Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On The TV 20/21

£15 a game 😂 fvckin disgusting in any climate but especially in this one.

The sooner modern football dies the better. The absolute state of it. They're doing a really great job of encouraging all those fans not to pick up a really easily accessible free high definition stream aren't they..

Cancel sky cancel bt and never pay these soulless corps that have destroyed the beautiful game a penny.

• Like 3

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Bare in mind many paid £70 for a season ticket, for a ticket that we likely won't get to sit in. Why can't that fee be used for some sort of virtual ticket? 

That's separate to be fair. Every club did something different so unless the club decides to do something totally separate and take that cost away from next season's ST then maybe. I very much doubt they'll do that. 

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

I'm sorry £15 a game is an absolute joke on top of Sky/BT subscriptions

Thats obscene. I won't be giving them any of my money for it.

For those who will undoubtedly ask, reddit [dot] soccerstreams [dot] net collates a list of links for each and every game. Download a decent adblocker (I use uBlock Origin) and see what you can find. Just before KO theres usually plenty of options for any PL game, the US/Canadian ones are pretty good quality. Just refresh or switch to a diff link as needed if it freezes.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's separate to be fair. Every club did something different so unless the club decides to do something totally separate and take that cost away from next season's ST then maybe. I very much doubt they'll do that. 

You're correct, but the idea still doesn't feel right. The club's want us to support, yet let every game sit behind up to 2 pay walls.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Bare in mind many paid £70 for a season ticket, for a ticket that we likely won't get to sit in. Why can't that fee be used for some sort of virtual ticket? 

Who actually voted for this?

Was it vote by individual clubs and majority voted for this? Or was it a Premier League decision?

If it was a club by club vote it'd be interesting to see how certain clubs voted, if Leicester voted for it, I think given our £70 invisible season ticket we're well within our rights to question the club.

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Thats obscene. I won't be giving them any of my money for it.

For those who will undoubtedly ask, reddit [dot] soccerstreams [dot] net collates a list of links for each and every game. Download a decent adblocker (I use uBlock Origin) and see what you can find. Just before KO theres usually plenty of options for any PL game, the US/Canadian ones are pretty good quality. Just refresh or switch to a diff link as needed if it freezes.

I agree with everything you've said but streaming football has been a frustrating experience for me in the past with stuttering and buffering and dropping out I've missed goals or even whole half's of football. 

As much as I'm pained to do it I'd rather 0ay the 15 quid and sit back in my arm chair and watch it on a reliable TV station. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Was it vote by individual clubs and majority voted for this? Or was it a Premier League decision?

If it was a club by club vote it'd be interesting to see how certain clubs voted, if Leicester voted for it, I think given our £70 invisible season ticket we're well within our rights to question the club.

I reckon it's a PL decision with Sky/BT and potentially Amazon. 

Doubt clubs have had much say in it. 

• Like 1

Om not too sure I understand this whole scenario.....

So, i have Sky sports. As I'm reading it, I can see the games that sky would be showing anyway as part of my subscription. 

On top of that, if I want to see any game that sky aren't showing, I can pay 15 bucks to do so? 

Is that right? 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Imagine it was sold to the clubs that they would get the money from the ppv takings. 

But don't think it was a vote it was just decided I think. 

• Like 1

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Om not too sure I understand this whole scenario.....

So, i have Sky sports. As I'm reading it, I can see the games that sky would be showing anyway as part of my subscription. 

On top of that, if I want to see any game that sky aren't showing, I can pay 15 bucks to do so? 

Is that right? 

Yeah. If sky or BT don't select it for their slots you have to pay for it on box office. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Genuinely don't know, I'd assume the league given they get profits of the ppv

38 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

This attitude lol Why do people come out with this for anything.

As with everything, people who can afford it will pay it but the whole "like it or lump it" attitude is stupid. They could charge 2k a game and you'd still say "like it or lump it".

The Country is a mess and people can't afford things, even more so in the current climate, but if you can then afford it then okay. But it's more than just "lumping it" for some people.

"Sky is just a business" is such a poor response too. This company probably hasn't been effected by Coronavirus at all. The people have. They could have easily charged £5 a game.

That’s fair enough if you’ve been priced out of this game there are plenty of local clubs who need your support if you want your football fix. 

Just now, goose2010 said:

Yeah. If sky or BT don't select it for their slots you have to pay for it on box office. 

Well, in all honesty then, the only real differance is that there is an option to pay a ridiculous fee to watch it when normally there wouldnt be a choice. 

As it stands, if a game isn't on sky, I either dont watch it or find a stream and now o either don't watch it, find a stream or pay £15 (I wont be).....

I mean, yes, its greedy AF but it only really becomes an issue if they stop picking as many games for TV to try and force PPV... Right? 

I must be getting the wrong end of the stick on this because everyone seems so outraged and I'm not really seeing it as a huge deal!

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I agree with everything you've said but streaming football has been a frustrating experience for me in the past with stuttering and buffering and dropping out I've missed goals or even whole half's of football. 

As much as I'm pained to do it I'd rather 0ay the 15 quid and sit back in my arm chair and watch it on a reliable TV station. 

Its a risk, admittedly, but the buffering/dropouts is infrequent enough for me that I don't mind. Just need to remember not to look at FoxesTalk whilst its on though as its normally 1-2 mins behind lol

Even if I think its expensive I can understand paying for a subscription as you get more out of it than just the one game. But £15 for a single match is ridiculous and not far off some of the cheaper actual match tickets. Even worse: a NowTV sky sports day pass which gets you 24 hours of sports (not just the one game) is only a tenner, so why is a PPV game (with no extras) one-and-a-half times that?

Credit where it's due to the club for voting against it. Insane that there are middling clubs out there who think their fans would actually accept this. What goes on in the heads of officials at Burnley, for example, in thinking their fans would endorse this crap?

• Like 2