Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

51 minutes ago, Corky said:

I hope Mahrez one day says in public that we did him a favour not letting him go to Arsenal, that the year out of the Champions League wasn't the end of the world and we then let him join a level of team his talent deserves.

Close enough

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have to believe Son crying (and Kane looking dejected) at the end of that game is in part them thinking wtf am I doing at this club and can I even get out. I think they're pretty much trapped there. Awful performance by Spurs, especially given that game was basically their season. They're not making top 4, might not even make Europe. Losing to ManC isn't terrible but they barely laid a glove on them. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

You could go even further and each team has 3 VAR appeals and if they are upheld they don't lose one of their appeals. Go back to how it was prior to VAR and let the officials make all the decisions, but challenges to decisions are made by the Captain and referred to VAR. Where it's too close to call, stay with the ref's / ref's assistant 's decision.

I like this idea...

Plus like the First seasons in cricket, the Teams had to learn to use their DRS Appeals wisely....

Use VAR appeals up in the First 10-15 minute for nonsense appeals...tough luck..!! 

Its First trusting the refs, over 90minutes before the game starts, the Mindset would have to change

and not go Chasing around the refs arse,  complaining every 5 minutes...

To try and keep some balance..I wouldn t mind if the Managers shoudnt be allowed to be involved in the VAR appeal process....

Tue onfield captain and a designated coach, who flags the Appeal if he Think he was Spotted something,

where they can question the goal/offside/penalty or Red card for their own team....

Or even question the Red card decision against their opponent...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I like this idea...

Plus like the First seasons in cricket, the Teams had to learn to use their DRS Appeals wisely....

Use VAR appeals up in the First 10-15 minute for nonsense appeals...tough luck..!! 

Its First trusting the refs, over 90minutes before the game starts, the Mindset would have to change

and not go Chasing around the refs arse,  complaining every 5 minutes...

To try and keep some balance..I wouldn t mind if the Managers shoudnt be allowed to be involved in the VAR appeal process....

Tue onfield captain and a designated coach, who flags the Appeal if he Think he was Spotted something,

where they can question the goal/offside/penalty or Red card for their own team....

Or even question the Red card decision against their opponent...

Same as Tennis as well isn’t it? Adds a more tactical element to the VAR. 

1 hour ago, simon789us said:

The thing that bugs me with the close offside calls is it was supposed to clear up clear and obvious mistakes being offside or onside for that matter by 1 cm is not clear and obvious so why dont they go with crickets way of doing things get linesmen/women to do what they used to and flag or not then if VAR has it as that close it goes to Umpires linesman/womens decision.

1) VAR not to be used for offside at all.

2) Clear and obvious errors. The VAR bods have 20 seconds max to review.  In that time clear and obvious should be welI, obvious.  

This would mean players could start celebrating goals again and fans would not be hanging around for minutes waiting. 

Just now, Peterorange said:

1) VAR not to be used for offside at all.

2) Clear and obvious errors. The VAR bods have 20 seconds max to review.  In that time clear and obvious should be welI, obvious.  

This would mean players could start celebrating goals again and fans would not be hanging around for minutes waiting. 

Think we need to have VAR for offsides but use players feet as a point of reference.

Need a complete set of new officials who understand football when it comes to reviewing footage (and understanding when a player goes down easily/dives). The officiating really is the worst thing about the premier league.

This Villa West Brom game is quite enjoyable.....good old fashioned end to end game with loads of mistakes but these mistakes leading  to a lot of goal mouth action and chances......Hard to believe that a few weeks ago  some of us were concerned Villa would be challenging us for top 4 ....