Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

46 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He’s quality I think. But I don’t think there’s enough time to get a deal over the line. Especially dealing with Celtic. 

Tonight has massively increased the chances of getting a deal done for him. I don’t blame him for leaving after that disgrace tonight and would be amazed if he’s still here come October. Lennon made a fckin arse of that tonight, so angry.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Interesting post match comments. Potentially a deal to do, but I’m sure they would drive a hard bargain to sell - assuming Edouard would look to leave

CF6E3986-2191-4848-AF07-2461183FC77F.jpeg

Although I think he’ll be for the off particularly now as there’s no CL money for us I think lennon is getting at Ajer, Christie and Ntcham here who have all knocked back new contracts.

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Although I think he’ll be for the off particularly now as there’s no CL money for us I think lennon is getting at Ajer, Christie and Ntcham here who have all knocked back new contracts.

Probably. He doesn’t seem to be agitating for a move at the moment. I don’t know much about Christie, but he always seems to be on the scoresheet whenever I catch sight of a score line

4 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Probably. He doesn’t seem to be agitating for a move at the moment. I don’t know much about Christie, but he always seems to be on the scoresheet whenever I catch sight of a score line

He does score a lot of goals from midfield, I’d have concerns over if he is technically good enough to do it in the EPL though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He does score a lot of goals from midfield, I’d have concerns over if he is technically good enough to do it in the EPL though. 

Has he there been any speculation that he’s looking for a move. The only murmurings you tend to hear down south are regarding Edouard and Ajer

Celtic need to sell now having been dumped out the UCL.   Talk-Shite stating this loss has cost them UKP30m? 

Us not making the UCL probably cost us double that figure, which explains why we there is more movement inside a Tramps Y-Fronts than in our Recruitment Squad.

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm pretty much resigned to him leaving as of last night now, hope if/when that happens he comes here.

Will he be happy being behind Vardy in the pecking order for the next year or so? I feel like he'd rather go somewhere he can be the main man right away

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

Will he be happy being behind Vardy in the pecking order for the next year or so? I feel like he'd rather go somewhere he can be the main man right away

This may be wrong but my own opinion would be that Vardy should be used more sparingly to prolong him for an extra season or two. If that were to be the case then I think Edouard would be better playing say 10-15 league games, all the cup games and European games than going to a side where he'd be battling relegation, I don't think the latter would be the right move for him. Maybe the plan is to play 3-5-2 next season and that's a big part of the interest, who knows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This may be wrong but my own opinion would be that Vardy should be used more sparingly to prolong him for an extra season or two. If that were to be the case then I think Edouard would be better playing say 10-15 league games, all the cup games and European games than going to a side where he'd be battling relegation, I don't think the latter would be the right move for him. Maybe the plan is to play 3-5-2 next season and that's a big part of the interest, who knows.

Agree - has he played much in a 2?

Not much but when he and Dembele were both at the club and they did play in a two they looked absolutely terrifying.

I think we'll see 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1 a lot this season so another credible striking option would be more than required. Iheanacho has only really looked the part of the bench for me.

• Like 2