Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's see how much press coverage there is on this protest. If there's barely any then it's a disgrace. Report the news.

Twitter have removed the Matt Hancock pictures and videos when searching for them apparently, seems like the government want to shut this down quick and let him move on to more scandal and pain for the country.

He’s resigned…

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Or don’t be fookin stupid by giving the government even more reason to extend the restrictions?

Cant you see the irony?

:D

Cases aren’t ill people though are they. Hospitalisations and deaths are more important.
The government do what they want anyway with seemingly no opposition, which is why people are protesting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Did the infection rate rise after the BLM protests last year?

Been said 1000000 times. No evidence of outdoor transmission at any of last years protests or events (promotion parties, people cramming onto beaches etc.).

Didn't go down there myself but fair play for anyone who went down there, no wonder millions are against the restrictions as things stand.

15 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Cases aren’t ill people though are they. Hospitalisations and deaths are more important.
The government do what they want anyway with seemingly no opposition, which is why people are protesting.

I try to see things in terms of them ‘having a point’. If these protests change things and the government suddenly start changing their policy then ok

My concern is that it’ll harden the governmental approach on this even further

Whether mass gatherings such as these result in higher infection rates, or not, psychologically the administration will see this as an awful lot of people going against ‘the rules’, which will probably make them tighten ‘the rules’ even more 

19 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Been said 1000000 times. No evidence of outdoor transmission at any of last years protests or events (promotion parties, people cramming onto beaches etc.).

Didn't go down there myself but fair play for anyone who went down there, no wonder millions are against the restrictions as things stand.

There was very little virus around when all these protests and beach cramming went on last may/June 

that’s not quite the case now 

We hope that the vaccines do their job but maybe today’s march contained a lot of people who haven’t been vaccinated ……..

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There was very little virus around when all these protests and beach cramming went on last may/June 

that’s not quite the case now 

We hope that the vaccines do their job but maybe today’s march contained a lot of people who haven’t been vaccinated ……..

Very little testing as well searching for "cases"...

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Mate these protests have been happening every month including throughout the winter month's. No evidence.of higher transmission at all

5 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

It will barely get any coverage, the media won’t want people seeing it.

If it was a BLM protest or climate change they would be all over it.

I have no particular views on the protests but watching the delayed BBC news,and no headline mention.If it was a pro EU march doubtless they wouldn’t have been able to contain themselves.resignation or not.This is starting to look dodgy.

• Like 2

Got a test and trace app question....

Anyone know how I could get a ping to self isolate when I never actually checked in at a venue? The apps t&c's say the tracking doesn't work unless you scan and that bluetooth tracking isn't used.... so just curious as to how it might have happened. My friend has got one but he checked in at the place we went to on Tuesday (worked out it's Tuesday as i've been asked to do 7 days)

9 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

I have no particular views on the protests but watching the delayed BBC news,and no headline mention.If it was a pro EU march doubtless they wouldn’t have been able to contain themselves.resignation or not.This is starting to look dodgy.

The news was shortened 

there is a piece of the bbc new app about the march ……it’s wasnt a secret ………..

the only ‘dodgy’ thing is people’s unfounded worries about propaganda and censorship 

everyone knows that there are millions of people out there who are unhappy

but polling June 21st showed 70% of the population in favour of continuing till July 19th …… even allowing for some exaggeration, that’s way more than 52/48 which was considered enough …….

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The news was shortened 

the only ‘dodgy’ thing is people’s unfounded worries about propaganda and censorship 

but polling June 21st showed 70% of the population in favour of continuing till July 19th …… even allowing for some exaggeration, that’s way more than 52/48 which was considered enough …….

Yet they still had time to show a lengthy piece about the collapsed building in Miami?????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Yet they still had time to show a lengthy piece about the collapsed building in Miami?????

I think it's more important to cover 100's of people dead in a building collapse over giving airtime to the clinically insane?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't personally have a problem with the protest per se, what empirical evidence we have seems to show that it isn't too much of a risk to public health and as such it's a free country.

I do have a problem with the blatant self-interest at the expense of others and lack of understanding of epidemiology as well as seemingly believing a force of nature somehow cares what humans think (knowing or not, that is an assumption being made) that brought the protest to pass in the first place, but that's a different issue.

Edited by leicsmac

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The news was shortened 

How many people did they ask to come up with 70% of the population are in favour of extending restrictions ?