Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

We need to keep the faith

Fans slating JJ when he’s jumped from league one to the prem expecting him to be Cafu, give the kid a chance ffs. Vardy getting crucified when you should be pointing the finger at the quality or lack of service. Teams are sitting deeper so he can’t run into space! We need to play 2 up top so we can press the defence. Anyway it’s only 3 games calm ye tits, Chelsea lost ‘appy days

• Like 1

A positive slant on a negative way of thinking is Man Utd blitz their next 5 games and cement a top 4 spot before the last game of the season. Chelsea and Wolves play each other last game of the season, that could suit us.

Out of interest say if Wolves/Man Utd finish in the top 4 and win the Europa League, thus guaranteeing them a CL spot, does a CL spot move down? Can't remember, I feel like the answer is that it doesn't however I don't know who would fill the spare slot? Probably confused myself here somewhere tbh

JJ is getting  slated as he’s been pants. It doesn’t matter where he’s come from - higher or lower - it’s about how he plays for us .... and he’s been awful. Nacho  got rhe same service Vardy did, but went  and made things happen. 

Edited by TrentFox
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I have to admit I'm completely pissed off with our 2nd half of the season but when I actually think about what I'm angry about it ain't that bad. You try telling any Leicester fan 10 years ago that in 10 years time you'll be 3rd in the prem but you'll be moaning, nobody would've believed you.  Just gotta stop the rot now

People are moaning because what ever way you spin it out form since the new year has been pretty atrocious, also context is a wonderful thing.

we haven’t just ended up third in the premier league.

We have the 12th highest paid manager in world football.

A 33 year old striker on close to £150,000 P/W

Premier league winners in the squad 

Champions leagues quality players.

Gifted youngsters that months ago were being sought after by most clubs.

its a pivotal point for the club to push on and become a regular top 4/6 club.

The big teams will invest in new players managers etc and the gap will be there again, look at Chelsea investments so far.

For nearly 2 halves of different seasons we was ranked by form the 3rd best team under the new Manager.

So when that all goes to shit over the next 17 games, and all of a sudden the form turns into bottom 5 form.

Do we not need to ask questions to why this has happened?

Sure it’s great being 3rd, 11 years on from league 2, but we won’t be there for much longer if we don’t start winning.

Just as winning is habitual, so is losing.

The players clearly brought into BR tactics

for the first 30 games, if the results don’t start coming soon how many will have lost confidence in him. 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

People are moaning because what ever way you spin it out form since the new year has been pretty atrocious, also context is a wonderful thing.

we haven’t just ended up third in the premier league.

We have the 12th highest paid manager in world football.

A 33 year old striker on close to £150,000 P/W

Premier league winners in the squad 

Champions leagues quality players.

Gifted youngsters that months ago were being sought after by most clubs.

its a pivotal point for the club to push on and become a regular top 4/6 club.

The big teams will invest in new players managers etc and the gap will be there again, look at Chelsea investments so far.

For nearly 2 halves of different seasons we was ranked by form the 3rd best team under the new Manager.

So when that all goes to shit over the next 17 games, and all of a sudden the form turns into bottom 5 form.

Do we not need to ask questions to why this has happened?

Sure it’s great being 3rd, 11 years on from league 2, but we won’t be there for much longer if we don’t start winning.

Just as winning is habitual, so is losing.

The players clearly brought into BR tactics

for the first 30 games, if the results don’t start coming soon how many will have lost confidence in him. 

I didn't say people aren't entitled to moan. I've been in a foul mood after all of our recent games. Just saying that's how I'm rationalising it to make me feel better. Questions do need to be asked but let's get these last few games out of the way first and see where we are 

Also the Vardy bit about him being on £150k p/w. What do you suggest we should do/should've done about that? I'd say he's earned it wouldn't you? 

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I didn't say people aren't entitled to moan. I've been in a foul mood after all of our recent games. Just saying that's how I'm rationalising it to make me feel better. Questions do need to be asked but let's get these last few games out of the way first and see where we are 

Also the Vardy bit about him being on £150k p/w. What do you suggest we should do/should've done about that? I'd say he's earned it wouldn't you? 

I’m not saying he shouldn’t be on it, I’m saying as a club we have grown and these are clear indicators of just how far we have come.

10 years ago you wouldn’t have thought any of those things.

Shouldn’t just be content slipping out of 3rd as we was a small club 10 years ago.

4 hours ago, TrentFox said:

JJ is getting  slated as he’s been pants. It doesn’t matter where he’s come from - higher or lower - it’s about how he plays for us .... and he’s been awful. Nacho  got rhe same service Vardy did, but went  and made things happen. 

Nacho scored because Vardy set him up, Nacho should of scored a 2nd because Vardy set him up. He got his chances from his partner. I think they work well and changing the system rather than personnel is the answer.

4 hours ago, Walkers said:

A positive slant on a negative way of thinking is Man Utd blitz their next 5 games and cement a top 4 spot before the last game of the season. Chelsea and Wolves play each other last game of the season, that could suit us.

Out of interest say if Wolves/Man Utd finish in the top 4 and win the Europa League, thus guaranteeing them a CL spot, does a CL spot move down? Can't remember, I feel like the answer is that it doesn't however I don't know who would fill the spare slot? Probably confused myself here somewhere tbh

4 CL spots are given so if a Wolves/UTD finish top 4 and win Europa it still remains the same, ie. still 4 teams in it so no 5th spot given. 

The only time a 5th CL spot occurs is if the team that wins the Europa League finishes outside the top 4. 

