Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

The club have messed this up, and although they have improved the £70 thing, I'm not interested in going to matches with no atmosphere at match day prices.   If enough people think the same, the club will probably reduce the prices.  Overall, the club get a lot more right than they get wrong (like not increasing ticket prices for years), so it's not something I feel strongly enough about to lose my season ticket over. 

• Like 1

I don't get why it's a big deal this new scheme unless you're not looking to renew long term. The £70 is only for when we get back to full capacity and will be taken off from future season tickets costs should we not get there next season. Its just an advance payment and whilst we are at reduced capacity it's pay as you go. 

I get that it's a lot of money but the club have payment plans to ease the burden if necessary. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

I don't get why it's a big deal this new scheme unless you're not looking to renew long term. The £70 is only for when we get back to full capacity and will be taken off from future season tickets costs should we not get there next season. Its just an advance payment and whilst we are at reduced capacity it's pay as you go. 

I get that it's a lot of money but the club have payment plans to ease the burden if necessary. 

IT's pay as you go a full match day p[rices - yet we are season ticket holders - who are long term and reliable customers and so we normally buy a seasons of games as a discount to match prices.

5 minutes ago, shailen said:

Folk would be moaning if they were charging the full rate!!

14 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

IT's pay as you go a full match day p[rices - yet we are season ticket holders - who are long term and reliable customers and so we normally buy a seasons of games as a discount to match prices.

Yeah I get that but from the clubs perspective they've lost over 66% income assuming capacity is limited to 1/3 for the whole season. Appreciate that each and everyone of us are probably suffering or worse off financially from the covid pandemic but I don't envy the club for implementing tickets at a non discounted price. Our reward for being a season ticket holder is that all of us if we choose to will get the chance to go to a couple of games next season. Its gonna be very tough for non season ticket holders to go at all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

Don’t know we are born.....bottom line is surely if you don’t agree with £70 don’t pay it....been a supporter since 65, took me 3 years of paying match day prices, to get a season ticket two seasons ago, and yes season tickets are great value by comparison, but by comparison to so called bigger clubs we are still good value....I sat in the Chelsea end away 2 years ago £70......which other premier owners would you prefer over ours as a matter of interest?

Why did you pay £70? Away tickets then were capped at £30.

2 hours ago, l444ry said:

The club have held season tickets at the same price for 5 years. No City fan can say hand on heart that this Ownership would deliberately stitch it's fanbase up. Will be interesting to see how other Premier League clubs handle their return to football. Doubt Leicester will be top of the villains list. It's just a damned disaster situation where you can't please everyone. 

Got no problem with a slight increase in ST prices, what I didn't personally agree with was being forced to pay £70 when I have no intention of going to games until we're at near full capacity (especially not at match day prices anyway)

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

Don’t know we are born.....bottom line is surely if you don’t agree with £70 don’t pay it....been a supporter since 65, took me 3 years of paying match day prices, to get a season ticket two seasons ago, and yes season tickets are great value by comparison, but by comparison to so called bigger clubs we are still good value....I sat in the Chelsea end away 2 years ago £70......which other premier owners would you prefer over ours as a matter of interest?

It's this attitude that annoys me, so because I don't agree with it I can't voice my opinion? Paying £70 and getting nothing in return (the original scheme) was ridiculous. This new one is ok for me personally because I won't be going to games paying match day prices.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Since 2016/2017 away tickets have been capped at £30 each. So if you paid more it must have been before then (assuming you bought them from the club themselves).

I paid to go in the Chelsea end as I couldn’t get a ticket in the Leicester end....Vardy’s winner took some serious calmness....

14 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Which is your choice.....pretty sure we have all watched Leicester with the ground half empty.....all of a sudden we aren’t going because the ground isn’t full......but hey we are the most loyal fans......aren’t we?

Plenty more loyal than me (don't let the username fool you), I only go to get pissed and to see my mates. Sitting in a ground with 8000 people while social distancing, probably being forced to wear a mask and paying £40 for the privilege is my idea of hell. However, that's a choice, by not going I won't lose out on anything. The original £70 or lose your ST was different because they're forcing me to pay £70 for something I have no intention of attending.

12 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

I paid to go in the Chelsea end as I couldn’t get a ticket in the Leicester end....Vardy’s winner took some serious calmness....

Oh fair enough, I thought you meant the away end.

30 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

16,000 at the 1-1 draw with Stockport at home in league one......just saying....

