Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just watched back the Fulham Spuds game and the Fulham disallowed goal has to be one of the worst decisions in recent memory

The bloke had his arm by his side, didn’t move it, had the ball kicked at it and the goal was disallowed

Utterly crazy rule and Fulham must be fookin fuming 

It's not a bad decision, it's a bad rule.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just watched back the Fulham Spuds game and the Fulham disallowed goal has to be one of the worst decisions in recent memory

The bloke had his arm by his side, didn’t move it, had the ball kicked at it and the goal was disallowed

Utterly crazy rule and Fulham must be fookin fuming 

Then you see handballs by defenders not given.

No consistency.

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

It's not a bad decision, it's a bad rule.

What if the situation is close to the goal and ball goes in off the arm ....is it acceptable for a goal to be scored by an arm ?  They adjusted the law from last year to say it had to lead directly to a goal rather than be in the build up .... that one this evening led directly to the shot ...if it doesn’t strike the arm then it would probably fall differently and the shot isn’t there to be taken .....

Couldn’t give a toss about Liverpool they have some serious problems. Chelski worry me. They are playing like they have bags of energy and desire. No slacking off. We must win against Brighton now no ifs no butts. Players have to have desire to see these games out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I definitely concur on the penalties. Of course there will be goals stem from them that wouldn’t have before. Good point

👍

Coolio. Based on the numbers on that site, I reckon VAR is effectively causing about 1 less goal to be scored every 70 games. You keep losing betting Col.

Edited by turtmcfly

Welcome to the Big time...

We have to compete, we have to earn...!!

No use getting Top 4 because others Fall away....

laughing at L'pool or Manutd, maybe Wham,Everton think the same about us..

Winning on the  Snidey remarks, League doesn't get the game done, Our team have to earn it on the field....

• Like 1

Let the great battle for 4th position begins.

Man City pretty much secured the title.

Man United

Chelsea they are look certain for top 3

We are, Everton and WU fighting for the last CL spot.

Arsenal is the dark horse

Tottenham is a bloody miracle work.

29 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

No way we can stay ahead of Chelsea now with them winning tonight. Everton might overtake us too given our poor recent form. We are looking like we will be sliding down the table again like last year.

So if Chelsea had won a single game between tonight and the end of the season our top 4 chance was over? 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I wonder what it would take for Liverpool to get rid of Klopp

The end of the season and Stevie G leaving Rangers on a high i'd imagine...

They'll let him walk though, strikes me as a situation that could see him being ready to return to Germany or just wanting to get away from the Premier League given the amount of shit he's given it non stop all season! Wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the summer along with a few of the players too.

18 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Decided I am going to stop stressing about dropping out the top 4, and just enjoy the ups and downs we are all going to be in for over the next 11 games! Bring it on! We can beat anyone on our day! :scarf:

Best way to be!

Look we've got Brighton and Sheff Utd next, if we don't get 6 points or at worst 4... we don't deserve top four and it's as simple as that!

After that it's an FA Cup 'nice to have' game and then some time to get players back ahead of Man City and West Ham.

Then again we go into a run of West Brom, Palace, Southampton and Newcastle.... again if we're not coming out of that with 8pts minimum WE DON'T DESERVE IT!

I could get stressed about other games no end, especially given I can watch every single one in full! But really, it's in our hands and i'd much rather be 3rd with 6 out of 11 of our games Very Winnable, rather than be a Liverpool or West Ham chasing away.

I've said it a million times, don't underestimate the power of a draw, only have to look at United to see that!

• Like 3

My opinions on VAR, as briefly as I can...

1.  The decisions don't appear to have improved the refereeing overall.

2.  It takes much longer than it should.  (Much like many American leagues with a VAR equivalent.)

3.  It often takes away the simple joy of celebrating a goal, as you don't actually know if it will end up being a goal.

The VAR system could be done well, but it isn't.

Edited by lnkstern
misspelling
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, String fellow said:

The Reds have really lost the plot,

With five home losses on the trot.

What, what, what, what, what, what, what

Will Klopp do to stop the rot?

Interesting what he'd have to do(or not do) to get fired?

He's won Champions League and the Premier League, so he's got that to stand on, for awhile.

Losing VvD was huge, but they still should have the players to be better than what they are doing right now.