Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

A list of positives

10 hours ago, don_danbury said:

must feel like crap scoring that many and missing out on champions league. same with ricardo, should be playing CL

If not for his injury, I would have said he would be playing CL in any case.

Meanwhile, without CL football, we’ll end up with less Ricardos and more Bennetts.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

We are Leicester City.  For most of our history we have been a bang average team.  At this point in time, we are riding high and when you look at our progress over the last decade, we are a club on the up.  Form comes and goes and yes we are in a bad patch now but it WILL improve.

And despite it being an unnecessarily nervous end to the season, if you had offered me a situation where, with just THREE games to play, Champions League qualification would be entirely in our own hands, I would have snapped your hand off.

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

We are Leicester City.  For most of our history we have been a bang average team.  At this point in time, we are riding high and when you look at our progress over the last decade, we are a club on the up.  Form comes and goes and yes we are in a bad patch now but it WILL improve.

And despite it being an unnecessarily nervous end to the season, if you had offered me a situation where, with just THREE games to play, Champions League qualification would be entirely in our own hands, I would have snapped your hand off.

It isn't anymore 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nnfox said:

May have been a great hypothetical offer before the season, but simply not good enough when in reality we comfortably in CL’s places for most of the season. 

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes it is, we play Man Utd

It still would not be “entirely” in our hands. 

Frankly, our biggest ‘win’ over these last few games may well come from CAS! 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

We are in much better position than we were 20 years ago and for the first time ever in the top flight I go in to a new season not expecting relegation. Just need to manage my expectations I guess!

I’m guessing CL is probably out of reach but we will get a European tour I dares say although Covid will probably make it TV only knowing our luck!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

May have been a great hypothetical offer before the season, but simply not good enough when in reality we comfortably in CL’s places for most of the season. 

But that's the thing about form.  We had some exceptional results before Xmas and some bad ones afterwards.  Before xmas we were legitimately challenging right at the very top of the league, doing a pretty good job of keeping up with Man City and Liverpool.  The reality was that we were never going to maintain that level.  It has been a disappointing downturn in form, there's no doubt.

Look at Utd.  They started the first half of the season pretty badly and have turned it around in the second half.  They were probably a bit below par to start with and are now playing above themselves, on average though, over the course of the season their performances have put them in the mix for a Champions League spot.  Just like us.

It's been a season of two halves.  If we switched our form around and we were finishing strongly after a terrible start we could very well have found ourselves in exactly the same situation with three games from the end with Champion League qualification in our own hands, but the mood around here would be massively different.

2 draws out of the last 3 will get us 5th place even if all other teams around us win their remaining games  (yes hard to see but hey let’s be positive)

There is a few caveats tho, one of the draws has to be with Sheff Utd, Chelsea must Beat Wolves last game of season or we finish 6th Which still gets you group stages of Europa league

(I know what you are all thinking but look I’m trying to be positive here) 

Edited by jammie82uk