Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Perspective

Just now, tom27111 said:

Yeah, it hurts.

Yeah, it's disappointing after having such a lead.

But for those, like me, who were there during the David Pleat years and the depths of League 1, this ain't bad.

There's 92 clubs in the league pyramid, you'd only swap places with 4 of them.

The table never lies.

So true.  I’ve followed since 1990 and we all know the crap that we’ve watched during some of those seasons. Great achievement for Leicester City !

• Like 1

I dont think the club will be back here

one miracle the title was achieved

this would of been another mini miracle

with players to be sold , I think desperately disappointing. while 5th is decent, I don't think this opportunity will come back again with vardy retiring in the next few years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Absolutely, but would you prefer to be Watford?

Or West Brom?

Or Hull?

That could easily be us.

I think easily is a bit of an overstatement. We're bigger than all 3 of those clubs and have much better ownership than them. You could literally just say would you prefer to be [Insert any club who finished below us].

• Like 1

Just now, David Hankey said:

Goals win matches as does taking your chances. We are simply, not good enough. You can analyse, pontificate and discussed 'til the cows come home but that is the simple truth.

We finished 5th in the top flight. If we try to do too much to fix this because it's 'not good enough' we'll be back in the Championship before you know it. There's really no need to have a meltdown over a bad run, we have a young squad with some exceptionally talented young footballers, who still have a lot to learn. Of course they do. But it's overall far from 'not good enough'.

• Like 2

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

I think easily is a bit of an overstatement. We're bigger than all 3 of those clubs and have much better ownership than them. You could literally just say would you prefer to be [Insert any club who finished below us].

Ok, switch it around...we've finished above Spurs and Arsenal.

I know people are disappointed, me included, but come on!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

I literally do not see the point of that reasoning either, could just say - don't worry we're better than Luton Town so it's ok

• Like 1

It's been a great season to be honest with a disappointing end. 

But what vichai and top always set out to achieve was evolution not revolution. 

Of course we all thought we would get top 4 and that may have happened without covid. 

But **** anyone who wouldn't have taken fifth at the start of the year. 

A few good signings and we build upon this year to come back stronger next year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We are challenging the "big six" have the best owners in the world, a young team and a state of the art training complex up with any team in the world. We are an established premier league side and the biggest team in the region. There is though clearly great scope to move on. Players who we want to stay are tied to long contracts and a hot Manager who has a few question marks hanging over him now so something to prove. Yes could have should have got top 4 but did not so we get the chance to put it right next season 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I hate this half full/empty argument. We had pretty much a full glass and we spilt the fvcker.

You're right, but it is what it is. 

Injuries and suspension have had a massive impact.

The Dawson equaliser at Watford was massive.

But we're still in a great position as a club.

I don’t usually comment much but thought I would add my thoughts on having perspective. Obviously I am massively disappointed at dropping out of the Champions League. However as a Leicester fan from childhood in the 90s, I still go into every season looking to avoid relegation and try and see which three teams may finish below us. It is a hard habit to break, even though we have won the league! So to finish the season in 5th and achieving Europa League without having to go through the qualifying rounds which we were trying to achieve last season is still a success to me. The pain I feel at the moment will dull over the off season and I know by the start of next season I will be excited to watch Leicester City in Europe again, where I will still pinch myself in disbelief!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1