Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

9 hours ago, lcfc48 said:

As if this whole thing wasn't bad enough, I'm now being told by the ticket office that they're taking my season ticket off me!!! :@

I have two season tickets with the second one in my wife's name, however she doesn't use it herself, particularly now that we've got two young kids - so I use my second ticket to go with a friends or family. I contacted Jim initially with regards to season ticket holders names being printed on match tickets and ID needing to be shown etc. to see how I could attend with someone other than my wife. I did understand my predicament and sympathised but apologised saying that it couldn't be done due to track and trace regulations and one thing or another.

I've since gone to renew my two season tickets online and it wouldn't allow me to assign the second one in my wife's name. I've contacted the ticket office to find out why it was coming up with an error and they've told me that in relation to my conversation with Jim and the fact my wife won't be using the ticket herself, they won't allow me to renew it and it will be put back into a pot for someone on the waiting list to purchase instead!!!

Absolutely ludicrous.

This don’t surprise me, I know Jim gets a lot of praise on here but the few conversations I have had with him have not be fruitful for me about a few situations as I have later found out I had been told wrong information by him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

18,801 renewed, 81.74% with 1,361 so far since yesterday

I renewed this morning. No other option; I don't wanna lose it. 

Whether I apply for ballot tickets or not is another matter.

• Like 3

I've renewed, left it's as late as I could (the website will probably crash if everyon waits till the last day). Still pissed off at the club but I am not giving up a seat I've held for 18 years. I'll pay the 70 quid, probably wont bother with the ballot shit at matchday prices. Hopefully it reverts to full capacity sooner rather than later. I doubt I will go till it is prorata prices.

• Like 1

I dont know why people are p!ssed off with the club over this.

No matter what they do they will get critisised  over something which is just out of the ordinary.

Be interesting  to see what other clubs are doing. 

I've renewed my ST but I do t really want to go to a quarter full stadium. For me it's all about the atmosphere and bantz,football comes second!!!

10 minutes ago, Raj said:

You might not understand, but it is fairly obvious to me why they are - they're being taken for granted, and unfortunately, the club whilst doing the wrong thing morally (in my eyes) is doing the right thing, because it's working.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

You might not understand, but it is fairly obvious to me why they are - they're being taken for granted, and unfortunately, the club whilst doing the wrong thing morally (in my eyes) is doing the right thing, because it's working.

Its working because of the nature of football. Any other business and I and many others would be going elsewhere. Sadly you can't easily desert a club you have supported for 30 odd years. As such you begrudgingly pay 70 quid to to retain your ticket, the only other  choice is losing your ticket.  The club are clever they know that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Because this 'Scheme' is a steaming terd. They wouldn't be criticised if they came up with a less shit scheme. The  £70 offset against future tickets is about tolerable, the matchday pricing (with booking fee)for a diminished product is absolute bullshit.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Its working because of the nature of football. Any other business and I and many others would be going elsewhere. Sadly you can't easily desert a club you have supported for 30 odd years. As such you begrudgingly pay 70 quid to to retain your ticket, the only other  choice is losing your ticket.  The club are clever they know that. 

Yes, you've essentially agreed with me. The elephant in the room is the fact that we're mugs for forming such an attachment to a business. Hate to say it, but we are.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

That's the whole point.

My point was I never formed a bond or attachment to a business.

Thats what a club may be now. But it wasn't once upon a time or at least not to the modern day extent I formed a bond to a half empty filbert st and mediocre route 1 football. Lovely wasn't it. 

I still struggle to see how top signed this off for the sake of a million quid or so that lasts about a 4 days in the clubs bank. And if he didn't im shocked he hasn't told those that did to back down.

Maybe he's trying to prove he's ruthless. But I will eventually this weekend part with my money. But you won't see me rushing to a 1/3 full stadium. Once upon a time at filbo that was a joy. But like every aspect of modern day football it's generally took a turn for the worst.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

My point was I never formed a bond or attachment to a business.

Thats what a club may be now. But it wasn't once upon a time or at least not to the modern day extent I formed a bond to a half empty filbert st and mediocre route 1 football. Lovely wasn't it. 

I still struggle to see how top signed this off for the sake of a million quid or so that lasts about a 4 days in the clubs bank. And if he didn't im shocked he hasn't told those that did to back down.

Maybe he's trying to prove he's ruthless. But I will eventually this weekend part with my money. But you won't see me rushing to a 1/3 full stadium. Once upon a time at filbo that was a joy. But like every aspect of modern day football it's generally took a turn for the worst.

No I see all of that. I don't disagree, how could I? I could make a much wider point about government/business/society working in a similar way but I don't want a ban for misdirection.

2 hours ago, Raj said:

No matter what they do they will get critisised  over something which is just out of the ordinary.

Be interesting  to see what other clubs are doing. 

I've renewed my ST but I do t really want to go to a quarter full stadium. For me it's all about the atmosphere and bantz,football comes second!!!

Arsenal

https://www.arsenal.com/news/202021-season-tickets-and-reduced-capacity-games

same as us apart from the £70 is replaced with £200 to £400 for ST and it’s possible to defer free of charge to next season

Aston Villa 

no information released

Brighton 

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1755228/return-of-fans-round-up/

The club will provide a full opt out to any season-ticket holder who is deemed to be clinically extremely vulnerable, as per the guidelines issued by the government.

For those paying by the monthly payment scheme, season-ticket payments would be halted after six months. Those payments would be converted into a credit balance, and that balanced used to pay for match tickets (charged at 1/19th of the season-ticket prices) and any remaining balance used as a deposit towards next season’s season-ticket; or refunded at that point if the holder doesn’t renew.

