Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

There are a lot of folk on these boards who have no faith in the owner/chairman or the club. Remember we have the best owner of a football club not just in the EPL but the world. I trust the club implicitly.

Agree regarding the Owners, one million percent. But Top won’t get into the detail of every decision that the club makes, it’ll be done by various Exec’s. Especially with what is going on with all of his business interests he might not even be aware of the ST situation.

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

There are a lot of folk on these boards who have no faith in the owner/chairman or the club. Remember we have the best owner of a football club not just in the EPL but the world. I trust the club implicitly.

Yet despite all their time here the ticket office has on large been an continuing farce. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

I hope they don't wait until the last home game of the season before having 23000 / full capacity so everyone loses their deposit for the season after and the last match would  cost £90-£100 . 

Well if that happened the club would owe us money. 

Great that Jim had those calls with people, and seems like they are listening, but one phrase there was that they wanted a financial commitment from fans ahead of this season...why!? We made one last season and weren't able to go to all of the games due to covid (money refunded), these are unusual times. If you scrapped membership and ST fees this season and just deferred everyone to 2021/22 then what would be the issue? A small handful would be able to enter ballots when they hadn't planned renewing and some may not be able to commit to buying the ticket once full ST capacity is permitted, doesn't seem like a major negative.

Be interesting to see how other clubs approach this. Just seems cleaner and easier to defer ST/membership until 2021/22, and treat whatever this season looks like as a one-off. Would allow those shielding to get their ST next season if they don't feel safe attending this season too.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can’t wait for the 21/22 season ticket price increase. Club cite financial pressures caused by Covid. The £70 pound we all thought was getting nabbed off the price just gets swolled up there 

By some of the responses I'm seeing on twitter, people would pay it. I saw one person calling another "plastic" because he didn't agree with paying £70.

I don't know why people get on their high horse and bring the owners in either "look what they've done for us". Top probably has no clue about this.

26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

By some of the responses I'm seeing on twitter, people would pay it. I saw one person calling another "plastic" because he didn't agree with paying £70.

I don't know why people get on their high horse and bring the owners in either "look what they've done for us". Top probably has no clue about this.

I actually have found that aspect of it super depressing. Clubs will continue to do it because so many fans are blinded and will just go along with it. Easy response is - where is the line? Everyone has one. If they'd asked for £400 up front would that have been ok? Double ST prices? As has been shown in this thread, it is perfectly possible to love our owners and disagree with some of the club's decisions. The fact that so many fans will blindly pay whatever club tell them to is even more reason for the people who make these decisions to do so responsibly, because judging by some of the responses I have seen they should have just asked for loads more money.

• Like 3

Another thought this morning. 

I see lots of people on social media referring to the handouts done by the club and this is something worth giving back (£70). 

26k ST at £70 is £1.82 million. 

If we say clappers are 50p a pop, that’s a cost of £266k across an entire season. 

If we say 2 home giveaways at £2 per item, that’s another £112k. 

If we say 2 away giveaways at £4 per item (normally scarves, caps or something else), that’s £24k. 

That’s about £400k - my larger point if we have a season of no give aways, that’s £57 per season ticket ‘deposit’ rather than £70. I’ve had long arguments before about how I don’t care for the handouts and I’d rather have the money off the price of a ticket. 

Additionally my maths suggests that the club will be making about 50% of their normal matchday costs if we have crowds of 8k at £35 compared to 26k at £20. Very rough. 

Worthless musings you may think but the claims of ‘hard times’ are nonsense. The only hard times are those of our fans who’ve been unfortunate enough to get bad news thanks to Covid 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

31 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The use of the owners is bullshit for two reasons

a) very unlikely they have had any input in this 

b) there will be a good chunk of the current season ticket holders who had STs before the current owners. Their ‘loyalty’ extends beyond a set of owners who equally have boosted their profile / success of their brand in the purchase of the club

It’s nothing to do with the owners - just simply an unfair abuse of people’s loyalty. 

• Like 3

I have just paid £200 for 2 adults and 2 u16 last year my Bill for the whole season was a grand so I have paid a 20% of that bill for basically the right to keep my tickets

im a little shocked at the greed here ! The club take millions from the TV people and looking to skim money off loyal fans !

i might never get to a game and will have paid £200 for the right ! 

if we get to 8 games at full price it’s Basically the full cost of my season ticket for half the games ! 

it’s a shocking poor system and a total rip off 

• Like 2

It's finding a balance and what works for you.

I think 21,000 of the 23,000 minimum will renew, now that the club have clarified the £70 is protected and will at some stage be taken of a ST value, albeit this season or next. I also think the club will be able to sell the 7500 seats at match day prices.

It's a shame that those will be people going regularly that can afford to rather than the average fan who lives month to month and cannot afford/justify paying 80% increases and higher on match tickets but that is the decision the club has decided to make.

Edit: But if you feel strongly please email the club and have your say. It's the only way this is going to get across as renewals keep going up the club are firmly in the belief their strategy is correct.

Edited by Yes N'Didi

15 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There's zero solidarity within the fan base which is why the suggestion of a boycott would never ever work. 

As long as your ticket is covered and you can afford it, fvck everyone else. Anyone who can't pay it or doesn't want to pay it hates the club and is uGrAtEfUlL. Unfortunately for every person that's willing to stand up to something they feel isn't right, there's 50 people waiting in the wings for a season ticket, wallet stuffed with cash ready to throw as much money at the club as they ask for. 

Then supporters in England wonder why we get trampled all over by government, broadcasters and the media lol 

Absolutely this. It's the "I'm ok, f everyone else" vibe that is most depressing. Eventually there is a line we all fall below, it's important to care for those that do at this stage.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

Community Minded then?

This after so many donated their 19/20 ST refund to the The Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation

I gave £200 to it Davie (£197) and now getting stung for another £200 for little or nothing in return, doesn’t sit well with me to be honest 😕

• Like 4

I have kept well out of this, because I really feel that loyalty has been taken for granted here, but at the same time I don't like the entitlement of some (not all, by any stretch) who have been able to not notice the prices we ordinary match-goers have had to pay for some time. 

It's difficult.

• Like 1