Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

End of Season Permutations

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s not UEFA’s decision. UEFA nearly lost their case on AC Milan with CAS. They deemed their punishment of a ban excessive and Milan in the end agreed a year ban rather than financial punishments.

I was confident then I read the details of that case. I’m not so sure now 

I know it not UEFA decision, to explain my statement better! I don't think UEFA would have made the decision to ban Man City lightly after the issues they had with the Milan and PSG cases.

I can't see how UEFA would go with this action without a very good case, they would have know that Man City would appeal the ban.

I think the best Man City can hope for is a 1 year ban. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

The thing that concerns me about this is that a big part of City's argument is UEFA's handling of all of this. Could anyone say they would be surprised if UEFA had bodged bits of this? 

I read a good article about this a while back (I think when the sentence was released) and it painted a pretty dark picture about the power City (UAE) have. They have so much financial power, that they can fight this as much as physically possible and they can focus on the technicalities and issues of process, rather than focus on what the real issue is. As with most legal issues, it doesn't matter if an entity or a person is guilty of something if the right processes aren't properly followed by the relevant authority.

I worry that any faults in the process UEFA have undertaken will reflect badly on them and that this will set a trend for teams buying their freedom in the future.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Yanited are going to finish 3rd.. it's between us and Chelsea for that 4th place.. Chelsea have it in their own hands now and I don't think they'll let it slip.

5th it is!

It's in OUR own hands as well, we're in 4th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Reading the first post does this mean we are guaranteed some form of European football if we finish top 6? 

Yes. If Arsenal don't win the FA Cup then top 7 and if Man City are banned, top 8.

So European football is virtually certain next season, it's just a matter of figuring out which competition.

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We were 14pts clear of fifth after the 4-1 win at Villa.

Since then we've got 21 points from 18 games.

Averaged over a season that would be 44pts.

No PL team has ever been relegated in a 38 game season with that many points.

Two sides went down on 42 and two more with 40.

The average points for a third bottom side going down (in a 20 team division) is 35.6

So while we've been poor compared to the first 16 matches and that's not a reason to celebrate, it's not actually relegation form.

Last 10 years ending on 44 points we'd have finished:

15th (3 times)

14th (once)

13th (twice)

12th (twice)

11th (once)

10th (once)

Do not deny his right to find something to slag off and get angry about, Geoff.

• Haha 1

Its in our own hands to finish at least 4th, if not 3rd, everyone at the club should have this mentality!

This is the business end of the season, now we find out the character of the squad.. we will finish where we deserve.

For me its Champions League or nothing, Europa is absolutely pointless, and an unworthy distraction from the league.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Do you really think we'll finish above Man U?

Yes..!!   

I  believe,that City will Beat Bournemouth,& Sheff.utd.....I believe they will get results against both Spurs & Manutd...

I support my team until the end...!!I

i'll be relaxed and Let you Silly buggers,   play your own miserable games. & we Welcome Forest ,Derby,wolves A.Villa fans into our mist,

So they can Enjoy a midlands team, have a run  for PL Top 4....

If we Fall off...we at least tried .   Agnostics,atheists,nihilist, blasphemers,just wont be able to Enjoy & celebrate Brendan moses Rodgers,parting the seas ,Leaving

The unfaithfull to be washed up on the shores of despair....

4 games left,its my team taking the spoils.....if they slip,I will still stand proud, Celebrating our 2nd highest achievement in our history...!!!

Support....some cant take the support,   they shit it when it matters..!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Everyone seems to forget the mantra, take each game as it come! At the ends of the season the points total and league finish will take care of it's self.

Everyone going on about Man U and Chelsea winning every game, where saying the same about Wolves two games ago.

The reason bookies make so much money is the unpredictability of sport!

Strap yourself's in and enjoy the ride, life is about the journey, not the destination. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Do you really think we'll finish above Man U?

The fact is, it's in our hands, we're currently above United, and we still have them left to play. I think we can and will - I'd hate to be as miserable and pessimistic as you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

The point is that UEFA have banned Man City.

As far as they're concerned, Man City have a 2 yar ban from European competitions.

