Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Mason Mount is a victim of being seen as a teacher's pet.

He is a very good player.

I don't disagree that he's a good player, but he had a front line advertising campaign when he'd hardly played.

He was in the England side ahead of Grealish and Maddison when he was only occasionally turning it on for his club.

And the media do fap excessively over him.

The prospect of Glenn Hoddle salivating over him this Summer is actually depressing.

The VAR thing is a funny thing.

I like the idea and when it works and changes an obvious wrong decision its great and we do not really think about it. Hasn't it saved us conceding 2 pens lately?

But then you have the armpit offsides and the super slow motion of one angle of minor contact in the box resulting in pens, which does not feel in the spirit of the game at all.

It can definitely be improved.

Just now, Jonezy said:

The VAR thing is a funny thing.

I like the idea and when it works and changes an obvious wrong decision its great and we do not really think about it. Hasn't it saved us conceding 2 pens lately?

But then you have the armpit offsides and the super slow motion of one angle of minor contact in the box resulting in pens, which does not feel in the spirit of the game at all.

It can definitely be improved.

Get rid of the gimps with their primary school trolley teles and Microsoft Paint lines, I say. When the fans are back hopefully these refs will be pelted with non stop abuse. No mercy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The offside var is nothing to do with obvious - it’s apparently factual ....

You’re either on or you’re off 

I still maintain that my six inch buffer area would solve all this crap ...... the argument that you would still have to get the lines out to see if you’re beyind the buffer is a nonsense because if you’re beyond the buffer then it’s pretty certain that you’re offside .....at the moment the judgment of when the ball is played and the screen is frozen plus how accurate the line drawn from the sleeve etc means that the apparent factual nature of the law is anything but .....

The lines would still have to come out exactly the same as they do now, but in your proposed idea, it would be whenever someone looks 6 inches offside, instead of 0 inches like now. Changes nothing.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s like a Luddite symposium in here lol

Technology is fine and goal line tech is superb.

VAR in England is equivalent of having blind people manually operating traffic lights.

How rubbish is it that you cant celebrate a goal these days?

Just now, STUHILL said:

who the fook knows! It changes game by game. Zero consistency 

It’s cos it’s was Kante and he is lovely little fella I guess :dunno:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Technology is fine and goal line tech is superb.

VAR in England is equivalent of having blind people manually operating traffic lights.

How rubbish is it that you cant celebrate a goal these days?

For sure, the tech is not the issue though...

• Like 1

Just now, kyleolly said:

Thought it was very similar to the one given against n’didi on Saturday 

Nah Ndidi was much further away.

Not that that should make a difference. Kante's 'natural silhouette' is not having his hands up near his head. I can't work out how Liverpool don't have a penalty from that.