Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Ridiculous isn't it. VAR is meant to be like an in game version of the review system. The referees have help and numerous replays, it shouldn't get to the stage where it needs overturning.

Even having an appeal process where red cards can be overturned is ridiculous now we’ve got VAR, if they’re so confident that VAR works then there should be no reviews post match. 

1 minute ago, Mint23 said:

Even having an appeal process where red cards can be overturned is ridiculous now we’ve got VAR, if they’re so confident that VAR works then there should be no reviews post match. 

You pretty much just reworded what I said lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dynamark said:

I dont mind anyone having a religion as long as they dont push it my way but the fasting seems a bit ridiculous.However a work rfrend of mine very much described it as being about giving and charity as well as self discipline.Hey ho.I think there are exceptions for illness and pregnancy for instance

Fasting is also a Christian period.... "lent"..!!

Every Religion even Non-religious Societies put Days & Time when they Chose to Fast..!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Tbf, last night when they focused on Wes getting a drink, I thought the camera operator was just doing some weird stuff again. I genuinely think they fancied Roy Hodgson, the length of time they spent looking at him. 

Yeah I was genuinely pissed off that they were showing Roy for ages but not it makes sense lol 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Tbf, last night when they focused on Wes getting a drink, I thought the camera operator was just doing some weird stuff again. I genuinely think they fancied Roy Hodgson, the length of time they spent looking at him. 

Sky were focusing on Roy because it was the only way they could wind me up as I'd muted the commentary. 

Sky use every dirty trick in the book, that Spurs post mortem was below the belt.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Torten said:

I was fuming, the game was in play and all I could see is that old wrinkled egg custard lookalike.

Then we were treated to a 45 second close up of Ray Lewington a few minutes later.

There was absolutely no need for that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know how prize money works for the end of the season? I was trying to look at the difference in money received for finishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th.

I came across this, what I found interesting is that we made more from overseas tv money than Arsenal? Does that mean we were shown more? Or more popular? 
Arsenal made more on facilities fees? Who decides what gets more money? More games on tv? Better facilities?

What I take from this was we were, and still are the biggest club outside the super league six right now, and the gap between us and the lower end of the super league six is closing.

91509670-DD49-41E4-8062-21C74DD57843.jpeg

9 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

If we are in the champions league next season and it’s the same level it is this season no reason we can’t be competitive!

I’ve watched both semis and thought how far short we are of that standard ......incredible work rate and skill levels on show, especially tonight

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm confident that the worse we'd do in the group stage is 3rd and into the europa league. 

conscious that this isn’t the thread but we’ll be fourth seed and every chance of our group being ‘the death’ one .......assuming we qualify ......

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

conscious that this isn’t the thread but we’ll be fourth seed and every chance of our group being ‘the death’ one .......assuming we qualify ......

Yep, exactly the opposite of last time. I think some people forget how lucky we were with the group last time round. Then getting Sevilla in the first knockout. 

I worry about that effect having to play Barcelona and (potentially given their league performance) Juventus twice could have on us... we’re good but are we ready for that? 

• Like 1