Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

We need to keep the faith

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Look in the mirror and say the words ‘if we finish 5th or 6th we made our aim and it’s been a great season’

do that and see if you really believe what your saying.

If we don’t get top 4 , after where we were in December , it will be a failure. No matter how we dress it up, it’s the reality unfortunately.

So if we finish 5th or 6th you honestly don't think that's a great season? It'll be the 2nd greatest premier league season in the history of the club. I've already agreed there will be disappointment considering where we were. But perspective is important. I couldn't consider it a failure no. But each to their own. 

Absolutely desperate for a win. Trying to convince myself that: 

- We are 3rd. 

- 3 points clear of 5th. 

- With the best goal difference.

- And only 6 games to go. 

We can still do this. As desperate as we’ve been recently I still believe it can’t last forever and we will manage a couple more wins and maybe a couple of draws to hopefully get us over the line. And as good as Man U and Wolves have looked I don’t believe they’ll be able to keep it up and win all of their remaining games, they will surely slip up at some point right?

Just don’t want to take it to the last game vs Man U not sure my underwear could take the strain. 

COYF :scarf:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Absolutely desperate for a win. Trying to convince myself that: 

- We are 3rd. 

- 3 points clear of 5th. 

- With the best goal difference.

- And only 6 games to go. 

All of those things are facts, so convincing yourself of them should not be difficult... :P

Sorry, I think I know what you meant, but I am trying to distract myself.

16 hours ago, srex9 said:

So if we finish 5th or 6th you honestly don't think that's a great season? It'll be the 2nd greatest premier league season in the history of the club. I've already agreed there will be disappointment considering where we were. But perspective is important. I couldn't consider it a failure no. But each to their own. 

Which would you consider a better season?

One where you win first 50% of games then lose the second 50%?

Or a win/lose/win/lose from start to finish, both end on same points.

For me the latter would be a far better season.

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Which would you consider a better season?

One where you win first 50% of games then lose the second 50%?

Or a win/lose/win/lose from start to finish, both end on same points.

For me the latter would be a far better season.

Well that's a purely hypothetical scenario as that would never really happen but I get your point. 

Both are frustrating for different reasons but I'd rather the first. Then you'd know you were at least capable of performing at a certain level. The second would just be inconsistent. 

But again, neither of those really apply to us. We're going to finish top 6, not mid table. I love the fact we're mixing it with the big boys. We are far from the finished article and blips happen. We will play well again. 

19 hours ago, srex9 said:

It would always be seen as a failure to me unfortunately.

I consider the 2000/2001 season a failure too, we were 4th in March and had an easy QF in Fa Cup. We blew it, it’s always a season I look back with such upset, this could become the same.

We blew a great chance to get to final of league cup, we also choked for the semis of the FA cup and worst of all could blow a huge lead for CL football.

It will always go down as a disappointment rather than being looked back with fondness.

Lets hope we kick back knick top 4 and it’ll be known as a crazy season where we showed heart in a time of pressure and I’d be proud of the boys.

If we make it from here I’d be truly proud , unfortunately I can’t see it but we’ll know more after tomorrow. We really MUST win and that pressure I’m scared is too much for them .

1 hour ago, srex9 said:

Well that's a purely hypothetical scenario as that would never really happen but I get your point. 

Both are frustrating for different reasons but I'd rather the first. Then you'd know you were at least capable of performing at a certain level. The second would just be inconsistent. 

But again, neither of those really apply to us. We're going to finish top 6, not mid table. I love the fact we're mixing it with the big boys. We are far from the finished article and blips happen. We will play well again. 

It will stunt our progress if we lose some of our players and it’s very likely if we drop out top 4.

It could be the start of the end if we fail , we have to finish the job!

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It will stunt our progress if we lose some of our players and it’s very likely if we drop out top 4.

It could be the start of the end if we fail , we have to finish the job!

I don't think it'll be the start of the end. We will likely lose 1 star like we do each season. Whichever way it's spun our progress as a club has been remarkable and we are moving in the right direction. We have the best owners and an incredible new training ground on the way. Stay positive.

Whilst I don't foresee a mass exodus if we don't get CL, the biggest disappointment will be the likes of Vardy not getting another crack at CL. It's his last opportunity really. 

15 minutes ago, srex9 said:

I don't think it'll be the start of the end. We will likely lose 1 star like we do each season. Whichever way it's spun our progress as a club has been remarkable and we are moving in the right direction. We have the best owners and an incredible new training ground on the way. Stay positive.

Whilst I don't foresee a mass exodus if we don't get CL, the biggest disappointment will be the likes of Vardy not getting another crack at CL. It's his last opportunity really. 

Yeah it’ll be a huge disappointment he doesn’t get another CL run or a golden boot if this form continues. Palace on Saturday is such a huge game, after West Ham have given us another chance beating Chelsea, if we fail again then to be honest with you, we don’t deserve it.

The way were playing though we have a 0 chance of beating a tough palace team If I’m being totally honest.

If we can achieve top 6 or 7 over the next few years, I'll be delighted. 

If we don't get top 5 after our position at the start of the year, I won't. 

Win tomorrow and the pressure is on Chelsea and Wolves. 

If they both win, its still another game gone for them to catch us. 

2 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

If we can achieve top 6 or 7 over the next few years, I'll be delighted. 

If we don't get top 5 after our position at the start of the year, I won't. 

Win tomorrow and the pressure is on Chelsea and Wolves. 

If they both win, its still another game gone for them to catch us. 

Totally agree. They will both win though, Chelsea and Utd. So we need to win.

5 hours ago, srex9 said:

..The problem is we haven't mixed it with the big boys!!!

All the big games we failed to turn up. We were either switching Maddison to left wing or too scared to get out of our own half.

The strange thing is I feel that Rodgers has finally got the message and we will see a positive approach to the end of the season.

If Vardy is not on the team sheet, for the Palace game, we win this.

Edited by sacreblueits442

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..The problem is we haven't mixed it with the big boys!!!

All the big games we failed to turn up. We were either switching Maddison to left wing or too scared to get out of our own half.

The strange thing is I feel that Rodgers has finally got the message and we will see a positive approach to the end of the season.

If Vardy is not on the team sheet, for the Palace game, we win this.

If Vardy is not on the team sheet we lose. If he plays 2 up top and 3 in the middle we have a chance.

If we play 1 up top we don’t win regardless of whose up top, we need our midfield to turn up for this game and run the show.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

If Vardy is not on the team sheet we lose. If he plays 2 up top and 3 in the middle we have a chance.

If we play 1 up top we don’t win regardless of whose up top, we need our midfield to turn up for this game and run the show.

..Nacho and Perez upfront!!!

Just now, The_77 said:

Let’s get the stadium rocking, people. 90 minutes in full voice, roars for every tackle, and let Zaha have it each time he dives. 

But seriously, let’s f***in’ win this one. :ranieri: