Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

Guest Markyblue
19 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah exactly this, there is no official waiting list 

There isn't but there are plenty who would buy if available. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

For what I was told at weekend, club don’t give a fcuk cos they have 10k on the ST waiting list 

They are essentially spread betting. They know they have circa 7500 seats to fill in the short term. They already have 15000 ST renewals and they think that the majority will apply for match tickets every match (I don't think they will).

They are also waiting to see how many members they get renew out of their 10000 LY to see if they have "space" to open up to new members. If they only have 5000 renew, they will sell more.

Even if they get an average of 300 ST renewals a day until the deadline, they are still sat on 17500 ST and probably at least 5000 members, so realistically they will sell all 7500 seats at matchday prices, whoever buys them.

Of course, they should really be writing out and contacting STH who haven't renewed who may not be as well versed on modern social channels and would probably only respond to a letter.

Guest Markyblue
Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah. There is absolutely zero chance of us not selling out the season tickets, hence why the club can just do whatever they want. Don't like it? Not a proper fan.

Yes ive paid up this morning but told them i dont want to go in the ballot for games.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

The 'waiting list' is the Membership scheme as far as I'm aware. Not all members want season tickets. 

I think this is true, we (Celtic) apparently have a 17k people on the waiting list but I'd be amazed if we ever or anywhere near consistently sold 70k season tickets per season, hence why we've not made the ground bigger again.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

1 hour ago, happy85 said:

10k waiting list . I’m shocked to hear this 

Extension on KP is a no brainier then

Not quite as much as previously when stadium expansion started becoming a bit more of a real thing. 

With no idea when full capacity games can be achieved again, it's sensible for the expansion to be put on hold, regardless of how many STHs there are, either active or on the waiting list. It'd be silly to expand, spend all that money at the moment, when stands are going to be partially full at best for the several months. 

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not quite as much as previously when stadium expansion started becoming a bit more of a real thing. 

With no idea when full capacity games can be achieved again, it's sensible for the expansion to be put on hold, regardless of how many STHs there are, either active or on the waiting list. It'd be silly to expand, spend all that money at the moment, when stands are going to be partially full at best for the several months. 

Surely this is the best time to do it supporter wise as it will be the least inconvenience way for both fans and club but it is certainly the worst time to do it from a monetary perspective 

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Surely this is the best time to do it supporter wise as it will be the least inconvenience way for both fans and club but it is certainly the worst time to do it from a monetary perspective 

Isn't the plan to build around the back and up and over the existing East Stand?? Probably won't be much inconvenience for fans apart from having to walk through a building site. 

49 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It'll probably take 6-12 months to get the ok to proceed.

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

For what I was told at weekend, club don’t give a fcuk cos they have 10k on the ST waiting list 

Not that that matters.

Doesn't matter if you renew or not, the club aren't selling any season tickets that have not been renewed this season. Weren't too happy with that as I thought one of my rodents had a shout this season with the membership points we've accumulated

Many seasonnticket holders are older.  Young people in general dint make the commitment to go to 20 home games. 

However... this means that the reaction of more elderly season ticket holders may be cautious.  

When something shakes up society we see sudden changes that would have happened over the next 10 years coming to pass in just a few months.... online shopping... working from home... remote uni education... masks... social distancing 

Now is the time for the pl to bring in pay per view for all games.... scrap the strange 3pm sat rule.

Even with these changes there will be many who want to go to live football (like me)... it's just that I dont know how high the demmand will be

Edited by foxinsocks

20 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Not that that matters.

Doesn't matter if you renew or not, the club aren't selling any season tickets that have not been renewed this season. Weren't too happy with that as I thought one of my rodents had a shout this season with the membership points we've accumulated

If you fail to pay £70, you lose any right to a season ticket for 21/22. 

Those in the membership scheme will be first in line for those season tickets. 

This is from someone who called the club at the weekend - asked what they thought of the criticism and literally a ticket officer member of staff said 'it doesn't matter we have 10,000 waiting for a season ticket'. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Where is this written down sorry? 

I’m a Member with a high number of Priority Points. Will I still have a chance to buy a Season Ticket?

