Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Some bookies are literally offering ‘VAR insurance’ to try to encourage punters who have become so sick of VAR ruining their bets.

If VAR has reduced some people's betting on football, then it has had one positive effect after all.

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

the beautiful game ladies and gentleman 

The ruined game. Too many people with absolutely no feel for the game have the say nowadays. You're seeing it for real now.

What a shame it is. Fingers crossed they see sense.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This is the important sentence:

32.5% goals allowed vs 67.5% disallowed.
Due to VAR, 100% more goals disallowed than allowed

For a sport where spectators pay to see good football and goals being scored, there is a fundamental paradox here from the start. VAR is overturning the very thing that fans want to see (and in my case as a bloke who likes the occasional flutter, wants to see)

Can’t be a good thing..

Perhaps the most interesting point of all is right at the end of the article. Some bookies are literally offering ‘VAR insurance’ to try to encourage punters who have become so sick of VAR ruining their bets.

Cant be more clear really can it?

Or @HighPeakFoxis this just a ‘Col’ thing to say?

I notice you've cropped the 'important sentence' so it looks better. Strange that. 

I've used bold myself to highlight the missing bit.

Taking just the decisions to allow or disallow a goal there was a bias of 32.5% goals allowed vs 67.5% disallowed

So, these numbers don't include disallowed goals subsequently given, penalties awarded or penalty retakes

Edited by turtmcfly

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

It's killing the game disallowing perfectly good goals. Sick of it.

I guess you need to count how many ‘sleeve’ handball goals have been allowed (eg Burnley’s at our place) and how many ‘sleeve’ offside (as opposed to the armpit from last season) have been disallowed ......a story of unintended consequences.....

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

It's killing the game disallowing perfectly good goals. Sick of it.

What was 'perfectly good' about that when he's proved to be offside?

If we had no VAR, and those replays come out with all the lines on it after the game, we'd all be saying how lucky Chelsea are that they get to be in a position to gain on us should they hold out for the 1-0 :whistle: :dunno:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Even more confused :unsure:

It’s the “T-Shirt sleeve” rule, basically because Werner pointed where he wanted the ball and Robertson kept his arm by his side, that was why Werner was offside 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If we had no VAR, and those replays come out with all the lines on it after the game, we'd all be saying how lucky Chelsea are that they get to be in a position to gain on us should they hold out for the 1-0 :whistle: :dunno:

Some will moan of course, but most would say he was onside based on the lines, and if its really close benefit should be to the attacker like it's always supposed to be. 

2 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I notice you've cropped the 'important sentence' so it looks better. Strange that. 

I've used bold myself to highlight the missing bit.

Taking just the decisions to allow or disallow a goal 32.5% goals allowed vs 67.5% disallowed

So, it these numbers don't include disallowed goals subsequently given, penalties awarded and penalty retakes

Final sentence makes no sense mate. By the way, I’m trying to discuss this with you here so no need for the sarcasm.

Are you saying then that VAR hasn’t impacted on numbers of goals scored, but disallowed? Aren’t the figures clear?

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The three “goals” disallowed this evening, not a single person would have complained about anyone of them in a non-VAR world.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It’s the “T-Shirt sleeve” rule, basically because Werner pointed where he wanted the ball and Robertson kept his arm by his side, that was why Werner was offside 

Thanks for explaining. But wtf has football came to. 

• Like 1