Man City have submitted an appeal to the CAS and we'll be hearing the result of that appeal next Monday.

Still missed. 

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The average points for a third bottom side going down (in a 20 team division) is 35.6

So while we've been poor compared to the first 16 matches and that's not a reason to celebrate, it's not actually relegation form.

15th (3 times)

14th (once)

13th (twice)

12th (twice)

11th (once)

10th (once)

Maybe i should of found more time out of my day to get all the fact and figure’s, before quoting incorrect facts, Fantastic work there for correcting me, give yourself a gold 🌟,  what is a fact, our form (if not relegation) has been dreadful, and if we miss out after such a good start, thats horrific  

5 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

I think man city will get out of it. All the noises man city are making are really confident about this.

They're just fronting it out, I would put no value on their apparent confidence, what else are they supposed to do.

I think the likely scenario is the ban will be upheld. UEFA looked at the evidence and concluded with a two year ban. As far as I'm aware this is just an appeal to the CAS and no new evidence. 

Surely if a different body looks at the same evidence the likely scenario is they will come up with a similar conclusion. For them to overturn the original decision is a bit of a leap with no new evidence IMO. I'm far from 100% confident but my money would be on the UEFA decision being upheld.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Maybe i should of found more time out of my day to get all the fact and figure’s, before quoting incorrect facts, Fantastic work there for correcting me, give yourself a gold 🌟,  what is a fact, our form (if not relegation) has been dreadful, and if we miss out after such a good start, thats horrific  

Horrific is being put in to administration, being relegated to League 1.

However we end up, this season has been far from horrific! Miss opportunity yes, horrific no.......

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

For me its Champions League or nothing, Europa is absolutely pointless, and an unworthy distraction from the league.

WTF?! Have we really become an entitled set of fans !?!?! :dunno:

2 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Thank you for my gold star, my life is now worth something lol

I did say our form has been poor since that Villa game.

It would be a huge shame, given where we were, to miss out on CL.

Not sure I'd call it "horrific" though.

A "big disappointment" yes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

15th (3 times)

14th (once)

13th (twice)

12th (twice)

11th (once)

10th (once)

It's 21 points from 17 league games so even better.

It still however isn't anywhere near the form of a team with top 4 aspirations and that's why we have to accept we are a work in progress with a squad with very few options when things went wrong and injuries started occurring to our key players. We are a delicate team that we seem to need our strongest XI and be full of confidence to compete and even then our record against the top sides in the division is still very mediocre.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lestajigs said:

The point is, we should not of been relying on man city to get banned for us to get champions league football, are relegation form is to blame, ffs how many points clear of 5th were we in December 😖😖😖😖

Well rightly or wrongly this is where we find ourselves and statistically we're the side most likely to finish 5th.  

We're the club who has most to gain if Man city are banned.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Horrific is being put in to administration, being relegated to League 1.

However we end up, this season has been far from horrific! Miss opportunity yes, horrific no.......

Lets just say its shit then!!! Maybe the word horrific is used Like an horrific injury, having an arm chopped of with a chainsaw, horrific car crash that kills 3 people, yes your right horrific shouldn’t be used in a game of sport! 

Our form from January, with a couple of exceptions, has been poor granted, but we are in this position because the teams around us have also had poor/indifferent runs at some point in the season, so it all balances out in the end. Even Man city have been inconsistent, look at their results since the restart. They seem to either tank teams 4/5 -0 or lose.

Of course the media will have it that they are all in transition, been unlucky with injury etc, but no more so than us. I accept that if we want to genuinely compete at these dizzying heights long term, then yes we have to become more consistent over the full season, then the rest will have to sort their own houses out.

The fact that ourselves, Wolves and Sheff utd have made a good fist of this year shows that the league is becoming more competitive (ok so two teams are still miles ahead of the rest), so it is more likely that more teams will take points from each other making for a much more interesting league.

1 hour ago, Kilworthfox said:

Its in our own hands to finish at least 4th, if not 3rd, everyone at the club should have this mentality!

This is the business end of the season, now we find out the character of the squad.. we will finish where we deserve.

That is absolutely ridiculous. 

• Like 1