For 2020/21, new Season Ticket applications will not be accepted. However, other than those gained for renewing a Season Ticket or Membership, Priority Points will be frozen for the 2020/21 season, so you will retain your position in the queue once new Season Ticket applications are being accepted in future.

https://tickets.lcfc.com/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=custom/documents/html/reducedcapacity.html

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If you fail to pay £70, you lose any right to a season ticket for 21/22. 

Those in the membership scheme will be first in line for those season tickets. 

This is from someone who called the club at the weekend - asked what they thought of the criticism and literally a ticket officer member of staff said 'it doesn't matter we have 10,000 waiting for a season ticket'. 

If that's the clubs attitude and not just a member of staff view then that is shocking, This ST fiasco has put LCFC in a new light of greediness and couldn't care less about the well being of it's fans. The whole 'Caring Community' starts to come across as false.

26 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I’m a Member with a high number of Priority Points. Will I still have a chance to buy a Season Ticket?

For 2020/21, new Season Ticket applications will not be accepted. However, other than those gained for renewing a Season Ticket or Membership, Priority Points will be frozen for the 2020/21 season, so you will retain your position in the queue once new Season Ticket applications are being accepted in future.

https://tickets.lcfc.com/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=custom/documents/html/reducedcapacity.html

So there was no point in renewing the kids memberships this season or attending any games if we are successful in the ballot as they will mean diddly squat in the grand scheme of points. They've got this horribly wrong

15 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

So there was no point in renewing the kids memberships this season or attending any games if we are successful in the ballot as they will mean diddly squat in the grand scheme of points. They've got this horribly wrong

You'll be allocated points for renewing the membership but not points per ticket purchased. So at the start of next season the points priority position for members will be as it is now, so it is worth renewing.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

If that's the clubs attitude and not just a member of staff view then that is shocking, This ST fiasco has put LCFC in a new light of greediness and couldn't care less about the well being of it's fans. The whole 'Caring Community' starts to come across as false.

Whether it's a shocking level of customer care from a member of staff or the actual attitude of the club is irrelevent.

It's absolutely true.

The reaction and tour de force to get the amendment to the scheme was absolutely brilliant, but it all comes down to this, really. The £70 was never going to go, because for every one person who didn't pay it, five or six will be happy to take their place.

Whilst you have that power, you can, frankly, have that attitude. I've said it before, the club's commercial focus means it has no interest in single-seat season ticket holders or people who turn up five mins before, leave straight after and purchase no programme, merch, snacks or drinks. It has a captive audience whilst it offers high-level Premier League football.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Whether it's a shocking level of customer care from a member of staff or the actual attitude of the club is irrelevent.

It's absolutely true.

The reaction and tour de force to get the amendment to the scheme was absolutely brilliant, but it all comes down to this, really. The £70 was never going to go, because for every one person who didn't pay it, five or six will be happy to take their place.

Whilst you have that power, you can, frankly, have that attitude. I've said it before, the club's commercial focus means it has no interest in single-seat season ticket holders or people who turn up five mins before, leave straight after and purchase no programme, merch, snacks or drinks. It has a captive audience whilst it offers high-level Premier League football.

You could tell that from the questionnaire we had about the expansion. It was almost solely related to what you would be prepared to pay extra for. I found little or no aspect of it that I could relate to, although a ST holder I just want to turn up 10mins before and leave at the final whistle. I'm just there for the football.

• Like 4

We are a business.......profits are a necessary part of success, paying customers do contribute to it, and the product, if all the people awaiting to pick a season ticket up are actually there, would suggest it is both working and priced well....football supporters often overlook these simple facts.....

25 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

We are a business.......profits are a necessary part of success, paying customers do contribute to it, and the product, if all the people awaiting to pick a season ticket up are actually there, would suggest it is both working and priced well....football supporters often overlook these simple facts.....

It's not proof that it's priced well it's proof that it stinks of a form of blackmail pay the £70 (originally not refundable) or lose your ST for 21/22 Season. It may be a business but it's not a Supermarket we can't take our business elsewhere, we're a captive audience many with decades of support and that should be taken into account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

It's working because Leicester are currently successful on the pitch and therefore there's a greater demand for tickets. Moves like this mean they'll just piss off the kind of people ("customers") who might still turn up when eventually we're not as good as we are now. Piss off those people enough long term, to the extent where they give up on being matchgoing fans because they feel betrayed and taken advantage of by the club they support, and it doesn't look like such a great move for the "business"...