Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Has anyone ever had a visit from the infamous 'COVID Police' when they were meant to be isolating/quarantining? 

I believe isolation/quarantine is managed by phone calls.

They'll try calling you 3 times to ask if you're isolating, that's it.

If they do not answer within 3 attempts, only then is the possibility of someone knocking at the door but it's a small number of cases. 

Ive travelled twice and had to quarantine and both times it was just a phone call. Most people don't even get a phone call...

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

I believe isolation/quarantine is managed by phone calls.

They'll try calling you 3 times to ask if you're isolating, that's it.

If they do not answer within 3 attempts, only then is the possibility of someone knocking at the door but it's a small number of cases. 

Ive travelled twice and had to quarantine and both times it was just a phone call. Most people don't even get a phone call...

In the same way that the government have turned the cameras off to stop in office shagging, does that mean that if everyone turns their phones off, they are definitely isolating?

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Has anyone ever had a visit from the infamous 'COVID Police' when they were meant to be isolating/quarantining? 

Someone I know was raging that they went to visit her when she had to isolate following receiving a medical treatment abroad. She had to rest up so wasn't exactly going anywhere! But anyway, main point is that they do seem to be doing home visits. 

4 hours ago, Adrian said:

how has Andrew Marr got covid?????? hes double vaccinated????

im not anti vaxer by the way

Quite simple. If he's had the the AZ vaccine there is only a 64% efficacy rate if he had the delta variant

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/news/astrazeneca-vaccine-delta-variant/

A far higher effect against a serious infection - which reflects Marr's infection.

1 hour ago, oxford blue said:

Quite simple. If he's had the the AZ vaccine there is only a 64% efficacy rate if he had the delta variant

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/news/astrazeneca-vaccine-delta-variant/

A far higher effect against a serious infection - which reflects Marr's infection.

Apparently, Andrew Marr had two doses of the Pfizer vaccine, but despite that, was quite ill with Covid-19. I found that quite concerning.

19 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Apparently, Andrew Marr had two doses of the Pfizer vaccine, but despite that, was quite ill with Covid-19. I found that quite concerning.

He had flu like symptoms, didn't have trouble breathing and didn't need hospital treatment. Shows that the vaccine works If he's been doubled vaccinated.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Otis said:

He had flu like symptoms, didn't have trouble breathing and didn't need hospital treatment. Shows that the vaccine works If he's been doubled vaccinated.

Yeah I read that afterwards.

He was bed bound for 4 or 5 days but was fully recovered within 7 and had no breathing problems.

Obviously it's still not nice, but is that not the point of the vaccine? That it protects most people from catching it and those who don't, it stops it getting in your lungs. That's the same with the flu jab as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Well no, he wasnt quite ill. He felt a bit ropey for a few days.

Minus vaccine hes probably seriously ill

So, I’ve been thinking. This has no scientific back up, stats or inside info. This is purely my brain thinking things over. 

So, my theory of why schools are hit hard. Some/most of the staff would have been vaccinated recently, some one, some two jabs. Would this increase the spread? If you’re vaccinated, there’s a chance you could be infected and not know about it  this spreading it as teachers have started not to wear face masks. Are vaccinated people actually (and unknowingly) spreading it to unvaccinated and the young? Or doesn’t it work like that?

Dark I know l, and maybe completely wrong, but wanted to tell someone my logic? I think it might have more to do with the Delta variant being easier to catch. But again, I’m no scientist! 

Thoughts?  

Edited by fox_favourite

17 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

So, I’ve been thinking. This has no scientific back up, stats or inside info. This is purely my brain thinking things over. 

So, my theory of why schools are hit hard. Some/most of the staff would have been vaccinated recently, some one, some two jabs. Would this increase the spread? If you’re vaccinated, there’s a chance you could be infected and not know about it  this spreading it as teachers have started not to wear face masks. Are vaccinated people actually (and unknowingly) spreading it to unvaccinated and the young? Or doesn’t it work like that?

