Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On The TV 20/21

Just now, Jevans said:

All the tight arses in here will

have to go back to radio Leicester and teletext to follow the game and catch the highlights on match of the day at 2230. 

You gonna pay for us? Help some fellow fans out? 

You seem to be rolling in the cash. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

If that's true (no reason it wouldn't be) thry fair play to us. 

https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1314585749417844741?

In a reply he says apparently Woodward voted in favour despite this, then quotes the JP tweet after that. Going to be some interesting to see what comes out from this...

Edited by Xen

£15 is profiteering from the clubs. Once again they’ve been given a chance to engage with their communities and chosen to rip them off instead.

Also, I’m sure I’m not alone in having split the cost for PPV stuff before with friends. Not really an option at the moment, is it? (And not just because I have no friends)

so if a game is scheduled to be televised on sky i can buy a now tv day pass for £9.99. if its not scheduled, then its £14.95? what sort of madness is that? call me a cynic but watch the now TV day pass price suddenly leap up overnight and sky will say that they have done it to be "fair" to supporters of all clubs who do not have access to satellite broadcasts.

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

so if a game is scheduled to be televised on sky i can buy a now tv day pass for £9.99. if its not scheduled, then its £14.95? what sort of madness is that? call me a cynic but watch the now TV day pass price suddenly leap up overnight and sky will say that they have done it to be "fair" to supporters of all clubs who do not have access to satellite broadcasts.

Yep exactly, said something similar in a post earlier. Even more ridiculous when you point out that the day pass gets you another 22 hours worth of sky sports on top of the match (so potentially triple the football, plus F1/rugby etc), whereas the PPV will just be the single game...

2 hours ago, Peckfortonfox said:

It’s is but I did it for the West Ham game and justified it be thinking I’d be spending a lot more if I was actually going the game.

Given the result I regret my decision 

They can't justify it, but say if you went to a live concert you'd be paying £100 and some, if you watch the video/stream it'd be a fiver, 20%. This lot are charging 70%. Fvckin rip off. It's almost as though they're making a point  by over charging to justify not making pay per view viable because they numbers will be low.

21 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I've always said I'd be happy to pay-per-view if it was £5. That feels like the right amount to me. £15 is not far off the price of a match ticket.

I've always thought that  £100  for half a season of streamed games would be fair, so you could watch every away game if you wanted.

Are these games in addition to what would have been aired or are they going to start dropping a popular game from the normal viewing and then re-arange it to a pay per game viewing?

Edited by yorkie1999

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can't wait for the day it all comes crumbling down, don't care if we're included in it all going bust.

Illegal stream for the Villa game it is!

Isn't that what most of us do anyway?