So long story short Europa league has no relevance for us really - unless that is, UTD/Wolves are willing to sacrifice getting a CL by way of league position because they think they will win Europa League anyway (would be nice 😀)

• Like 1

I will always keep the faith and hope for the best because the club means so much to me, but I’m afraid it’s blind faith and forlorn hope at the moment.

The current evidence is overwhelmingly suggesting that we are a mediocre, one-dimensional team that knows how to keep the ball but struggles to penetrate defences, deliver accurate final balls, create chances and score goals. Too many key individuals are out of form (or, in the case of our four wingers, not good enough), confidence is low, and the manager is not showing up well under pressure.

Yes, we are still third, but if we qualify for the Champions League now, it will be as much of a surprise as failing to qualify would have been in mid-December.

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Didn't know where to put this question, but are there any players near to getting a ban due to picking up a certain amount of bookings?

Haven’t seen the list but Ndidi is on 5.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jaqo88 said:

4 CL spots are given so if a Wolves/UTD finish top 4 and win Europa it still remains the same, ie. still 4 teams in it so no 5th spot given. 

The only time a 5th CL spot occurs is if the team that wins the Europa League finishes outside the top 4. 

So long story short Europa league has no relevance for us really - unless that is, UTD/Wolves are willing to sacrifice getting a CL by way of league position because they think they will win Europa League anyway (would be nice 😀)

The fact that the PL comes first and then a 2 week break before EL resumes means that Man U and Wolves can go all out for Top 4 and have a fallback of winning EL to get in CL. So it does in fact have zero relevance to us.

• Like 1

For all those saying we shouldn't be complaining...well...your expectations shift.

If you come from a poor family but work your way up to owning a 5 bed detached house, getting made redundant and downsizing to a 3 bed semi isn't exactly something to celebrate. 

If we'd have been patchy all season and bounced around between 12th and 8th but gave it a go - scoring but conceding, I think we'd all say fair enough. But to reach 3rd, stay there for months, then drop down to 7th, is a pretty spectacular implosion. I know we're not quite there yet and we are still in the top 4 - a win against Palace will do us a world of good - but fans have every reason to be very, very concerned. Especially as the implications for the club if we drop out of top 4 whilst we know at least 4 of our players have been linked elsewhere.

23 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Why don’t they earn our faith, the whole team has played shit since jan barring the odd result.

The same core of players are about to get  another manager sacked, time to clear out shit players not another manager 

...not too sure about the "core"!!!

If you take a look at the first team, only Schemeichel, Vardy, Albrighton and Gray  left from the title winning team.

Can't see Gray or Albrighton instigating a coup.

This only leaves Vardy or Kasper as potentially the likely one.

Can't see it being Wes so are we sure there is a attempt to sabotage the manager?

Dispite our dreadful restart, I really think that a win v Palace could really change our mentality. 

We'd be 6 ahead of wolves and 4 of Chelsea before they play on Saturday. 

Both these sides have to go to Sheffield Utd before we play them(although if Sheffield get the points, they'll have much to play for at the KP) 

They also have to play each other as we all know, at the end and Chelsea travel to Anfield, who after tonight's spanking, won't want to end the season badly. 

There is still hope, look after ourselves 1st and we could be alright. 

Utd will piss 3rd though 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not too sure about the "core"!!!

If you take a look at the first team, only Schemeichel, Vardy, Albrighton and Gray  left from the title winning team.

Can't see Gray or Albrighton instigating a coup.

This only leaves Vardy or Kasper as potentially the likely one.

Can't see it being Wes so are we sure there is a attempt to sabotage the manager?

Not talking about sabotage, I’m talking about the same players who let down manager after manager, whatever the reason maybe, not good enough, not good enough to perform for a season, poor attitude, I don’t know what but all I know is they are not consistent enough to take the club forward.

The owners have pumped enough money, time and energy, to achieve their own target of having a team challenging for Europe every year, but the same core of players only play for half a season every year.

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I suppose the thinking is, there should be no social mobility in football and we should be forever happy with 17th place.

The thing is we’re not 17th we’re 3rd FFS! With 6 games to go, we are third! in the Premier League. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The thing is we’re not 17th we’re 3rd FFS! With 6 games to go, we are third! in the Premier League. 

I know i keep thinking the same thing. I see it as a positive that we've set these high standards for ourselves. It's obviously disappointing that we've let such a lead slip since December, but we wouldn't be where we are if we weren't a capable squad. I do feel our form is coming. Our aim was top 6 and it looks like we'll achieve that. If we surpass it, that's a massive bonus.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Not talking about sabotage, I’m talking about the same players who let down manager after manager, whatever the reason maybe, not good enough, not good enough to perform for a season, poor attitude, I don’t know what but all I know is they are not consistent enough to take the club forward.

The owners have pumped enough money, time and energy, to achieve their own target of having a team challenging for Europe every year, but the same core of players only play for half a season every year.

...if the players are attempting to underperform, subverting the ambitions of the club, sure seems like sabotage to me!!!

33 minutes ago, srex9 said:

I know i keep thinking the same thing. I see it as a positive that we've set these high standards for ourselves. It's obviously disappointing that we've let such a lead slip since December, but we wouldn't be where we are if we weren't a capable squad. I do feel our form is coming. Our aim was top 6 and it looks like we'll achieve that. If we surpass it, that's a massive bonus.

Look in the mirror and say the words ‘if we finish 5th or 6th we made our aim and it’s been a great season’

do that and see if you really believe what your saying.

If we don’t get top 4 , after where we were in December , it will be a failure. No matter how we dress it up, it’s the reality unfortunately.

On 02/07/2020 at 00:12, TrentFox said:

I reckon hes played ok..you just have that typical moaning cynical foxestalk-virus...

Me ..I am an happy-clapper,see no point in being a miserable nego...:ill: