Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha I know what you mean, the tory MP's especially really seem to struggle to hide their contempt for the average person when being interviewed lol

The amount of anger the Matt Hancock's smug smile and attitude brings up in me is mental haha.

I feel like if people are sticking to the rules rigidly then more fool them. Assess your own situation, take on board advice from the government and scientists and make your own decision.

People asking "can i hug so and so". Yes of course you can, way up the pros and cons and make your own decision.

The worst people are the ones that stuck to the rules rigidly and then just because the government said it was okay at christmas, they decided that touching and seeing people was safe for a 72 hour period then went back to being frightened of everything. Incredibly weird lol

Best post of the whole thread. 

I've know people who, if it's a 'Green' destination = safe. Amber = certain death.. Rule of six in garden = safe. Seven people = death. Sunak spending billions on benefit = good. Mcdonnell spending billions on benefit = evil

I've found the need of some sections of the public, particularly the worried well, to have an absolute specific rule for every case scenario to be the most disturbing aspect of the whole thing. Feeble minded stuff.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Trumpet said:

Sorry, I try not to spend too much time in this thread anymore so must have missed the previous discussions. For what it’s worth I have no problem with being jabbed yearly if that’s what’s needed, just curious as to whether that yearly could become bi-yearly as more data emerges.

Sorry mate I didn’t mean to sound condescending 

I’d not be at all surprised if it were bi-annually. This virus seems to mutate much faster than flu. We’ve already seen how many variants already? 
It’ll be like this going forward I think. New vaccines being produced to cope with new variants and vaccination programmes being rolled out long term 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

The Matt cartoon in the Daily Telegraph today has someone organising a wedding, with 30 ordinary guests and 2,500 VIPs.attending.  :)

The Very Important Persons (VIPs) may be risking becoming hospitalised as Virus Infected Patients (VIPs).

7 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but does anyone know if they'll let you get a second vaccine before the advised 8-weeks? 

I had my 1st 4 weeks ago and want to get a second to avoid the quarantine when I hopefully go to Spain mid-July. It seems that Spain won't be put on the green list but those with double vaccines won't have to quarantine. 

Hassle your GP.  Got ours 5 weeks later.  Can't quite understand how people way before me in the queue still don't have a second or even first dose.  What's up?  If people havent had it already they won't be, govt scaremongering tactics will not work on these people.

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Are the 2.5k coming over here to work, or purely for the match and the social aspect? At least the footballers etc. are providing a service to the rest of us.

That's my own personal issue with it anyway, it'll be a jolly boys trip whilst the rest of us can't have a jolly boys trip abroad.

My friend is off to work at the Olympics for a month. She will have to follow restrictions for the first two weeks (i.e. staying within her venue and her hotel) and then will be free to do what she likes, according to any local restrictions. That seems an appropriate approach to me considering the current global current position. Oh and Team GB also organised for her to be double vaccinated, so that's a bonus. 

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

My friend is off to work at the Olympics for a month. She will have to follow restrictions for the first two weeks (i.e. staying within her venue and her hotel) and then will be free to do what she likes, according to any local restrictions. That seems an appropriate approach to me considering the current global current position. Oh and Team GB also organised for her to be double vaccinated, so that's a bonus. 

That seems the best way of doing it to me, but you know these VIPs at the Euro final will be flying in on the day, roaming wherever (The Gov can claim they'll all be isolated and only going to and from the match but we know that's gonna be bollocks) before mixing with others and flying back home in the following days.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

anyone here had the jab and had booze the same night? 

I did, had my first Pfizer at around 5pm and then my usual few glasses of wine in the evening. I felt incredibly tired for about 48 hours and had a really sore arm, but nothing else to report. 

Dreading the second one next week though, I've heard that the side effects are worse for this one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I did, had my first Pfizer at around 5pm and then my usual few glasses of wine in the evening. I felt incredibly tired for about 48 hours and had a really sore arm, but nothing else to report. 

Dreading the second one next week though, I've heard that the side effects are worse for this one. 

Why, Have you ran out of wine?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

must've been some BS i read then. i think ill stick to my normal drinking habits tomorrow lol 

I figured it would probably be more of a shock to my body if I went without the wine than the vaccine itself lol

• Haha 2