Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Haven't had a date for mine yet (I'm 27 for reference), but my mate who got his a week after me, has his booked for 8 weeks after his first jab (he's 32).

I'm 43 and had my 1st jab about 6 weeks ago, and haven't heard anything yet.

I booked my jab when I got a message from my GP and went to a local centre.  I wasn't given the opportunity to book my 2nd jab.

My wife was eligible for the jab quite early on and booked in at one of the mass vaccination centres so booked via the general NHS website, and booked her 2nd jab when she booked the 1st.

I am therefore guessing that booking via a mass vaccination centre you can book both dates, and if you book via the GP message, you book the 1st and wait for the next notification for the 2nd.

But I could be completely wrong.

7 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

I'm 43 and had my 1st jab about 6 weeks ago, and haven't heard anything yet.

I booked my jab when I got a message from my GP and went to a local centre.  I wasn't given the opportunity to book my 2nd jab.

My wife was eligible for the jab quite early on and booked in at one of the mass vaccination centres so booked via the general NHS website, and booked her 2nd jab when she booked the 1st.

I am therefore guessing that booking via a mass vaccination centre you can book both dates, and if you book via the GP message, you book the 1st and wait for the next notification for the 2nd.

But I could be completely wrong.

Same as me and my bro, we booked via GP after getting a text and went to a local centre (it was a few miles away but hey ho) and I wasn't given the opportunity either. If it gets close to the 8 weeks and I haven't heard anything I'll just ring the GP and see what they say.

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

This from the BBC’s feed;

A son desperate to see his dying father in Australia has been denied quarantine exemption by the state of Queensland - meaning he and his wife must spend 14 days in hotel isolation before they can visit Mark Kilian's father, who has pancreatic cancer.

The couple were granted exemption to Covid-19 border closures by the Australian federal government, but the state of Queensland has denied their request.

"I think it kind of just shattered him," says Mark, whose father was moved to hospital soon after he learnt he would not be able to see his son immediately.

Queensland Health has denied the exemption four times but have put forward "no solutions", says Mark's partner, Anneli Gericke.

A spokesperson for Queensland Health has defended its policies, saying it would "always put the safety of the Queensland community first and our quarantine policy has been successful in keeping our community safe".

The couple are both fully vaccinated and have returned three negative Covid tests.

"I am battling to come to terms with the heartlessness," says Mark, who insists the couple do not present a health risk to the people of Queensland.

What has the world come to? Test negative three times, double vaccinated, can’t see your dying father because of the absolutely infinitesimally small chance you have an infectious disease. 

Unfortunately this is a story all too familiar. Read one yesterday where a mother in the US had a child to a UK father, the child died and because of the US travel ban on the UK he can’t get in to grieve with his partner. When you hear that Americans can go wherever they like this summer and return without quarantine if vaccinated, and all this traffic light system shit from the UK which is apparently exempt for G7 and UEFA; there’s a real wonder why we aren’t seeing more riots in the streets.

I was behind it all for so long and was following the science. This is now people fvcking with our lives. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Haven't had a date for mine yet (I'm 27 for reference), but my mate who got his a week after me, has his booked for 8 weeks after his first jab (he's 32).

Mine was auto-booked for me when I booked my first in. Exactly 8 weeks after my first (same weekday, same timeslot). I booked through LRI directly so maybe their booking system auto-books second jabs whereas others not. I thought everyone gets the date for their second jab when they have their first

24 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Mine was auto-booked for me when I booked my first in. Exactly 8 weeks after my first (same weekday, same timeslot). I booked through LRI directly so maybe their booking system auto-books second jabs whereas others not. I thought everyone gets the date for their second jab when they have their first

Dont think it does. I had my 1st through my GP last monday and he said the next one will be 8-12 weeks and they would contact me but if i hadnt heard anything by week 10 then to call them.

25 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Dont think it does. I had my 1st through my GP last monday and he said the next one will be 8-12 weeks and they would contact me but if i hadnt heard anything by week 10 then to call them.

OK, must be different depending where it is done. I think a few of my family got given dates for their second when they had their first.

6 minutes ago, Stivo said:

Yes 16135 today.

Haha I did have a little laugh at that post when I saw it given the trends lol

The next few weeks and months will be genuinely interesting to see if we hit a peak and cases start coming down without having to introduce extra restrictions and possibly continue to reduce them.

If the hospitilisation and death cruves remain much flatter than the positive cases, as hoped, then we're gonna be looking in great shape

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

Seven day numbers showing sharp increases.... shock horror.

19EDE5B8-0E53-4AC2-A351-D7746B2D4C6A.jpeg

I dont know why, but Wednesday seems to be the worst day for percentages, then it gradually drops to Sunday and then begins to climb again. As long as the middle 2 graphs continue to look much flatter then the graph on the left can do what it wants as far as I'm concerned :D

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha I did have a little laugh at that post when I saw it given the trends lol

The next few weeks and months will be genuinely interesting to see if we hit a peak and cases start coming down without having to introduce extra restrictions and possibly continue to reduce them.

If the hospitilisation and death cruves remain much flatter than the positive cases, as hoped, then we're gonna be looking in great shape

I am hoping that they found a bunch of tests or something, it seems a big leap in one day and the plateau that we had for a week or so seemed very odd.

5 hours ago, Sly said:

I think we need to acknowledge that it’s here to stay and we’ll most likely need annual boosters for this thing. 

I think this has already been acknowledged. 

Johnson said its something we will have to live with. 

Hancock has already stated there will be a booster jab programme, with logistics to be determined, in autumn. 

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

i'll get jabbed each year even if we don't. The nurse at my surgery is a right milf.

What makes you think she's interested in your p**k? 

Edited by Line-X

1 hour ago, Stivo said:

I am hoping that they found a bunch of tests or something, it seems a big leap in one day and the plateau that we had for a week or so seemed very odd.

As I said to babs it seems like they finally catch up with the weekend backlog by Wednesday and that's when the peak seems to happen each week

15 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’ll get jabbed each year if we get back to where we were pre March 2020, 

The only way back to pre March 2020 is to get hold of a Flux Capacitor and enough road to get up to 88 :D

• Haha 1