Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I hope Mahrez one day says in public that we did him a favour not letting him go to Arsenal, that the year out of the Champions League wasn't the end of the world and we then let him join a level of team his talent deserves.

• Like 2

Just now, Corky said:

I hope Mahrez one day says in public that we did him a favour not letting him go to Arsenal, that the year out of the Champions League wasn't the end of the world and we then let him join a level of team his talent deserves.

Dream on...

7 hours ago, davieG said:

They're just as bad and biased. Look how they condone or at least ignore blatant diving and general cheating.

Just like Now with the VAR-Studio decision makers or analysts...

VAR in itself is Not the problem....For offside It is/was the total Lack of Preparation on the Technic in creating a Matrix of lines for the different Angles

Across different VAR-camera   angles  at the different grounds.... From a different height the Cross-field lines will always project different perspectives

and too flexable  in-built Human failure when trying to Match and sync the dots, & those Short  perpendicular  black-lines when comparing  foot/arm/total

Position Beteen Defender & attacker...

The  precision in the Technical & technique methods exsist, its Not the Software  but the > Tool < Operating the system.

The individual game decision makers are still the ones Making the errors & really Crude blundering mistakes...

Like the Sendung off (refs-descision) the W.ham player...

Whatever happens Next season....VAR - People in the Studio cant be the >final<  decision makers. It must be and stay by the game ref & linesman-team..

The Linsman also must be given more authority and refs  seen & shown they are communicating.

I Really Dont mind the tight descision, but there has been so many obvious decision- making moments/issues where they  get it wrong.

So for me suspend VAR for a season Maybe 2...Keep it alive for One of the cup competitions...

#Then re-asses the major VAR-technical issues that have annoyed majority of fans/participants/and Match offocials

# Decide for "all" games how and which/what lines and Angles should (Not can) be used . And introduce Thicker lines

# Somehow..find a Common denominator, that most can agree upon..what body position  constitutes offside..Bit

for me..i) Arm,leg,head, inch of torso ,stretched foot,or otherwise seen to be over the line, should Not constitute offside.. 

ii) Most of the body /  In a run-in daylight between attacker & defender.     

Diving header..decide how much of the body constitutes being the point of taking an unfair advantage...

# When is Handball... handball...we have to be fair its become difficult...

# Tackles even with VAR, majority of decisions have been ok...But it still comes down to the ref...

##  The ref should always use the Pitch-side Monitor & VAR official should only help , inform and advise..

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Just like Now with the VAR-Studio decision makers or analysts...

VAR in itself is Not the problem....For offside It is/was the total Lack of Preparation on the Technic in creating a Matrix of lines for the different Angles

Across different VAR-camera   angles  at the different grounds.... From a different height the Cross-field lines will always project different perspectives

and too flexable  in-built Human failure when trying to Match and sync the dots, & those Short  perpendicular  black-lines when comparing  foot/arm/total

Position Beteen Defender & attacker...

The  precision in the Technical & technique methods exsist, its Not the Software  but the > Tool < Operating the system.

The individual game decision makers are still the ones Making the errors & really Crude blundering mistakes...

Like the Sendung off (refs-descision) the W.ham player...

Whatever happens Next season....VAR - People in the Studio cant be the >final<  decision makers. It must be and stay by the game ref & linesman-team..

The Linsman also must be given more authority and refs  seen & shown they are communicating.

I Really Dont mind the tight descision, but there has been so many obvious decision- making moments/issues where they  get it wrong.

So for me suspend VAR for a season Maybe 2...Keep it alive for One of the cup competitions...

#Then re-asses the major VAR-technical issues that have annoyed majority of fans/participants/and Match offocials

# Decide for "all" games how and which/what lines and Angles should (Not can) be used . And introduce Thicker lines

# Somehow..find a Common denominator, that most can agree upon..what body position  constitutes offside..Bit

for me..i) Arm,leg,head, inch of torso ,stretched foot,or otherwise seen to be over the line, should Not constitute offside.. 

ii) Most of the body /  In a run-in daylight between attacker & defender.     

Diving header..decide how much of the body constitutes being the point of taking an unfair advantage...

# When is Handball... handball...we have to be fair its become difficult...

# Tackles even with VAR, majority of decisions have been ok...But it still comes down to the ref...

##  The ref should always use the Pitch-side Monitor & VAR official should only help , inform and advise..

The thing that bugs me with the close offside calls is it was supposed to clear up clear and obvious mistakes being offside or onside for that matter by 1 cm is not clear and obvious so why dont they go with crickets way of doing things get linesmen/women to do what they used to and flag or not then if VAR has it as that close it goes to Umpires linesman/womens decision.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How has Maitland-Niles conned the ref for that penalty? Konsa barely touched his foot.

Same for Barkley's. 

Two very, very soft penalties won.

I was gonna stick this on, but after reading this I don't think I'll bother. I'm about as disillusioned with football as I've ever been after this week

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, simon789us said:

The thing that bugs me with the close offside calls is it was supposed to clear up clear and obvious mistakes being offside or onside for that matter by 1 cm is not clear and obvious so why dont they go with crickets way of doing things get linesmen/women to do what they used to and flag or not then if VAR has it as that close it goes to Umpires linesman/womens decision.

That’s the way it’s supposed to be done, that’s the way the IFAB want it to be but it seems the leagues are interpreting the rules differently 

6 minutes ago, simon789us said:

You could go even further and each team has 3 VAR appeals and if they are upheld they don't lose one of their appeals. Go back to how it was prior to VAR and let the officials make all the decisions, but challenges to decisions are made by the Captain and referred to VAR. Where it's too close to call, stay with the ref's / ref's assistant 's decision.

9 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

You could go even further and each team has 3 VAR appeals and if they are upheld they don't lose one of their appeals. Go back to how it was prior to VAR and let the officials make all the decisions, but challenges to decisions are made by the Captain and referred to VAR. Where it's too close to call, stay with the ref's / ref's assistant 's decision.

They’d probably try and appeal for anything at first though and would you still get subjective calls ?

5 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

They’d probably try and appeal for anything at first though and would you still get subjective calls ?

But if they use their 3 appeals in the first 5 minutes and they are all overruled , then that's it. No more appeals.

However, I feel that appeals could be limited only for

a) when a goal is scored

b) penalties

c) sending off

• Like 1