Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

We need to keep the faith

OP you are bang on. I've been terribly guilty of moaning like heck over the past however long at our turgid form. I was absolutely livid watching us v Brighton and Everton in particular. But watching the Chelsea game v West Ham and reading Brendan's post match interview has given me renewed hope. Blind optimism likely.  There's no lack of effort from our lads and things will turn our way eventually. Just got to stick with this young squad and hope they can drag us over the line. Huge game Saturday now, top 4 race is wide open, main thing is we're in that race.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

OP you are bang on. I've been terribly guilty of moaning like heck over the past however long at our turgid form. I was absolutely livid watching us v Brighton and Everton in particular. But watching the Chelsea game v West Ham and reading Brendan's post match interview has given me renewed hope. Blind optimism likely.  There's no lack of effort from our lads and things will turn our way eventually. Just got to stick with this young squad and hope they can drag us over the line. Huge game Saturday now, top 4 race is wide open, main thing is we're in that race.

Where can i read this? Any chance you can link it? 

6 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Where can i read this? Any chance you can link it? 

Sorry to make you click on their website but it was just a few quotes in the mercury this evening. I really liked what he said and I saw a bit more aggression about him today. A bit. I know modern day management isn't about giving players the hairdryer treatment but when our form is as bad as it has been I expect more concerted dynamism and aggression from both the players and manager. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-leicester-city-everton-4283805

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Sorry to make you click on their website but it was just a few quotes in the mercury this evening. I really liked what he said and I saw a bit more aggression about him today. A bit. I know modern day management isn't about giving players the hairdryer treatment but when our form is as bad as it has been I expect more concerted dynamism and aggression from both the players and manager. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-leicester-city-everton-4283805

Agreed i liked what he said there and it basically mirrors what so many posters on here have been saying since the restart. 

Statistically wins against Palace, Sheff U and Bournemouth, plus a point at either Arsenal or Spurs would give us 65 points, meaning we'd go into the final day still in with a chance even if Man U and Wolves both win 5 in a row (67) points (law of averages says that is very unlikely). And as for Chelsea, given their result against West Ham today, who knows what might happen to them in their remaining games. I know that on current form gaining 10 points looks well beyond us, however, if Rodgers has the guts to change tactics and get us further up the pitch giving our attacking players the opportunity to affect the game positively before we are forced to come out and try to save the game second half after going behind, we know we have the players with the ability to do it. I keep trying to tell myself that it's the hope that kills you but we 'can' still do this! The remaining 6 games still represent the best opportunity we are ever going to have of making the CL again.

• Like 2