Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

Amadou Diawara

Leicester City chief Brendan Rodgers is keeping tabs on Roma midfielder Amadou Diawara according to reports.

The Guinea international is rated at £27m and is also attracting interest from Premier League rivals Tottenham and Newcastle United, according to Corriere dello Sport, with Roma open to moving him on this summer for a significant profit.

A defensive midfielder by trade, Diawara joined the Italian giants in an £18m switch from Serie A rivals Napoli last summer, but has struggled with a meniscus injury during his first season with the Giallorossi.

During his inaugural season in the Italian capital, the 22-year-old has clocked up 25 appearances with his latest coming in Wednesday night’s 2-1 victory over Verona as he works his way back to fitness following that injury lay-off.

Depending on where the Foxes finish the Premier League season could have a big impact on whether or not they’re able to keep star midfielder Wifred Ndidi and any potential interest in Diawara could hinge on his future amid Chelsea interest and Rodgers' men securing Champions League football.

The Foxes can take a big step towards that goal by seeing off in-form Sheffield United at the King Power Stadium on Thursday night.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-news-tottenham-4332117

With this and the WC rumours, it looks like Hamza’s days are numbered. A real shame as I think he’s got so much natural ability. If we didn’t have ndidi and we had time to be patient with him in this role, I genuinely think he could be up there with the best one day.  

I won’t be surprised if he’s one of the best in his position when he settles down at a club.  

Consistantly playing him in the number 8 role will ruin his reputation as a player though. 

Another ball playing defensive mid, with the rumours about Carvalho also it seems like we are definitely in the market for one

If Mendy does leave we do have the gap in the squad for a backup to Wilf and Choudhury is definitely more of a box to box player

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

With this and the WC rumours, it looks like Hamza’s days are numbered. A real shame as I think he’s got so much natural ability. If we didn’t have ndidi and we had time to be patient with him in this role, I genuinely think he could be up there with the best one day.  

I won’t be surprised if he’s one of the best in his position when he settles down at a club.  

Consistantly playing him in the number 8 role will ruin his reputation as a player though. 

Really? He’s never really been that good, he’s had a few games where he’s looked good in a defensive 3 but apart from that he doesn’t do much at all

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Makes you wonder if they're expecting Wilf to leave (assuming there's any truth in this). 

I'd hope they'd be doing some good data science if they wanted to replace Wilf. This guy gets nowhere near his defensive numbers.

Seems way more comfortable on the ball though.

I follow Napoli quite a bit and I was quite surprised when they sold him but they basically used him as a makeweight in a deal to sign Manolas from Roma

Played more under Sarri but when he left it seems like Ancelotti wasn't that big of a fan of his and he didn't really fit how he wanted Napoli to play (442)

Would be very happy if we got him, still young at only 22 (23 tomorrow), and definitely a good player in him to develop

16 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Really? He’s never really been that good, he’s had a few games where he’s looked good in a defensive 3 but apart from that he doesn’t do much at all

He’s got a huge engine and seems to have the nack at winning the ball back.

his energy levels match Kantes 

however, his decision making has been poor but that’s not to say it will always be. 

Give him 10 games in a row and you’d see drastic improvement. 

Most of his game time for us has been out of position, we have to remember this 

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t see hamza as a holder, he’s a box to box, press high type similar to savage was for us! 

• Like 2

We must be looking to move fringe players on in midfield surely with Amartey arguably DM, Silva, James, Praet, Choudry, Mendy and Dewsbury Hall who are all behind Ndidi and Tielmans by a mile. It's gonna a long window, buckle up 

Wilf will only go for £100mil +. He's right up there with the best and is not at his peak yet. He's tied down to a long term deal, has European football next year and loves developing at Leicester. He will leave for a big European club one day, but I don't see it next year.

23 hours ago, Beechey said:

I'd hope they'd be doing some good data science if they wanted to replace Wilf. This guy gets nowhere near his defensive numbers.

Seems way more comfortable on the ball though.

...grab hold of Hamza, sit him down and let him see this!!!

Tell him from now on, does not matter where he goes or who he plays for, this is how he should play.

His composure is amazing, awareness, skill, strength and the cog that makes the team work.

Forget all about flying tackles and all the aggressive stuff, this is how Hamza plays in the reserve, he has become pigeonhole and he seems to feel he needs to live up to his action man image, but this is how, if he is strong enough to take charge of his career, he should play.

Diawara just needs to punch the crossfield balls and take the height off as the receiver has to chest trap, to feet before moving the play on, instead of ball to feet, which speeds up the play.

Diawara or Diallo is a choice that is not easy, one is always moving forward controlling the tempo and the other's composure exudes security.

If we should lose Wilf then we could have both starting with Tielemanns pushed forward.

Edited by sacreblueits442