Aus Fox Posted 29 May 2020 Posted 29 May 2020 Michael Laudrup is underrated in many discussions, but was a phenomenal player and unplayable on his day. An absolute joy to watch.
oxford blue Posted 29 May 2020 Posted 29 May 2020 5 hours ago, enmac said: City's best winger in my time. Referring to Len Glover, I agree. Guppy comes close, but Glover was such an exciting player to watch. Is he the best English winger never to receive an international cap?
Izzy Posted 29 May 2020 Posted 29 May 2020 Must admit I enjoyed watching Steve Coppell play when I was a youth.
Fox92 Posted 29 May 2020 Posted 29 May 2020 6 hours ago, Nalis said: Robert Pires in that Arsenal team was one of my favourites to watch, more of a cut inside winger rather than one whipping in crosses. Proved to be a massive blow for France when he missed the 2002 World Cup through injury. Yeah agree with that. Arsenal's attack which included Pires/Ljungbereg/Henry/Bergkamp were incredible. I read Pires' book too years ago, good read.
Fox92 Posted 29 May 2020 Posted 29 May 2020 6 hours ago, Aus Fox said: Michael Laudrup is underrated in many discussions, but was a phenomenal player and unplayable on his day. An absolute joy to watch. A bit before my time but I understand he is regarded as one of the greatest of his generation. Mind you, you're not exactly a bad player if you've played for Juventus, Real and Barca
Nick Posted 30 May 2020 Posted 30 May 2020 Robben, Mahrez and Julian Joachim All for quite different reasons!
spacemunky Posted 30 May 2020 Posted 30 May 2020 I always liked Aiden McGeady and Jakub Blaszczykowski.
Leicester_Loyal Posted 30 May 2020 Posted 30 May 2020 Joe Cole sprang to mine when I saw the title of this thread. Will always love Mahrez though.
Tielemans63 Posted 30 May 2020 Posted 30 May 2020 Unfortunately he played for Man U and shagged his own brother's Mrs but Ryan Giggs was a brilliant winger, great to watch.
enmac Posted 30 May 2020 Author Posted 30 May 2020 I'm surprised how good Stan Matthews looks even today. And you've got to love wingers who leave defenders on their backsides, time after time.
Finnegan Posted 30 May 2020 Posted 30 May 2020 8 hours ago, spacemunky said: I always liked Aiden McGeady and Jakub Blaszczykowski. Kuba
spacemunky Posted 30 May 2020 Posted 30 May 2020 14 minutes ago, pmcla26 said: Blaszczykowski was some player for Dortmund a few years ago. A classic knock it and run down the line winger. 1 minute ago, Finnegan said: Kuba That time at Dortmund he was great to watch. Also, knowing the tragic story of his childhood and how he was still able to go on to great success made me even more of a fan.
Aus Fox Posted 11 June 2020 Posted 11 June 2020 On 30/05/2020 at 04:16, Fox92 said: A bit before my time but I understand he is regarded as one of the greatest of his generation. Mind you, you're not exactly a bad player if you've played for Juventus, Real and Barca He is, but never really gets a mention in conversations like this and I think he’s a far better player than some who do get mentioned.
tetly Posted 29 August 2020 Posted 29 August 2020 On 29/05/2020 at 08:34, stripeyfox said: I was gutted when we sold him. He was class.
Jonezy Posted 29 August 2020 Posted 29 August 2020 Just came by to thumps up all the Lloyd Dyer suggestions...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.