Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

All of us laughing at the Spurs merch yesterday spoke too soon...

https://twitter.com/lcfc/status/1386693548972470273?s=21

Not having that, after waiting 50+ years for an FA Cup Final we've a sensible offering of scarfs and t-shirts. Fans will want commemorative merchandise. Absolutely incomparable to the Spurs chucky dolls 😳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

When you let football fans on Twitter vote for anything:

C9E25147-2970-4A29-814E-08BB18F3052C.jpeg

This is why the 'Hall of Fame' Americanised bullshit will fail. 

Can't wait to see the entire continent of Asia vote in Man United and Liverpool players. Be real edge of the seat stuff. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, surrifox said:

This is why the punishments on the super league teams ( & Tottenham) need to be harsh . This sort of grotesque nonsense ruins the market for every club by ceding power to agents and players . If they can’t deploy their wealth responsibly - take some of it off them 

I would be surprised if they get anything more than a small fine......football bosses haven't got the bottle to take on billionaires

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

This is fantastic and should be widely celebrated in the game! Well done to both teams!

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I like how they just quietly did it then let people know afterwards. Imagine if people were told in advance that there was going to be a break for that reason.  Twitland would've been up in arms and making out like the pause is ruining the match when it happened.  Instead nobody even noticed until we were told afterwards.

Agreed! 

37 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I like how they just quietly did it then let people know afterwards. Imagine if people were told in advance that there was going to be a break for that reason.  Twitland would've been up in arms and making out like the pause is ruining the match when it happened.  Instead nobody even noticed until we were told afterwards.

When the cameras spend so much time showing the managers and inconsequential replays whist the game is going on it would hardly register.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I find this infuriating 

They had the camera on Hodgson for ages and then showed the game had progressed and then showed Lewington again whilst the game was going on. MrsG has to calm me down I get so worked up about it. :mad:

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

"Bloody outrage, sharia law taking over our football!"

• Like 1

I dont mind anyone having a religion as long as they dont push it my way but the fasting seems a bit ridiculous.However a work rfrend of mine very much described it as being about giving and charity as well as self discipline.Hey ho.I think there are exceptions for illness and pregnancy for instance

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Football’s morals hey. 

Arsenal fans cheering in a billionaire whose made his money by ripping off musicians 

Had a peek at a post this morning highlighting this issue. Arsenal fans acting like, well, football fans in suddenly being Spotify and this prospective owner's great defender. Suddenly many of them are music industry experts.

If they could I bet they'd have Spotify emojis in their name like Newcastle fans did.

Amazing how supporters are so easy to hitch themselves to anything that shows a bit of leg, regardless of morals. Thirsty as anything.

32 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Unable to post Link but check out Garth Crooks team of the week on BBC website. Nacho is in there but it is comment about BR and Spurs that grates and he calls Nacho 'Super Eagle'!

He's called him a super eagle because that's the nickname for the Nigerian mens squad...

Admittedly poorly placed wording given who the opposition were, but at least he's technically correct on this occasion!

Edited by Xen

40 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Unable to post Link but check out Garth Crooks team of the week on BBC website. Nacho is in there but it is comment about BR and Spurs that grates and he calls Nacho 'Super Eagle'!

Ex Spurs man. So he has a vested interest. Oh and he is also an idiot lol.