Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Perspective

It's a long term project at Leicester and the opening of the new training ground in the next few weeks will signal that intent. I'm usually not a huge fan of the "we'd have taken this at the start of the season argument" given that the expectations for this season changed after our good start, but in this case it's a step in the right direction from last season. It would have made very little difference to who we'd have signed this summer imo given we have been able to sign the likes of Ricardo and Tielemans with no European football at all and the best players in the world have headed to Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge before regardless of whether they've had CL football or not (Chelsea even confirmed players like Ziyech and Werner before their place was even confirmed and CL or not we just can't compete for these players at this time). And we've seen before that CL football doesn't guarantee a great summer window after what happened in 2016. I also think our transfer window would be largely unaffected in terms of player departures given we've had only 1 key player leave each of the last few seasons without European football and took in huge transfer fees in each case. I can't see any more than 1, maximum 2, leaving this summer. 

I'd be worried and would be questioning Rodgers' future if this poor form continues into next season but we now have a platform to develop off of so let's see how we recruit in the summer and start next season

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You're happy with missing out on the CL under the banner of "perspective" and you're calling me the loser.

Happy with 24 points from 22 games and calling me the loser. 

Happy with chucking 2 chances of Wembley, and calling me the loser. 

I don't think anyone is, but look at the bigger picture! 

• Like 1

Anyone in there teens and twenty’s and probably thirties won’t remember when Leicester were really crap. 
The perspective is that the club is moving in the right direction.

We have got the best owners ever,and after what Top has wrote recently are here for the long haul.

Ok we’ve just missed out on the top 4 which is unlucky,but we can only learn from it and take the positives from it.

The doomers and gloomers need to take a long hard look at themselves and get real ffs!!!

Unbelievable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Perspective doesn't win games.

It wins seasons. Without perspective, you let your head go down after a couple of lost games.

If we'd lost our last few games by playing bad football with our first choice 11, I'd be worried.

Yes, we need to change, but the mass overhauls that some are suggesting lack... well, perspective.

Just now, Speedwell 🦊 said:

Anyone in there teens and twenty’s and probably thirties won’t remember when Leicester were really crap. 
The perspective is that the club is moving in the right direction.

We have got the best owners ever,and after what Top has wrote recently are here for the long haul.

Ok we’ve just missed out on the top 4 which is unlucky,but we can only learn from it and take the positives from it.

The doomers and gloomers need to take a long hard look at themselves and get real ffs!!!

Unbelievable.

We were pretty shite in and around when we went down from the Championship. 

I know people (myself included) are a bit doom and gloom at the minute at what could of been.  But let's say we had started the season with absolute mid table form , and then went on to win our 9 in a row to finish 5th at the end of the season we would all be absolutely over the moon, yet it would be the same result.

All we can hope now is that the powers that be recognise that we are in dire need of depth in a lot of areas and put that right.

Europa League is still amazing if you stop and think about it.  I mean, normally , one or two of Man city, Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and spurs will drop into it in each season. And we've taken that away, twice in 5 seasons. We ARE getting there, just doing it sometimes in what looks like a half arsed way.

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

That was a bad performance but I think the Villa game was where it all started to go. wrong imo. Its bound to impact the players confidence

I disagree, we got pumped by Man City and Liverpool and you kinda knew after then something wasn’t right, yes we got wins against West Ham and Newcastle but they practically rolled over and Newcastle had injured players, the rot already was taking place.

can you recall a game where we looked the bollocks since Christmas, I can’t 

On that great run, we pressed teams, moved the ball quickly, we stopped doing that after Christmas, was we knackered, injuries started to take its toll I don’t know.

But we have never hit them heights since, something is not right

Did the players say to the manager we carnt play at that tempo?, so many questions, and no answers 

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You're happy with missing out on the CL under the banner of "perspective" and you're calling me the loser.

Happy with 24 points from 22 games and calling me the loser. 

Happy with chucking 2 chances of Wembley, and calling me the loser. 

I never said I was happy with any of those things, but I can also see the bigger picture. 

You want to react to the here and now and forget all the good earlier on in the season. 

Our team and squad needs strengthening and I truly hope we can build on this season. Take the disappointment and come back stronger. There's no guarantee of that, but I also recognise how hard it is to break into this monopoly and that we title winning season aside, us being any where near champions League places is completely new territory for this clue, in my life time at least. 

In my opinion, perspective isn't about accepting the shit, but it's acknowledging the truth of the circumstances and wanted to improve and be even better in future. 

4 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I know people (myself included) are a bit doom and gloom at the minute at what could of been.  But let's say we had started the season with absolute mid table form , and then went on to win our 9 in a row to finish 5th at the end of the season we would all be absolutely over the moon, yet it would be the same result.

All we can hope now is that the powers that be recognise that we are in dire need of depth in a lot of areas and put that right.

Europa League is still amazing if you stop and think about it.  I mean, normally , one or two of Man city, Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and spurs will drop into it in each season. And we've taken that away, twice in 5 seasons. We ARE getting there, just doing it sometimes in what looks like a half arsed way.

Obviously but that isn't what happened. We'd be on a good run of form going into the new season which would also make us postive. However can you be confident for next season based on the Jan to now? 

Edited by hejammy

You can talk about the bigger picture but unfortunately  around the edges of that picture are a no longer quite as inept Man Utd and a Chelsea who are splashing the cash like crazy. My perspective is that we will not be in a position again where we only need mid table form for half a season to finish 3rd. Perspective or not it's a historic bottle job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Unfortunately this was the biggest bottle job I've ever seen us produce. Questions are rightly being asked, lessons need to be learned and slight changes need to be made.

Dunno the last time I remember a game like that at King Power was Sheffield Wedneaday under Holloway. Completely shit the bed on that one. Missed a penalty. Then proceeded to late a shit team with nothing to play for run riot

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Unfortunately this was the biggest bottle job I've ever seen us produce. Questions are rightly being asked, lessons need to be learned and slight changes need to be made.

You're a new supporter then?

You weren't following us in 2013/14?

The reason we ultimately lost our place in the top 4 was a January window where Man Utd splashed £47 million on Fernandes to bolster a team low in confidence and we didn’t sign anyone to improve our squad when we’d hit a downturn in form. Money talks. Take Bruno out of that squad and how many points would they have not picked up. Presumably we didn’t have the cash to spend. This was probably in part due to us having a much tighter budget than any of the big six anyway and also probably to keep us in line with FFP (before we realised ffp is a waste of space and with good lawyers can be ignored.) We have also spent so much on the new training ground that the notoriously expensive January window was basically avoided.   

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Dunno the last time I remember a game like that at King Power was Sheffield Wedneaday under Holloway. Completely shit the bed on that one. Missed a penalty. Then proceeded to late a shit team with nothing to play for run riot

Just now, tom27111 said:

You're a new supporter then?

You weren't following us in 2013/14?

Only other one like that I remember was losing 4-3 to Wolves.

What bottling happened in 13/14?

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Onwards and upwards.

Don't sign shit players Lee and you're welcome to sell Chilwell for 60m.

Any irons in the fire, AF? Going to get busy almost immediately surely with such a quick turnaround between now and pre-season. 

Meltdown of all meltdowns... F***ing gutted.... 1-0 up against Bournemouth and lose 4-1... how the f*** ??? Ranieri kept them better focused than Rogers.... we’ve been on the beach since March and got what we deserved...