It’s not really the attendance people are commenting on when they say “don’t want to go till full capacity” 

it’s the “match day experience” they really mean 

under this reduced capacity you have to turn up at a specific time slot allocated to you prior to kick off, sit where you are told, no singing or chanting, probably wear a mask, all while paying full match day prices 

2 hours ago, shailen said:

will be taken off from future season tickets costs should we not get there

That wasn’t the case until people complained. It was not refundable or transferable to next season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

That wasn’t the case until people complained. It was not refundable or transferable to next season.

Oh right, thanks for the clarification. If that was the case, then that's pretty bad by the club to implement such a policy.

I'd only read their email yesterday so assumed it was always going to be carried forward. Well done to those that complained as that £70 would then have essentially been bribe money. 

So far Juventus, PSG, Leicester City and Man City have contacted Messi's agent. No response yet.
Man City will offer the most salary - £320,000 plus bonuses. 
#transfers #Barca #Juve #PSG #LCFC #ManCity #Messi

Get those £70 fees paid, hot transfer incoming 😂

48 minutes ago, davieG said:

It didn't state anywhere it was non-transferable though. It said it was non refundable, as is still the case.

If we don't reach full capacity this season, then anyone who's paid their £70 and subsequently decides not to renew next season won't get their £70 back. That hasn't changed as far as I can see 

For those that do renew next season in that scenario, it didn't state that the £70 would be credited towards it, but neither did it say that it wouldn't. It probably wouldn't have, but it didn't say that. The wording maybe implied it wouldn't, but equally the lack of any mention of it means some may assume that it would. They've now clarified that it does, so I don't see why people still have a problem with it.

Edited by Snik-Snok

I had a choice, took it and am not complaining....think the club is run better than most in the Premier league....the £70, in my opinion, is a commitment, to a season ticket, that if no payment was made, people could walk away at anytime without penalty.

its up to individuals if they chose to pay it, go to games or not.....and oddly enough, in the league winning season, is at in the Home teams end at Palace, Sunderland, Swansea, Man Utd, WBA,Chelsea....never once complained about what I paid......!

7 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

So far Juventus, PSG, Leicester City and Man City have contacted Messi's agent. No response yet.
Man City will offer the most salary - £320,000 plus bonuses. 
#transfers #Barca #Juve #PSG #LCFC #ManCity #Messi

Get those £70 fees paid, hot transfer incoming 😂

You could see how thrilled he was in that photo when he swapped shirts with Mark Albrighton, I think that might just swing it into our favour!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

I had a choice, took it and am not complaining....think the club is run better than most in the Premier league....the £70, in my opinion, is a commitment, to a season ticket, that if no payment was made, people could walk away at anytime without penalty.

its up to individuals if they chose to pay it, go to games or not.....and oddly enough, in the league winning season, is at in the Home teams end at Palace, Sunderland, Swansea, Man Utd, WBA,Chelsea....never once complained about what I paid......!

congratulations 

11 hours ago, shailen said:

Yeah I get that but from the clubs perspective they've lost over 66% income assuming capacity is limited to 1/3 for the whole season. Appreciate that each and everyone of us are probably suffering or worse off financially from the covid pandemic but I don't envy the club for implementing tickets at a non discounted price. Our reward for being a season ticket holder is that all of us if we choose to will get the chance to go to a couple of games next season. Its gonna be very tough for non season ticket holders to go at all. 

I'd be interested to see what it is actually is. On purely ticket sales, it's more like 45% they've lost. Matchday prices being more expensive than season ticket prices means they are on average making between £10 to £7 per available seat. However that's discounting the game in September we are unlikely to have anyone in. But also excludes the additional games of Europa League (which UEFA's latest move suggests there is a chance of home only reduced crowds) and cup games. 

9 hours ago, Snik-Snok said:

It didn't state anywhere it was non-transferable though. It said it was non refundable, as is still the case.

If we don't reach full capacity this season, then anyone who's paid their £70 and subsequently decides not to renew next season won't get their £70 back. That hasn't changed as far as I can see 

For those that do renew next season in that scenario, it didn't state that the £70 would be credited towards it, but neither did it say that it wouldn't. It probably wouldn't have, but it didn't say that. The wording maybe implied it wouldn't, but equally the lack of any mention of it means some may assume that it would. They've now clarified that it does, so I don't see why people still have a problem with it.

Which given the likes of shielding for some......