Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

Getting tired of the ‘it’s just a farmers league stuff’. Honestly you could put Messi under the name of Ralph, in that league and people would make the same comments. 

Yes theres the chance that certain players can look better in that league but that’s for the scouts to assess. Rodgers worked closely with edouard so will know exactly what his strengths are.  Just look back to Larson, he would have scored goals for fun in the premier league if he had moved in his prime. 

Im much more focused on the players overall performance than the goal numbers and you’d think our scouts would be also. This is where we went wrong with Musa. If you consistently watched his games, or even asked a CSKA fan, they would have told you that technically he simply wasn’t good enough.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Kane scored two goals for us. Kane played as a central striker twice for us. The rest were on the wing. Funnily enough, both goals came when playing as a striker. 

Noted, but are you saying that - Kane didn’t improve enormously and unexpectedly in his 20s? That is my point and I think it is a valid one.

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I cant imagine perez would be a starter next year to be honest when most of the players we're linked to are RWs.

RW who could possibly play across the front three or behind the striker? and there will be plenty of matches to play.

It takes a squad to compete in this league. We paid the price in the second half of the season.

22 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I don't think any of us really knows where our attack is transitioning to. Feel that life without Vardy started to take shape with the purchase of Perez. Could be wrong. To be continued. Maybe after Rodgers leaves or gets the boot will we see the final idea take shape. Like Klopp. Some plans take years not months.

Fair point. I hope you are right!

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

RW who could possibly play across the front three or behind the striker? and there will be plenty of matches to play.

It takes a squad to compete in this league. We paid the price in the second half of the season.

Perez should stay - he is versatile.

The news here is that Celtic are bidding for Shon Weissman, which may mean they are accepting Odsonne may be on the move.  Weissman would however apparently prefer to play in England or Germany.   (Still think we should take a punt on Weissman (30 goals in 31 games last season and he would cost very little).  Has Europa League experience which will help both Clubs:ph34r:.

On 03/08/2020 at 12:44, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah pretty much, £9m he cost and he’s our record transfer. As much as it pains me we get offered £35-40m for him and he’s gone.

Would you be surprised if the prices are dropped due to the pandemic? I say this with no knowledge but the pandemic has hurt EPL sides so surely the affect on SPL sides have been huge? 

9 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Would you be surprised if the prices are dropped due to the pandemic? I say this with no knowledge but the pandemic has hurt EPL sides so surely the affect on SPL sides have been huge? 

the financial implications for celtic are negligible and with potential ppv and champs league money - it's more than reasonable to assume this will be a better financial year for them than last. so I would doubt it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Opposite I would say, EPL is wholly reliant on TV cash.

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

EPL was breaking TV viewership records post lockdown. Surely Celtic with their massive stadium would be affected more by the pandemic due to no fans allowed.

Thought the EPL had to give a whole load of cash back to the broadcasters?

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

EPL was breaking TV viewership records post lockdown. Surely Celtic with their massive stadium would be affected more by the pandemic due to no fans allowed.

I thought I heard today on Talk Shite that the SPL had no sponsor at the moment? So that is also going to harm Celtic. Things must be tough north of the Border as well as in the EPL.

7 hours ago, mozartfox said:

The news here is that Celtic are bidding for Shon Weissman, which may mean they are accepting Odsonne may be on the move.  Weissman would however apparently prefer to play in England or Germany.   (Still think we should take a punt on Weissman (30 goals in 31 games last season and he would cost very little).  Has Europa League experience which will help both Clubs:ph34r:.

Oh stop coming on here with reasoned analysis. This is a forum for people to get emotional and declare that Kel is the second coming of Pele!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

..I thought the question had been answered by @Muzzy_Larsson in respect of the sale of season tickets already sold and an apparent waiting list that Celtic supporters are reluctant to relinquish.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Yeah I'd be very surprised, like I said on her previously we've sold out on season tickets so we've yet to take a hit from the pandemic financially as that is the main source of our income.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I thought I heard today on Talk Shite that the SPL had no sponsor at the moment? So that is also going to harm Celtic. Things must be tough north of the Border as well as in the EPL.

A sponsor for the league is academic tbh, we'd get peanuts from that in the past, somewhere in the six figure range. We only get £3m or something like that for winning it and that comes from the TV money.