Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

A list of positives

38 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Tonight may have been unbearably shit but it could be our Deeney Day for this group of players.

I want them stewing over this all day tomorrow. In fact I almost want United to win just to really piss them off even more. I then want them to get back in training on Tuesday like they are ready to die for the shirt, and blow Sheffield United to bits.

If this isn't the way Rodgers has them, then he goes at the end of the season. There has to be a response.

Hear hear. Always loved you Schlupperman :thumbup:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Vardy is far too good for the rest of this dross. That's the main positive.

He HAS to win Player of the Year. Would be absolute robbery yet again if he didnt win it.

If you guys vote some trendy novelty over him again just because we're not as used to them like you did with Maguire then there's no hope.

Jonny Evans all day long

49 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Tonight may have been unbearably shit but it could be our Deeney Day for this group of players.

I want them stewing over this all day tomorrow. In fact I almost want United to win just to really piss them off even more. I then want them to get back in training on Tuesday like they are ready to die for the shirt, and blow Sheffield United to bits.

If this isn't the way Rodgers has them, then he goes at the end of the season. There has to be a response.

No Soyuncu is a real problem though, dread to think what we'll ship in these final 3 games now.

8 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

No novelty at all! He’ll win POTS easily. The only consistent player throughout the season.

It's much easier to be a solid centre back and defenders are always more consistent than strikers by the nature of their role. Vardy is freakishly consistent for you're average striker moreso than Evan's is for your average centre back.

we'll see plenty of players have a season like Evans in the future at centre back. But we'll never see another player have another season like Vardy again.

People have become too familiar with just how good Vardy is. It's incredibly rare for a player to score 1 in every 2 games let alone 23 in 32. Let alone for a club like ours with the service he's had.

Vardy has been the best striker in the country this season. Evans has been nowhere near as good as van Dijk. People will talk about Vardy's performances this season for decades to come, they won't talk about Jonny Evans' performances.

If the hipsters vote Evans ahead of Vardy it will be travesty tbh.

Edited by Sampson

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

No Soyuncu is a real problem though, dread to think what we'll ship in these final 3 games now.

McBurnie, McGoldrick and then Kane are not going to trouble a back three of Morgan, Evans and Bennett for pace, and those three can handle themselves in the air. It will have to be a more direct team without ball playing defenders but it's not the worst defensive situation.

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

McBurnie, McGoldrick and then Kane are not going to trouble a back three of Morgan, Evans and Bennett for pace, and those three can handle themselves in the air. It will have to be a more direct team without ball playing defenders but it's not the worst defensive situation.

Give up.

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

It's much easier to be a solid centre back and defenders are always more consistent than strikers by the nature of their role. Vardy is freakishly consistent for you're average striker moreso than Evan's is for your average centre back.

we'll see plenty of players have a season like Evans in the future at centre back. But we'll never see another player have another season like Vardy again.

People have become too familiar with just how good Vardy is. It's incredibly rare for a player to score 1 in every 2 games let alone 23 in 32. Let alone for a club like ours with the service he's had.

Vardy has been the best striker in the country this season. Evans has been nowhere near as good as van Dijk. People will talk about Vardy's performances this season for decades to come, they won't talk about Jonny Evans' performances.

If the hipsters vote Evans ahead of Vardy it will be travesty tbh.

Darn those hipsters tho’, right?

Vardy has scored 6 in his last 6 1/4 games for a team who quite frankly have been embarrassing for 90% of that time with barely any service and he’s still had a decent amount of the forum wanting him to be dropped!! 😂. Absolutely unbelievable.

He is a gift of a player, he is sensational. I have repeated over and over again how good he is but he deserves more credit.
3 games without a goal and he’s finished.  4 goals in 3 games including, 2 away performances of real top class on how to play the role of a top striker in an away game, has shut all the crap up again just how good he is.

As above I agree, he never gets the best player award because everyone just kinda thinks it’s just another normal Vardy season , you know just 23 goals and a potential golden boot in a lacklustre team...

When he retires we will have a huge void thats impossible to fill. I think he is respected and highly rated in general, but I don’t quite think some appreciate how good he is.

He is right at the top bracket of any striker in world football.

Make no mistake if it wasn’t for his background and age he would be playing at the very highest level. We won’t see a striker that standard for a very very very long time, if ever in our lifetimes. Legend and he deserves CL football more than anyone for what he’s done for this club.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Vardy has scored 6 in his last 6 1/4 games for a team who quite frankly have been embarrassing for 90% of that time with barely any service and he’s still had a decent amount of the forum wanting him to be dropped!! 😂. Absolutely unbelievable.

He is a gift of a player, he is sensational. I have repeated over and over again how good he is but he deserves more credit.
3 games without a goal and he’s finished.  4 goals in 3 games including, 2 away performances of real top class on how to play the role of a top striker in an away game, has shut all the crap up again just how good he is.

As above I agree, he never gets the best player award because everyone just kinda thinks it’s just another normal Vardy season , you know just 23 goals and a potential golden boot in a lacklustre team...

When he retires we will have a huge void thats impossible to fill. I think he is respected and highly rated in general, but I don’t quite think some appreciate how good he is.

He is right at the top bracket of any striker in world football.

Make no mistake if it wasn’t for his background and age he would be playing at the very highest level. We won’t see a striker that standard for a very very very long time, if ever in our lifetimes. Legend and he deserves CL football more than anyone for what he’s done for this club.

Agree 100%. He is a legend not just in terms of what he does on the pitch, but also in terms of his clear outward determination and focus which has a positive influence on teammates. He is a winner and you can tell he does not like losing. We need more like him in terms of attitude.

And I am, like you, shocked that some fans do not see all that and questions his ability even this season when he is leading the goal scoring charts in a team that has been in relegation form since December 2019 and gets almost no service half of the time.

Leicester City has made the end of the season a hell of a lot more exciting!

There is now only 8 points between 3rd and 8th. And 6 points between 16th and 19th.

This means going into week 36, eleven teams have something BIG to play for!