Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Perspective

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Everyone seems to be talking down our spending but not realising one of the key things holding us back was how much we were spending on average players....

Kingy has gone thats +2m

Mendy is going thats +2.5m

Silva and slimani being allowed to go on frees +8m

Kapustka likely to go +1.5m

Then there's still james (2m), amartey (1m), ghezzal (2m). 

Personally think there's some headroom on the wages and think we're likely to see some money spent on wages - I don't think you'll have to spend that high to get quality this summer.

Is Mendy definitely leaving? I ask as there was speculation on here yesterday that he has been offered a new 2 year deal?

How many teams in the past have had a great start to the season and then dropped off to finish outside the top 6 at least we have broken up the traditional top 6 teams again I know it’s disappointing but 5th in the premiership is a fantastic final league position for little old Leicester

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

How many teams in the past have had a great start to the season and then dropped off to finish outside the top 6 at least we have broken up the traditional top 6 teams again I know it’s disappointing but 5th in the premiership is a fantastic final league position for little old Leicester

Even though this has been an objectively good season we shouldn't condone a bottlejob and the complacency that led to it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MickeyMouse said:

Even though this has been an objectively good season we shouldn't condone a bottlejob and the complacency that led to it.

I’m trying to be positive I’m gutted about how it’s played out lol

• Like 1

45,000+ people dead from Coronavirus v us losing some football matches we should have won. There's some perspective.

I was angry for a few hours after the game but it's only football isn't it? Not that important in the grand scheme of things is it?

Yes, I have been drinking solidly since lunchtime.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Perspective is correct, its been a good season but ultimately, we've missed a MASSIVE opportunity im afraid, one we could regret

There's no could about it. We all regret not finishing higher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

Okay. Another fact is it's the 5th highest finish in our 136 year history.

That it may be and any other season we would snap your hand off for it. However we were 14 points clear this season and we ****ed it for no good reason. That is an incredibly bitter pill to swallow in itself.

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Yeah, it hurts.

Yeah, it's disappointing after having such a lead.

But for those, like me, who were there during the David Pleat years and the depths of League 1, this ain't bad.

There's 92 clubs in the league pyramid, you'd only swap places with 4 of them.

The table never lies.

Tom, I appreciate your post, I really do. It's well intended and really we could almost get away with all this but come on mate. We have to take responsibility now don't we, we can all kid ourselves of many things but truth be told we over achieved 1st half of the season and then got found out and now it feels worse than if we'd just plodded on like a mediocre shit house and had a purple patch at the end and snuck the European places. 

This life is a party.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Look I'm fine with perspective and we have come along way, but i really don't get this mindset in relentlessly just turning off your feelings after a match and saying "well europa league is good aint it". Like how are you not FUMING, I'm so baffled it's unreal, it's winding my up more than united fans

Ahh Grasshopper. 

How can One explain that fuming where there is a bright spark,should Never be baffling,but should it not lead to the logical conclusion,that an necessary

Explosion is imminent...

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Tom, I appreciate your post, I really do. It's well intended and really we could almost get away with all this but come on mate. We have to take responsibility now don't we, we can all kid ourselves of many things but truth be told we over achieved 1st half of the season and then got found out and now it feels worse than if we'd just plodded on like a mediocre shit house and had a purple patch at the end and snuck the European places. 

This life is a party.

We ended shit. We were awful. We let ourselves down.

There's no denying that. You can't polish a turd.

My point is, look where we were 10/15 years ago.

This is dreamland, even though we fvcked up 

We'd have killed for Europa in the last 3 years.

47 minutes ago, MickeyMouse said:

What was the complacency that led to

it? I thought it was Ndidi getting Injured and then since lockdown losing arguably our best players and not having the squad to step up? 

Nobody should feel embarrassed to be annoyed about the failure to complete the season in the top four. Opportunities do not come around that often, you want the best for your club.

Yes, 5th is one of the best seasons in our history. 3rd or 4th would've been too. Goodness me, we've put up with enough misery and dirge over the years to hope for days and chances like these.

I understand people being pleased or content with 5th, I also understand why people aren't pleased or content.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

45,000+ people dead from Coronavirus v us losing some football matches we should have won. There's some perspective.

I was angry for a few hours after the game but it's only football isn't it? Not that important in the grand scheme of things is it?

Yes, I have been drinking solidly since lunchtime.

Haha this is such an accurate representation of my emotions towards it. A few beers in and I don’t give a shit. Can’t imagine I’ll feel like that tomorrow 🤣

Just now, Corky said:

Nobody should feel embarrassed to be annoyed about the failure to complete the season in the top four. Opportunities do not come around that often, you want the best for your club.

Yes, 5th is one of the best seasons in our history. 3rd or 4th would've been too. Goodness me, we've put up with enough misery and dirge over the years to hope for days and chances like these.

I understand people being pleased or content with 5th, I also understand why people aren't pleased or content.

So you brought a new fence you can sit on...:P

It’s always harder to take when you’ve had it in your hands and then thrown it away. When you look at the margins and think back to games lost against the run of form (Norwich, Southampton, etc) it’s stings. 

however the youth looks good and if we can keep bringing through lads like Thomas and Hirst and adding quality young talent I’ll be happy.

Time however for Rogers to start shifting some dead wood. Grey again offered nothing today and isn’t sitting on the bench every week for nothing, Bennett doesn’t look up to it and needs shipping back to wolves, I don’t get why we’ve given Wes and Fuchs another year? 

hoping to see us bring in the likes of Cantwell over the summer. 

also wouldn’t be disappointed yo see us cash in on Maddison for the right amount.