Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Football Benchmark - Most Valuable Clubs - We're 19th

13 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Does anyone know how much our owners own money has been put in?. 

They're still limited due to FFP but if memory serves the 'all-in' deal in 2010 (which expires this year I think) was worth about £4m a year for stadium and shirt sponsorship.

28 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They're still limited due to FFP but if memory serves the 'all-in' deal in 2010 (which expires this year I think) was worth about £4m a year for stadium and shirt sponsorship.

That's interesting. Funds permitting the value of that sponsorship will be substantially higher now, from a championship side to a premier league winning, top 4, Champions League qualifying team?

37 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

That's interesting. Funds permitting the value of that sponsorship will be substantially higher now, from a championship side to a premier league winning, top 4, Champions League qualifying team?

There was a rumour on here a few months back that they were considering finding new sponsors for a much more lucrative deal. There’s a massive gap between the top 6 and the rest. We could certainly justify a new KP deal somewhere between £10m-£40m given that we’re above 2/3rds of the clubs that do. Of course COVID19 throws a spanner in the works.

B71196F4-4131-4470-B027-CF1C2804674B.thumb.png.2363ef6c2126aa84b2334b5e3e80281c.png

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Celtic Seniors aren’t even on the list...

Blimey.  So small time football clubs like Leicester can make it onto lists like this? Shocking...

Brendan - Stay Safe - Keep Alert - Protect the SPL.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

West Ham above us how? 🧐

Lower wages, higher matchday revenue, higher sponsorship, stadium deal too probably.

As a club it’s only our playing squad and the new training ground that’s worth a significant amount tbh.

Considering everyone on that list have grounds nearly double our size (except Chelsea) we are not doing to bad are we ? ... hats off to all involved at lcfc :scarf:

Cannot  wait for training ground completion as hopefully drawings/plans for kp will be released ASAP. 
Then ,Not so little Lcfc anymore!

I'm sure any City fan over the age of 30 (I'm 37) must look at this and think "****ing hell" 

Top 6 in the Championship would have constituted a good season for most of my lifetime. Now we're one of the top 20 clubs in Europe. It's incredible.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

There was a rumour on here a few months back that they were considering finding new sponsors for a much more lucrative deal. There’s a massive gap between the top 6 and the rest. We could certainly justify a new KP deal somewhere between £10m-£40m given that we’re above 2/3rds of the clubs that do. Of course COVID19 throws a spanner in the works.

B71196F4-4131-4470-B027-CF1C2804674B.thumb.png.2363ef6c2126aa84b2334b5e3e80281c.png

King power certainly getting value for money for owning the club now.

I feel it would not be that crazy for us to have value on our kit sponsorship of at least 50% of spurs which is about 4x the amount we have now.

Edited by Chrysalis

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Has there ever been a higher amount of betting sponsorship in the Premier League?

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yes, for some time the value of our sponsorship deal has seemed undervalued compared with other teams around us.

Obviously King Power benefits and rightly so. Yet with FFP, maximising our income is vital, and it would seem to be an easy option to legitimately invest more funds into the club. I'm not sure why the deal hasn't been renegotiated sooner.

47 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Yes, for some time the value of our sponsorship deal has seemed undervalued compared with other teams around us.

Obviously King Power benefits and rightly so. Yet with FFP, maximising our income is vital, and it would seem to be an easy option to legitimately invest more funds into the club. I'm not sure why the deal hasn't been renegotiated sooner.

I think KP and LCFC were legit locked into a 10 year deal; there was an article a few years back about how, because we were locked into a kit deal with Puma for just £1m a year (signed in 2012), we'd earned them exposure way beyond the deal was actually worth. I'll try and find it tomorrow

• Like 1

On 28/05/2020 at 23:43, urban.spaceman said:

I think KP and LCFC were legit locked into a 10 year deal; there was an article a few years back about how, because we were locked into a kit deal with Puma for just £1m a year (signed in 2012), we'd earned them exposure way beyond the deal was actually worth. I'll try and find it tomorrow

Chop chop, you're late 😂

On 28/05/2020 at 23:54, sacreblueits442 said:

...wasn't there an initial £100m put in to purchase the stadium and to write off additional loans!!!!

Yes, they spent over that £100m and converted the loan to shares (effectively wrote it off) 

since we were promoted, I don’t believe that they have needed to put any actual money into the club ........