Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

With the new ‘hall of fame’ who do you think will be the first player who has played for Leicester to be inducted?

My money would be on Les Ferdinand, though not really known for his time as a fox.

Vardy and possibly Heskey are two other Leicester shouts in the future.

Any others?

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Anything that is a public vote is crap! It just leads to Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool players receiving the most votes regardless of ability or merit.

When has that undeservedly happened..!!

17 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

With the new ‘hall of fame’ who do you think will be the first player who has played for Leicester to be inducted?

My money would be on Les Ferdinand, though not really known for his time as a fox.

Any others?

Although she  wore the shirt, she Never played for city....but

My Mam..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Any others?

Banks & Shilton.

13 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

So with Man City winning the League Cup and assuming both Chelsea and Leicester finish top 6.

The European places will look like this:

Top 4 Champions League

5th and 6th Europa League

7th Europa Conference

We've done to death the Chelsea/Arsenal winning their competitions and the impact this will have. Hopefully Arsenal go out in the semis and we can be 100% that top 4 are Champions League. 

Looking at some of the line ups in recent league matches I do kind of feel Arsenal are going all out to win the EL. Who can blame them. They are in the semis and on their day they are probably good enough to beat any of the other 3 left I'm. They won't move much in the league either, so why no go all out for a CL spot via the EL.

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

They both might have an issue getting into the PL hall of fame.

I was going to defend myself by pointing out that @Aus Fox didn't specify Premier League HOF, but it's in the Premier League thread, so...

I am an idiot. :doh:

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Buce said:

I was going to defend myself by pointing out that @Aus Fox didn't specify Premier League HOF, but it's in the Premier League thread, so...

Sorry @Buce I feel I have set you up with my nonspecific post. Though I do remember Shilton being a regular back up keeper in the early days of the PL. He seemed to sign a few short term deals, I’m sure he played for West Ham in the Premier League at the very end of his career. - not sure if that makes him a hall of fame status.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Any others?

It all depends on how many they induct each year.  Imo if it is to be a truly presitgeous honour then it should be limited to two or three per year.  If that's the case, then maybe Vardy one day, but I don't know about anyone else.

Eric Cantona, Dennis Bergkamp, Michael Owen, David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Peter Schmeichel, Gianfranco Zola, Patrick Viera and more than a couple of others all get in before LCFC representation.

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Just go for a nice  long walk & turn Left at the Munros....That should clear the Head a little .

By the way, you might be manythings..but an idiot you aint..:)

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Dead against it on the basis that they might start to improve as a football club.

Nothing good should be allowed to come from the Super League fallout for the Sinister Six. 

The owners are the problem, surely a takeover like this would improve things for the fans, especially with club legends backing it

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Looking at some of the line ups in recent league matches I do kind of feel Arsenal are going all out to win the EL. Who can blame them. They are in the semis and on their day they are probably good enough to beat any of the other 3 left I'm. They won't move much in the league either, so why no go all out for a CL spot via the EL.

Arsenal winning EL is more likely than Chelsea winning CL, both happening at the same time and Chelsea finishing outside the top 4 seems unlikely.