Dark I know l, and maybe completely wrong, but wanted to tell someone my logic? I think it might have more to do with the Delta variant being easier to catch. But again, I’m no scientist! 

Thoughts?  

Delta virus is more transmissible.  What I do know is that school children are now being asked to self isolate in there droves.  My kids school at this moment is having to close classrooms and school years because a small number of kids with the virus means those in contact have to isolate regardless whether they have the virus or not.

7 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Delta virus is more transmissible.  What I do know is that school children are now being asked to self isolate in there droves.  My kids school at this moment is having to close classrooms and school years because a small number of kids with the virus means those in contact have to isolate regardless whether they have the virus or not.

Schools are fighting a losing battle and I feel sorry for them. Whatever anyone else says, they’re all doing their best to keep the kids education going, and trying to protect their students and their staff. All wouldn’t want to send kids home and instead  “get things back to normal”. Wouldn’t want to be a head at the mo. Fair play on them! 

Edited by fox_favourite

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Yeah and if you read the article he says with fever, shakes, muscle aches and tiredness.

And had no breathing problems and was fully recovered by the end of his 7 day isolation.

Not saying its nice to catch, but everyone has had bad flu like that for a week - the point is that he didn't get breathing problems or need hospitalisation- which is the primary job of the vaccine, not actually catching it/getting symptoms is the secondary job.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Schools were, and always will be the main problem, but how can you stop that? Only thing I can think of is that children should be tested on a daily basis at home before going to school, but that’s an awful lot of work and responsibility on behalf of the parents plus the added financial hit for having to take time off work, and the only way to solve that is for SSP to be greatly increased. At the moment it’s a bit of a chance game, send your child to school, another child has it, the whole class or bubble gets sent home, parents and family have to isolate, it’s a never ending circle.

34 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Schools were, and always will be the main problem, but how can you stop that? Only thing I can think of is that children should be tested on a daily basis at home before going to school, but that’s an awful lot of work and responsibility on behalf of the parents plus the added financial hit for having to take time off work, and the only way to solve that is for SSP to be greatly increased. At the moment it’s a bit of a chance game, send your child to school, another child has it, the whole class or bubble gets sent home, parents and family have to isolate, it’s a never ending circle.

Why are they so determined to stop it?  Flu kills children at a far greater rate than coronavirus.  Have we established a principle that children should be kept at home when anyone has flu?  I don't actually know whether this is a genuine attempt to protect children, a bogus pretence of protecting children when the unions are basically doing paid strike action, a genuine attempt to stop anyone from catching the virus, or what.  

Would the harm of letting children catch a virus which does them no harm, exceed the harm of disrupting their education for a school year and a half already, and who knows how much longer to come?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Why are they so determined to stop it?  Flu kills children at a far greater rate than coronavirus.  Have we established a principle that children should be kept at home when anyone has flu?  I don't actually know whether this is a genuine attempt to protect children, a bogus pretence of protecting children when the unions are basically doing paid strike action, a genuine attempt to stop anyone from catching the virus, or what.  

Would the harm of letting children catch a virus which does them no harm, exceed the harm of disrupting their education for a school year and a half already, and who knows how much longer to come?

I would have thought they’re trying to stop it because we’ll end up running out of teachers if they have to take a fortnight off every time a child has it under the current rules so the implications of a schoolchild catching covid is immaterial. I don’t know what the long term answers going to be but with how schools are having to deal with the problem at the moment the only thing I can see is that parents have to ensure their children are negative before they send them to school.

Anyone know what the rules are regarding this?

We were at a football tournament for hours with my son on Sunday. One of his teammates has yesterday tested positive. We were all in pretty close proximity throughout, in between matches etc as we had to stay in our own areas.

Presume as it was outside it won't mean needing to isolate?

Edited by Rain King

20 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Anyone know what the rules are regarding this?

We were at a football tournament for hours with my son on Sunday. One of his teammates has yesterday tested positive. We were all in pretty close proximity throughout in between matches As we had to stay in our own areas.

Presume as it was outside it won't mean needing to isolate?

That's what Chilwell and Mount said :ph34r:

• Haha 1