Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On The TV 20/21

Updated to include BT fixtures

Saturday 12 September

12:30 Fulham v Arsenal (BT Sport)
17:30 Liverpool v Leeds Utd (Sky Sports)

Sunday 13 September

14:00 West Brom v Leicester City (Sky Sports)
16:30 Spurs v Everton (Sky Sports)

Monday 14 September

20:00 Brighton v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Saturday 19 September

12:30 Everton v West Brom (BT Sport)
17:30 Man Utd v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)

Sunday 20 September

12:00 Southampton v Spurs (BT Sport)
14:00 Arsenal v West Ham (Sky Sports)
16:30 Chelsea v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Monday 21 September

20:00 Wolves v Man City (Sky Sports)

Saturday 26 September

12:30 Brighton v Man Utd (BT Sport)
17:30 West Brom v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Sunday 27 September

12:00 Sheff Utd v Leeds Utd (BT Sport)
14:00 Fulham v Aston Villa (Sky Sports)
16:30 Man City v Leicester City (Sky Sports)

Monday 28 September

20:00 Liverpool v Arsenal (Sky Sports) 

• Like 1

Whilst we aren't all allowed back into the grounds they should have the games on TV. The 3pm rule I thought was only to stop people from going to the grounds, which isn't an issue anymore and surely its a good thing for the broadcasters to have more games on and exposure for the Premier league. 

1 hour ago, Big Dave said:

Problem is, the illegal streams are often shit and difficult to watch.

Depends which ones you have access to.

The ones I have are via my STB and are noticeably better than NowTV..

But even if its a poor one, most people dont care about HD/SD, but they do care about their wallet and the ability to watch games.  A poor quality feed is better than no feed.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, shailen said:

Whilst we aren't all allowed back into the grounds they should have the games on TV. The 3pm rule I thought was only to stop people from going to the grounds, which isn't an issue anymore and surely its a good thing for the broadcasters to have more games on and exposure for the Premier league. 

The 3pm blackout is to stop people watching Premier League games on TV rather than going to lower league and non league games. 

8 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Depends which ones you have access to.

The ones I have are via my STB and are noticeably better than NowTV..

But even if its a poor one, most people dont care about HD/SD, but they do care about their wallet and the ability to watch games.  A poor quality feed is better than no feed.

Tend to disagree - if it is too poor I would rather not watch.  I would rather pay an amount and have better quality. 
Maybe the ones I have watched are just very poor - I have Sky Sports in the TV, but only have an iPad to stream other things, which I dont particularly like doing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

The 3pm blackout is to stop people watching Premier League games on TV rather than going to lower league and non league games. 

I like the idea of this, however I doubt many people would still go and watch a lower league game if there was nothing to watch at 3pm. 
I have my team I support - not really bothered about any other smaller local teams TBH.

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

'A temporary measure has been agreed with Sky Sports to allow all games not televised live to be streamed online.'

So can we just use Sky GO to watch all of the matches on there then? I've got it on my Xbox so can watch all the games on my tv as standard.

:source::please:

Edited by Blue Fox 72

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

:source::please:

I’ve just found it by googling the phase 

it appears on a bbc report here at the bottom but it seems the reporter has got his wires crossed (no surprises there then) 

its only championship and below that have that arrangement for now unless something is agreed in today’s premier league meeting 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/54005791

Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon Prime share the rights to live Premier League football in the UK, with the BBC able to show highlights.

All English Football League games will be available to watch from home while matches continue to be played behind closed doors or at limited capacity.

A temporary measure has been agreed with Sky Sports to allow all games not televised live to be streamed online.

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I'll say it again the easy answer is that whilst behind close doors, Premier League games avoid the 2.45pm to 5.25pm period on Saturdays. 

Non league still get their crowds. 

Seems absolutely fair. Which is why the PL won't even consider it...

As an aside

Premier League announce major decision over £650m TV rights deal that will affect Leicester City

The Premier League has terminated its £650m-a-season contract with Chinese broadcasters PPTV

Elliott JacksonFootball Wire Writer

13:47, 3 SEP 2020

UPDATED13:55, 3 SEP 2020

The Premier League has terminated its £650m-a-season contract with Chinese broadcasters PPTV.

The Premier League agreed a huge £330m rebate with English media after the delay in the 2019/20 season due to COVID-19.

With matches played behind closed doors, a deal was reached for a portion of the rights fee to be returned in staggered payments.

PPTV agreed a record £650m deal with the Premier League last year, but withheld a payment of £160m in March that has led to the contract termination.

The streaming service is owned by Suning, the Chinese conglomerate that also has control of Italian club Inter Milan.

The decision comes after Chinese state broadcasters CCTV chose not to air coverage of Premier League games in July

A Premier League statement read: "The Premier League confirms that it has today terminated its agreements for Premier League coverage in China with its licensee in that territory.

"The Premier League will not be commenting further on the matter at this stage."

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

As an aside

Premier League announce major decision over £650m TV rights deal that will affect Leicester City

The Premier League has terminated its £650m-a-season contract with Chinese broadcasters PPTV

Elliott JacksonFootball Wire Writer

13:47, 3 SEP 2020

UPDATED13:55, 3 SEP 2020

The Premier League has terminated its £650m-a-season contract with Chinese broadcasters PPTV.

The Premier League agreed a huge £330m rebate with English media after the delay in the 2019/20 season due to COVID-19.

With matches played behind closed doors, a deal was reached for a portion of the rights fee to be returned in staggered payments.

PPTV agreed a record £650m deal with the Premier League last year, but withheld a payment of £160m in March that has led to the contract termination.

The streaming service is owned by Suning, the Chinese conglomerate that also has control of Italian club Inter Milan.

The decision comes after Chinese state broadcasters CCTV chose not to air coverage of Premier League games in July

A Premier League statement read: "The Premier League confirms that it has today terminated its agreements for Premier League coverage in China with its licensee in that territory.

"The Premier League will not be commenting further on the matter at this stage."

As I said in the Premier League thread. There is no way you cancel a huge contract because of a withheld payment, if you don't already have a replacement lined up.

Think this will turn out to be a non story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

You;d think clubs could cash in on a PPV type system. Maybe charge like £5 for a virtual ticket on LCFC TV

just for reference this is how it is being done in the championship 

Sky Bet Championship Streaming

Championship Clubs are able to stream any match not shown live on Sky to fans who purchase individual match passes for £10.

The new framework for Season Ticket Holders allows Clubs to have the option to provide streams of:

• All home matches, including those shown live on Sky
  • Any midweek away match, including those shown live on Sky

Clubs cannot provide access to any away weekend match, live on Sky or not, within a season ticket package.