Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 hours ago, don_danbury said:

anyone here had the jab and had booze the same night? 

Took an early finish on a Friday for my second jab in May. Had a couple pints on the way back back. Was in the gym the next day no problem.

15 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Hassle your GP.  Got ours 5 weeks later.  Can't quite understand how people way before me in the queue still don't have a second or even first dose.  What's up?  If people havent had it already they won't be, govt scaremongering tactics will not work on these people.

Okay cheers mate good to know.

19 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I did, had my first Pfizer at around 5pm and then my usual few glasses of wine in the evening. I felt incredibly tired for about 48 hours and had a really sore arm, but nothing else to report. 

Dreading the second one next week though, I've heard that the side effects are worse for this one. 

Same here on the 1st,  Second made me feel jet lagged and slightly sick for 2 days.

43 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Anyone who says 'actually I don't mind matt Hancock', safe to say that's all you need to know about someone. 

I’m pretty sure I’ve used these exact words before. lol

20 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I did, had my first Pfizer at around 5pm and then my usual few glasses of wine in the evening. I felt incredibly tired for about 48 hours and had a really sore arm, but nothing else to report. 

Dreading the second one next week though, I've heard that the side effects are worse for this one. 

I had the second Pfizer about a month ago - I had heard symptoms were worse second time around, but actually for me it was exactly the same as the first one: I just felt tired for 36 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rachhere said:

Not so much really. They have clearly been working on these vaccines of this nature  for years and have the underlying knowledge to know what they are doing. Far more concerned about the potential long term impacts of Covid. 

This.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Not so much really. They have clearly been working on these vaccines of this nature  for years and have the underlying knowledge to know what they are doing. Far more concerned about the potential long term impacts of Covid. 

I'm concerned about both; the long term impacts of covid and the long term impacts of the various vaccines.

There's an article on the BBC today, saying there were no major outbreaks found at government mass pilot events.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57615547

They studied 9 pilot events.   The interesting thing was the number of "participants" at the 3 football events.

Assuming this was a detailed test event, you would think that it was a more accurate number of the actual number of attendees ... rather than a rough estimate of the number of tickets sold or given away to local residents (and assorted freebies).

The article interestingly quotes the following:

18 Apr: FA Cup semi-final ( 2,728 participants)
 25 Apr: Carabao Cup final ( 7,737 participants)
 15 May: FA Cup final      (18,720 participants)

Not quite the 4000 and 21000 quoted for our 2 FA Cup matches.

7 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

There's an article on the BBC today, saying there were no major outbreaks found at government mass pilot events.

They studied 9 pilot events.   The interesting thing was the number of "participants" at the 3 football events.

Assuming this was a detailed test event, you would think that it was a more accurate number of the actual number of attendees ... rather than a rough estimate of the number of tickets sold or given away to local residents (and assorted freebies).

I guess only that number took a test after the event and then reported it?

3 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

They've given no guidance or infomation to clubs/gigs/music events etc. about their findings, they've just been left in the dark, it's a disgrace.

I never want to hear the words socially distance again btw, fed up of the bastard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I honestly am a bit concerned that these vaccines have not had long term testing. I'm obviously worried about the long term effects of covid but I'm also concerned about the vaccines. As I've stated before someone I am very close to is a total anti vaccine person, be it covid or anything else, and I'm fully aware that by being, be it minutely or hugely, concerned with this covid vaccine I am tarnished with the exact same brush, told to grow up, I must think the world is flat etc etc, but there we go. I'm booked in for my second jab next week, after careful consideration of my duty to my elderly and vulnerable family and friends etc, but I'm as hesitant now as I was the first time around, in relation to the direct consequence of the jab; never mind the unknown long term affects. But there we go, I've hesitantly taken it BUT if they think they're going to lock down again and try and tell me not to see my gran or mum when everyone is fully inoculated, which looks to be coming at some point. They can swivel. 

Same. I had one against my better judgement and through much teeth gnashing..I don't fsncybthe second, tho will have it as I guess, I'm fcked now anyway. 

Just the thought of more genetically modified pfizer shite being pumped into my dna to protect me against a runny nose, protect 99 year old dementia patients ....all.in the name of not being considered 'selfish' and a not unreasonable desire to travel.

Boosters can go fck themselves though. The frightened can have the boosters. But I'm out after the second. 

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Does it concern anyone else that these vaccines are effectively stabs in the dark? They are untested since time has not permitted long-term trials and so we simply don't know the long term effects. You just can't 'cheat' time in that way?

Absolutely.  People that have a vaccine are a genuine guinea pig as the phases of trials have not been completed.  I listened to an interview with Eric Clapton that had been unwell since taking the Oxford Vaccine.  Quite interesting.

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I honestly am a bit concerned that these vaccines have not had long term testing. I'm obviously worried about the long term effects of covid but I'm also concerned about the vaccines. As I've stated before someone I am very close to is a total anti vaccine person, be it covid or anything else, and I'm fully aware that by being, be it minutely or hugely, concerned with this covid vaccine I am tarnished with the exact same brush, told to grow up, I must think the world is flat etc etc, but there we go. I'm booked in for my second jab next week, after careful consideration of my duty to my elderly and vulnerable family and friends etc, but I'm as hesitant now as I was the first time around, in relation to the direct consequence of the jab; never mind the unknown long term affects. But there we go, I've hesitantly taken it BUT if they think they're going to lock down again and try and tell me not to see my gran or mum when everyone is fully inoculated, which looks to be coming at some point. They can swivel. 

Prepare for lockdown at the start of August then as the rising cases from the Delta variant might overwhelm the NHS!  They will probably blame the Euros and people mixing in the capital.  The media are planting the sead now.

2 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Absolutely.  People that have a vaccine are a genuine guinea pig as the phases of trials have not been completed.  I listened to an interview with Eric Clapton that had been unwell since taking the Oxford Vaccine.  Quite interesting.

They have gone through all the stages, and they are fully licensed to be used. The key thing here compared to other drugs is the number of people receiving it, hence side effects are showing up more frequently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

They have gone through all the stages, and they are fully licensed to be used. The key thing here compared to other drugs is the number of people receiving it, hence side effects are showing up more frequently.

I'm pretty sure they haven't been through stage 3 trials as these usually take 1-4 years.

If people are concerned about the vaccine, that's fair enough. Free society and all that.

But what is unequivocal, empirically supported at this point in time and barring an unbelievable confluence of chance in the future as well, is that the consequences of *not* having it available are worse for society in general. I can't see how an logical argument can be made against that given what we know right now.

I guess this comes back to individualist against more communal worldviews again, though.

• Like 1