Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Thomas Tuchel should call himself Tommy Tickle.  It sounds like an old school end of the pier comedian.

Anyway enough of my ramblings, I'd like a dour nil nil tonight, please...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I don’t think that’s necessarily true, the way it’s implemented all over the world is shocking and takes away the enjoyment of the game.

I think from what I understand different leagues have implemented it differently but very few (if any) as intended. The best example of VAR was in the World Cup where it was used purely as intended. Also it doesn’t help with the level of official controlling it being pretty poor. I feel it’s miss used more than anything. 

Edited by peach0000

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If you're at the game it's shit. There's just zero debate about it.

The alternative is Chelsea get their pen and score to make it 1-1. We drop 2 points or possibly all 3. Its an injustice and there's a meltdown on here about refs.

I accept what you're saying though that for fans inside the stadium it's terrible.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Mate, listen please... 👍

It rules out a lot more than it gives. Therefore it is a problem for someone who bets on goals being scored

Yes. I understand your claim. I also understand the result on your betting if it was true. 

Perhaps you could just answer the question I've asked you twice already; do you have any proof that it's true? Where is that fact 'coming from'?

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

We've had a bonus with Liverpool falling apart and Chelsea sticking with Lampard for so long.

Those two are the most likely to overtake us, I reckon. Still think we are doing really well.

10 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Agree . Even top 6 could be under threat if that happens to be honest.

Everton concern me all of a sudden. Three straight wins a bit under the radar and they're now only 4 off us with a game in hand.

I think from the run of Burnley, Brighton and Sheffield United, we'd have wanted 9 points, but I think with the injuries you can forgive 7.

I also think that run of games in April where we play 4 teams in the bottom 7/8 in a row we need basically 12 points.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Yes. I understand your claim. I also understand the result on your betting if it was true. 

Perhaps you could just answer the question I've asked you twice already; do you have any proof that it's true? Where is that fact 'coming from'?

I’ve posted a link on my previous post 

👍
And why on earth would I have lied on the bet?

Edited by Col city fan

If I want to be positive, the more teams from 4th down to 8th that have a chance the more likely they are to take points off each other. We only play West Ham before the final 3 games where we play the others so hopefully we'd have it sorted by then lol

Fact is it's in our hands, if we don't get top 4 its down to us not being good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Everton concern me all of a sudden. Three straight wins a bit under the radar and they're now only 4 off us with a game in hand.

I think from the run of Burnley, Brighton and Sheffield United, we'd have wanted 9 points, but I think with the injuries you can forgive 7.

I also think that run of games in April where we play 4 teams in the bottom 7/8 in a row we need basically 12 points.

Everton's next three games are Chelsea Burnley and Man City.

Not easy.

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Who do we even want to win here? A draw obviously but if anyone has to win I prefer Liverpool.

On the one hand that’s my preferred result on the other hand I do enjoy a Kloppy meltdown after a defeat 

2 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Arschloch a personal favourite 

I can't believe I missed the chance to say

"Lots o' Fotze"  :ph34r:

Edit, do not do a search of that last word.

Edited by Vacamion

13 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Have you check what happens if you add all the values in the 'net goals' column?

This is the important sentence:

32.5% goals allowed vs 67.5% disallowed.
Due to VAR, 100% more goals disallowed than allowed

For a sport where spectators pay to see good football and goals being scored, there is a fundamental paradox here from the start. VAR is overturning the very thing that fans want to see (and in my case as a bloke who likes the occasional flutter, wants to see)

Can’t be a good thing..

Perhaps the most interesting point of all is right at the end of the article. Some bookies are literally offering ‘VAR insurance’ to try to encourage punters who have become so sick of VAR ruining their bets.

Cant be more clear really can it?

Or @HighPeakFoxis this just a ‘Col’ thing to say?

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1