Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

58 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Unable to post Link but check out Garth Crooks team of the week on BBC website. Nacho is in there but it is comment about BR and Spurs that grates and he calls Nacho 'Super Eagle'!

Now there is one 'pundit' who literally offers nothing to the game. Should have been retired years ago. Even his 'team of the week' is a 'team of whoever scored this week with a few others thrown in'. 

I will never forget his comments during: 'final score' in our title season. It had got to the point where we really couldn't be just dismissed as potential challengers. He said something like: ".... yes, Leicester are top and it's nice and it's fun, but the real story this week is Arsenal losing". Basically saying the title was between Spurs and Arsenal and we were just an amusing distraction. 

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Unable to post Link but check out Garth Crooks team of the week on BBC website. Nacho is in there but it is comment about BR and Spurs that grates and he calls Nacho 'Super Eagle'!

Team of the week - Pickford, Chilwell, Laporte, Tarkowski, Azpilicueta, Kante, Phillips, Werner, Iheanacho, Salah, Wood

Kelechi Iheanacho: What a goal. He had already set up Timothy Castagne's equaliser before firing in an unstoppable shot past a stranded Vicente Guaita in the Crystal Palace net. Kelechi Iheanacho is in red hot form. Fourteen goals in 14 games for the Nigerian Super Eagle says it all really. This was a massive win for Leicester and cements their challenge for a Champions League spot. I might make Chelsea slight favourites for the FA Cup final but I've just got a funny feeling it might be Leicester and Brendan Rodgers' year. However none of that must deter Tottenham Hotspur from trying to get Rodgers to fulfil their vacant managerial post. He's the only man for the job right now.

Did you know? Kelechi Iheanacho has either scored (12) or assisted (two) in eight of his last nine appearances for Leicester across all competitions.

3 hours ago, dynamark said:

I dont mind anyone having a religion as long as they dont push it my way but the fasting seems a bit ridiculous.However a work rfrend of mine very much described it as being about giving and charity as well as self discipline.Hey ho.I think there are exceptions for illness and pregnancy for instance

I also think that if a footballer/athlete does forego the fasting during a sporting activity that's fine as long as they give to charity or make special pilgrimage to Mecca to compensate for it. For different people who follow the religion it might be different circumstances or beliefs or traditions they abide by, so I don't mean to generalise.

But it goes to show that everyone is different and makes their own choices and I'm glad this was respected for a very brief moment during the game last night. 

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I find it quite nuts that athletes fast to be honest, they need to modernise the religion. Pop £50k in the kitty and you get to eat or something.

It's not how Islam works. Besides, it's not that difficult. The first couple of days are a bit more difficult but after that your body adjusts and you get used to it. 

Edited by 420Hashish
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfan92 said:

I think you're missing the point of why people fast.

Apparently to learn patience and get closer to god.

If you play in a Brendan Rodgers team you definitely know patience and he's playing with Kel...so covered all bases.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Apparently to learn patience and get closer to god.

If you play in a Brendan Rodgers team you definitely know patience and he's playing with Kel...so covered all bases.

:D

There's a bit more to it than that too  ...

Either way I dont think Little Wes is likely to change the way he feels for our convenience. 

As I've said in another thread I think he's coping very well with his fasting.

• Like 1

Just now, foxfan92 said:

:D

There's a bit more to it than that too  ...

Either way I dont think Little Wes is likely to change the way he feels for our convenience. 

As I've said in another thread I think he's coping very well with his fasting.

Fair play the lad, I wouldn't expect him to.

If he can do that and still perform in the Prem then there's no problem :) If he was struggling I'd like to think Rodgers would do the right thing and pull him like he did at HT last week.

Honestly, I can barely focus in a 10am meeting without at least a coffee.

Just seen it doesn't finish till 12 May. At least he'll be back flying for the final :D