Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, filbertway said:

Defender under pressure. Throw self to floor. Gullible ref falls for it. 

It's like they dont understand the game 

Defenders are huge divers. Get away with a lot more than attackers.

I would say the offside rule needs changing, no one really complained about being a mm offside before VAR ... that is not an obvious error... should be only chalking off goals that are clearly offside. If you need 5 minutes putting up lines then that isn’t what I would consider obvious 

• Like 2

Watching this match with our fourth place chances hat on I would rather Chelsea than Liverpool winning for sure. Chelsea look a decent side and will win plenty of games whereas watching Liverpool I can now seriously see them only winning a handful of games. 

Just now, Col city fan said:

Don’t be mardy Stan. That sounded dead petulant 

You can talk.  Have you already forgotten the post you made barely a few minutes ago lollol 

'taste of his own medicine' might ring some bells. That's petulant.

TOP POST COL.

• Haha 2

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I would say the offside rule needs changing, no one really complained about being a mm offside before VAR ... that is not an obvious error... should be only chalking off goals that are clearly offside. If you need 5 minutes putting up lines then that isn’t what I would consider obvious 

For offsides the assistant must almost feel redundant or made to look silly.

I am sure none of them are trained to check for a finger being offside.
  • Like 1

Just now, OrielCaziado said:

Watching this match with our fourth place chances hat on I would rather Chelsea than Liverpool winning for sure. Chelsea look a decent side and will win plenty of games whereas watching Liverpool I can now seriously see them only winning a handful of games. 

So surely you want liverpool to win this ? 

• Like 2

Media darling and underarm deodorant advertiser Mason Bloody Mount.

I mean, that was a lovely goal and all that, but he is tightening his grip on an England place for the Summer and he'll be Bob at the Euros.

And the pundits will spend the rest of the season flapping over him.

Ugh.

Just now, StanSP said:

You can talk.  Have you already forgotten the post you made barely a few minutes ago lollol VAR 

'taste of his own medicine' might ring some bells. That's petulant.

TOP POST COL.

You must accept the VAR bummer comments Stan. Take it on the chin like I have to

I only started talking tonight about VAR and betting, found some stats to back it up and here we are again having silliness

I genuinely think the forum can be full of it.

You must accept the VAR bummer comments Stan. Take it on the chin like I have to

I only started talking tonight about VAR and betting, found some stats to back it up and here we are again having silliness

I genuinely think the forum can be full of it.

I don't have to accept anything you tell me to. Get out of your own arse Col.

• Sad 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

They deleted the entire conversation, so it had no context.

Ah ok that makes more sense

I don’t want an apology from you mate.. just strange how you’ve become is all :dunno: when I thought we’d always had some decent chats

Anyway, no worries..

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The offside var is nothing to do with obvious - it’s apparently factual ....

You’re either on or you’re off 

I still maintain that my six inch buffer area would solve all this crap ...... the argument that you would still have to get the lines out to see if you’re beyind the buffer is a nonsense because if you’re beyond the buffer then it’s pretty certain that you’re offside .....at the moment the judgment of when the ball is played and the screen is frozen plus how accurate the line drawn from the sleeve etc means that the apparent factual nature of the law is anything but .....

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

But that irrelevant because from day one they’ve said they’re not going to apply the ‘clear and obvious’ idea to offsides. 

Ah ok that makes more sense

I don’t want an apology from you mate.. just strange how you’ve become is all :dunno: when I thought we’d always had some decent chats

Anyway, no worries..

How I've become? What does that mean? Message me privately...

The problem, as always, isn't the concept of VAR - which is just watching video to correct mistakes.  It's the implementation - in this case making one of the few objective decisions in football subjective by basing it off arms and sleeves.  How is that ever going to work?  It's going to be different every time.  You have to change the rules to follow the technology and base offside on something that can be consistently applied.  

In its current form, VAR is horrendous.  I'd just say that it could and should be much more thoughtfully applied.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So surely you want liverpool to win this ? 

I think what I meant is I’m resigned to the fact Chelsea finish above us. They have so many options as well on the bench compared to Liverpool and I can’t see us finishing above them now.  Whereas Liverpool look average these days and another couple of results going against them and I think they are done for. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Media darling and underarm deodorant advertiser Mason Bloody Mount.

I mean, that was a lovely goal and all that, but he is tightening his grip on an England place for the Summer and he'll be Bob at the Euros.

And the pundits will spend the rest of the season flapping over him.

Ugh.

Mason Mount is a victim of being seen as a teacher's pet.

He is a very good player.

30 odd years to wait for another title, none of their fans could celebrate it properly and now, just as it looks like we might be getting out of this mess, they’re Shit again. Gift that keeps on giving, Liverpool. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

Just now, Manini said:

30 odd years to wait for a title, none of their fans could celebrate it properly and now, just as it looks like we might be getting out of this mess, they’re Shit again. Gift that keeps on giving, Liverpool. 

The nature of their decline is the compelling factor

Can a team really miss Virgil VD this much?

The nature of their decline is the compelling factor

Can a team really miss Virgil VD this much?

I don’t think it’s just that. I think they’re also completely shagged and a few players have hit some dodgy form at the same time. They ran their bollocks off for everything, pressing everything, closing down everything last season desperate to finally win it. Must be hard to reach the same levels playing the exact same game. 

• Like 2