Fans will automatically be entered into EVERY match ballot, and each match will be subject to a fresh ballot (eg – if you are successful in one, you are NOT ruled out of the next).

Burnley

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/club/covid-19---coronavirus/

Direct debit payments for the 2020/2021 season will continue to be scheduled as normal. In the event that the Premier League confirm any changes to the status of the 2020/2021 season the club will take action accordingly. Any supporters who wish to cancel their 2020/2021 direct debit season tickets may do so, and the club will waive any cancellation costs.

Chelsea

no information released

Crystal Palace

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/crystal-palace-confirm-202021-season-ticket-process/

No ballot, games randomly allocated 

All Season Tickets can be purchased in one up-front payment immediately, or split over equal monthly payments with our finance partner V12 from 3 September (the V12 monthly route incurs interest at a rate of 6.25%)

Supporters who are shielding can make a payment of £200 which will hold their Season Ticket seat to renew for 21/22 – available until 23:59 on 11thSeptember 

Everton

No information released 

Fulham

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/august/2020-21-Season-Update/

Existing Season Ticket Holders are advised that whilst they will be unable to renew at this time, their current season ticket seats will not be lost for any future renewals, when they again become available.

the limited number of match tickets which will be available at each home game will be sold via a balloting process, with 19/20 Season Ticket Holders initially provided with priority to enter. 

Leeds united

No information released 

Liverpool

no information released 

Man City 

https://www.mancity.com/news/club/2020-21-preparations-continue-63733617

No upfront financial commitment for the coming season. 

We understand some supporters may not wish to, or be able, return to the stadium immediately, or at any time during the 20/21 season. If that is the case, you do not need to contact the Club and we will consider your seasonal membership ‘deferred’. Please note, you will retain the option to renew your Seasoncard for the 21/22 season or at any such time that we may offer Seasoncards during the 20/21 season.

Man Utd 

no information Released 

Newcastle

https://book.nufc.co.uk/subscriptions

no information released yet

Sheffield Utd

No information released 

Southampton

refunds wasn’t processed from last season but was awarded as Pro-Rata Credit, ballot will be used but no more details released about it 

Existing Season Ticket holders for the 2019/20 season can choose from the following four options:

• Renew your Season Ticket using the pro-rata credit on your account and receive a £35 voucher as an extra thank you for your commitment, as well as the comfort of The Saints Promise.
• Retain the pro-rata credit on your account for the 2020/21 season. If you do not purchase a Season Ticket during the renewal window, the credit will remain on your account – with an additional £10 added to it – until 31st May 2022, for use against Official Membership, home Premier League games and other selected stadium events.
• Donate your pro-rata credit to Saints Foundation. For each donation made, the club will add an additional £10. This does not affect your rights to still renew your 2020/21 Season Ticket at the full renewal price.
• Have your pro-rata credit refunded to you. Please note, these refunds will be processed in batches from August.

Spurs

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2020/july/update-202021-season-ticket-renewals/

20% initial payment, ballot will be used

West Brom 

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/202021-season-tickets-update

Ballot will be used, no ST renewals, if ST brought under early bird scheme, you transfer to next season or get a refund 

West Ham

https://www.seasontickets.whufc.com/options

Ballot will be used 

3 options 

renew full price up front and enter ballot 

renew full price up front and transfer to friend or family for the season or part of

pay 30% to retain and not attend till full capacity 

Wolves

no information released 

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

This don’t surprise me, I know Jim gets a lot of praise on here but the few conversations I have had with him have not be fruitful for me about a few situations as I have later found out I had been told wrong information by him

Same, Jim isn't as good as he is made out to be... ran into an issue with him myself too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lcfc48 said:

I wasn't actually aware until seeing it mentioned on here recently that you couldn't use the ticket for someone else. If I knew that and was deliberately "getting away with it", it would be stupid to admit it.

I do see both sides of the argument - the rule does need to be in place to some extent to stop touts or whoever reselling tickets on. However in my circumstance, I'm just attending with my father or brother etc. rather than being tied down to going with the same person each game. To have my season ticket taken away immediately for acting in good faith (albeit technically and unknowingly against the regulations), was what I found ludicrous.

Anyway, after a good conversation with the ticket office explaining the exact circumstances and the misunderstanding etc., all's well that ends well :thumbup:

So did you manage to get your season ticket back? I really hope you did!

14 hours ago, lcfc48 said:

I appreciate the need to try and prevent touts or whoever purchasing season tickets and flogging them on for profit etc., however that is not the case in my instance. I use my own ticket and attend with friends or family. Maybe if the club came up with an official  resale process, (which I seem to recall them announcing a couple of seasons ago but never actually releasing anything), that may help prevent such scenarios.

I have therefore gone back to the ticket office and asked them to allow me to renew both tickets and advise of a process to legitimately transfer the second ticket to friends/family on the occasions my wife is unable to attend. 

I am completely on your side, empathise and sympathise with you however there is the resale process which was introduced at the start of last season, you should have used that instead mate.

14 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

Yeah I've done this in the past. Got a rebate of £23.40 odd after the game had passed (providing it was sold). I couldn't attend another so I did the right thing again and sold it back to the club. Curiosity got the better of me so the next day I went online to see how much my seat was going for. Sure enough, the club were selling it for £41!

I've done the same myself many times last season due to not being able to attend due to my health.

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Fulham

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/august/2020-21-Season-Update/

Existing Season Ticket Holders are advised that whilst they will be unable to renew at this time, their current season ticket seats will not be lost for any future renewals, when they again become available.

the limited number of match tickets which will be available at each home game will be sold via a balloting process, with 19/20 Season Ticket Holders initially provided with priority to enter.

Fulham appear to have the best and most simplistic scheme.