet to fend off this variant they don't know enough about. So it's quite clear how unlikely there was going to be an environment where they would lift it all, we have had 2 variants in the last 6 months that have supposedly been a huge concern.

If they are going to react like this every time there is one then this is just going to go on and on.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The point I'm making here is, they are extending delaying restrictions for a variant that hasn't evaded the vaccinations, so it won't just be that threshold that will potentially see them bring restrictions back. 

They were basing June 21st on being the earliest date possible, but I am intruiged how they chose that date given the vaccination programme has exceeded their expectations and yet supposedly there's not enough been double vaccinated yet to fend off this variant they don't know enough about. So it's quite clear how unlikely there was going to be an environment where they would lift it all, we have had 2 variants in the last 6 months that have supposedly been a huge concern.

If they are going to react like this every time there is one then this is just going to go on and on.

June 21st was based on Alpha, it's unfortunate that Delta came along but that's why one of the four tests for going to the next phase always mentioned variants.

The date itself was about giving enough time to track what happened after opening up a level. It's wasn't about June 21st it was about X number of weeks between each level, so they could see both how vaccines were working, and how each part opening up impacted transmission etc. 

They reacted like this because so many hadn't been double vaccinated. Privately I'm sure they'd all say, they are fairly confident the vaccines work. Once we are open and the vast majority double vaccinated then the only thing that closes is down again in anyway is a sudden spike in hospitalisations and deaths I'd think.

I think the sooner people get to grips with the fact this isn't going away and it's something we're going to deal with forever the better. Something might crop up, but, what can you do?

• Like 1

Cumming pulling no punches on his blog, sounds like he let Hancock give himself plenty of rope to hang himself when facing the enquiry panel:

https://dominiccummings.substack.com/p/the-pm-on-hancock-totally-****ing

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fd333e06d-6d87-4870-a6be-df20d23957fe_1432x360.png

c25cb634-1af7-496c-92d9-7d921e589dc4_142

Would be massively entertaining to read if this wasn't you know, like quite literally a life or death situation that gripped the entire country whilst a bunch of privileged rich kids messed it all up for everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As a senior civil servant, presumably Dominic Cummings signed the Official Secrets Act. If that's the case, it's hard to understand why he's able to go public on so much of the workings of government business. He must be Sir Keir Starmer's new best friend.

Guest Bert Fill
22 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Boris is such a lying pleb. Absolute shower of shit literally every day and timeline he has given he has backtracked on. Every single time. Can’t think of a worse PM in my lifetime. 

In your lifetime?

Has there ever been a worse one since the job was invented?

56 minutes ago, String fellow said:

As a senior civil servant, presumably Dominic Cummings signed the Official Secrets Act. If that's the case, it's hard to understand why he's able to go public on so much of the workings of government business. He must be Sir Keir Starmer's new best friend.

That's one take from it all...

28 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

In your lifetime?

Has there ever been a worse one since the job was invented?

I don’t know I’m getting on and have been around a while now. You are probably correct though he is something else. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Forget that what about all the shit Boris and Hancock have been doing? It is inexcusable.

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Did he serve as a civil servant? He was appointed chief advisor to Johnson. 

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Did he serve as a civil servant? He was appointed chief advisor to Johnson. 

Think that was the crux of a lot of concern at the point of his employment - not an official and not bound by a lot of the codes of conduct. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The non eviction of business from commercial premises has been extended until March 2022. Make of that what you will

Hopefully trying to give businesses chance to get back on there feet after restrictions have been lifted ?

If it’s not that then it’s worrying.

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Hopefully trying to give businesses chance to get back on there feet after restrictions have been lifted ?

If it’s not that then it’s worrying.

That’s the idea but a lot of businesses will then be expected to pay out 2 years rent as the debt will not disappear. 

I know for a fact some quite large retailers have refused to pay rent and that bad will is going to hurt them when March 2022 turns up. Independents have generally paid like half rents etc in my experience 

• Sad 1

Guest Harrydc

I've been reading a few things that may put things into perspective for you. I believe fear has been used to make us comply, and wether that was the ethical /right thing to do has to be considered. 

From the very outset, it has been drummed into us how we should stay at home, and how this is the biggest threat to this country since world war 2. We were told that we've had the most excess deaths since World War 2, when in fact its the most since 2008.

In April 2021, 689 people under the age of 60 with no underlying conditions died in UK with covid since March 2020.

Of course, that is tragic. But what must be considered is that 1600 people die a day in the UK for any reason. 

When looking at deaths overall with COVID,  the average age of coronavirus deaths is 82.3 years. That is one year older than the life expectancy in England in this current era. 

As I've said, every death is tragic. This is simply a post to showcase how fear has taken over our lives - especially at a time when the vaccine has been heavily distributed. It's to showcase how propaganda has been used to make us fear eachother and treat eachother like walking bio hazards.

These were all stats from PHE and the NHS. Nothing here is a 'conspiracy'. 

Edited by Harrydc