Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On The TV 20/21

9 minutes ago, nnickn said:

how many people would take up the offer?, i'm guessing city v villa 10000 from each set of fans, so 20000 tickets sold.

how will the split be, that would be £300000 generated, how much would city get?

I believe all the money is going into a central pot. 

So can I just cancel Sky Sports and BT Sport, but pay for the individual games? Or do I have to be a subscriber in order to access the PPV? 

Fundamentally I don't mind paying to watch games, because I was paying for my tickets anyway as a member, but I mind being asked to pay over and over for services that don't ultimately allow me to watch the games I care about.

17 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Nothing stopping you forming your own Supporters Group and doing things better than you feel the FT are...

There’s plenty of things stopping me, one of those things being I’m involved in the running of my own local non league club so have more than enough extra curricular football related things going on in my life thank you.

But if you are happy to absolve them from criticism just because only people willing to setup their own fans group can pass  judgement on them,  that’s your prerogative. 

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

There’s plenty of things stopping me, one of those things being I’m involved in the running of my own local non league club so have more than enough extra curricular football related things going on in my life thank you.

But if you are happy to absolve them from criticism just because only people willing to setup their own fans group can pass  judgement on them,  that’s your prerogative. 

Ah yes everyone that's involved in running supporters groups does it full time with no other commitments, how did I forget.

Not sure what you wanted them to do that wasn't "reactionary"? It's not like they were given the heads up. 

Now, the £70 season ticket charge where they were given the heads up before it going public, that's another kettle of fish.

8 hours ago, Webbo said:

I can see why Sky would want to keep the top matches though, it just depends what their cut of the ppv is. 

Apparently they're just getting costs. Obviously I'm not privy to the agreement but that was what was reported as the deal. 

3 hours ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

So can I just cancel Sky Sports and BT Sport, but pay for the individual games? Or do I have to be a subscriber in order to access the PPV? 

Fundamentally I don't mind paying to watch games, because I was paying for my tickets anyway as a member, but I mind being asked to pay over and over for services that don't ultimately allow me to watch the games I care about.

You don't need to be a subscriber, you can just pay for the individual matches on ppv, as they do with the boxing etc. 

6 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ah yes everyone that's involved in running supporters groups does it full time with no other commitments, how did I forget.

Not sure what you wanted them to do that wasn't "reactionary"? It's not like they were given the heads up. 

Now, the £70 season ticket charge where they were given the heads up before it going public, that's another kettle of fish.

Yes, because that’s exactly what I said. Although I’m pretty sure no administrative member of the Foxes Trust play’s a big roll in running a non league club at the same time so very moot point.

Ive already stated what I believe they should of done.

Im not saying they’ve never done a single thing right so dragging up one situation they’ve had a 

positive influence on in their nigh on twenty year history is a bit of a straw man argument.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

On 10/10/2020 at 18:37, Manwell Pablo said:

They don’t have a vote, they, and the rest of the fans organisations with any sort a clout as all, should of released a statement before the vote to try have some influence over it. Instead we will get the usual after time complaining that well more than likely serve no purpose at all. Like most of their actions.

Fans Groups were not informed this vote was taking place.

We had previously talked to LCFC about paying to watch games (as the FSA campaign was not based on free access) but those discussions were based on £10 max (as per the EFL) and about access for Season Ticket Holders & Members (so fans who had committed some money to the club this season). This was one of a number of pro-active conversations we have had with LCFC since season 19/20 was stopped in early March

Edited by Foxes_Trust

24 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Fans Groups were not informed this vote was taking place.

We had previously talked to LCFC about paying to watch games (as the FSA campaign was not based on free access) but those discussions were based on £10 max (as per the EFL) and about access for Season Ticket Holders & Members (so fans who had committed some money to the club this season). This was one of a number of pro-active conversations we have had with LCFC since season 19/20 was stopped in early March

I’m sorry? 

So you did have conversations with the club based around charging fans £10 a game.

With the only PL football club against PPV matches 😂🤦‍♂️

That’s even worse. What are you playing at here??! When I said be pro active I meant stamp out any suggestion that this is acceptable not negotiate the fee.

There’s nothing free about Sky Sports and BT subscriptions already, Christ on a bike. Can you not see this is simply a prelude for what is to come? Of course not as you’ll probably just react to it after it has happened. Again. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Could still be chosen for Box Office...

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Surely every game not selected is on ‘box office’

look out for games that you would expect to see live now on PPV and vica versa ..... 

yep all games not selected for tv coverage will either be on SKY box office or BT box office 

There are 5 PL games currently scheduled for 3pm on Sat 7th November.

I suspect one will stay there and the other four will be shifted around for PPV 

If they haven't sorted those yet, then they won't have done so for Sat 21st so Liverpool-Leicester could well be moved for PPV (it's not been chosen for "normal" Sky or BT that weekend)

Leicester-Fulham won't be played on Sat 28th (so almost certainly on the Sunday) as we're in UEL action on the previous Thursday