Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

As if this whole thing wasn't bad enough, I'm now being told by the ticket office that they're taking my season ticket off me!!! :@

I have two season tickets with the second one in my wife's name, however she doesn't use it herself, particularly now that we've got two young kids - so I use my second ticket to go with a friends or family. I contacted Jim initially with regards to season ticket holders names being printed on match tickets and ID needing to be shown etc. to see how I could attend with someone other than my wife. I did understand my predicament and sympathised but apologised saying that it couldn't be done due to track and trace regulations and one thing or another.

I've since gone to renew my two season tickets online and it wouldn't allow me to assign the second one in my wife's name. I've contacted the ticket office to find out why it was coming up with an error and they've told me that in relation to my conversation with Jim and the fact my wife won't be using the ticket herself, they won't allow me to renew it and it will be put back into a pot for someone on the waiting list to purchase instead!!!

Absolutely ludicrous.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, lcfc48 said:

As if this whole thing wasn't bad enough, I'm now being told by the ticket office that they're taking my season ticket off me!!! :@

I have two season tickets with the second one in my wife's name, however she doesn't use it herself, particularly now that we've got two young kids - so I use my second ticket to go with a friends or family. I contacted Jim initially with regards to season ticket holders names being printed on match tickets and ID needing to be shown etc. to see how I could attend with someone other than my wife. I did understand my predicament and sympathised but apologised saying that it couldn't be done due to track and trace regulations and one thing or another.

I've since gone to renew my two season tickets online and it wouldn't allow me to assign the second one in my wife's name. I've contacted the ticket office to find out why it was coming up with an error and they've told me that in relation to my conversation with Jim and the fact my wife won't be using the ticket herself, they won't allow me to renew it and it will be put back into a pot for someone on the waiting list to purchase instead!!!

Absolutely ludicrous.

You have my sympathies mate, you shouldn't have ever told them that. Tell them that your wife will be going now, you've sorted out childcare? They'll be watching the ST like a hawk from now on though, especially for the next season or two (if you do manage to get it renewed).

The football club aren't your friend, a lot of fans need to remember that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You have my sympathies mate, you shouldn't have ever told them that. Tell them that your wife will be going now, you've sorted out childcare? They'll be watching the ST like a hawk from now on though, especially for the next season or two (if you do manage to get it renewed).

There's me thinking I'm doing the right, honest thing and asking them if/how it could be done legitimately rather than just chancing it and potentially getting turned away at the gates, and they've completely shafted me. I did go back initially arguing it but they're standing firm. But yeah my next response will be "ok fine, renew them and I'll make sure my wife uses the ticket".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Liverpool have suspended selling their season tickets and are planning to sell on a match by match basis. Will be reviewed at the end of the year. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54018069

Yeah but they're one of the richest clubs in the world, so they can afford not to charge £70 just to be in with a chance of getting a ticket, so it's okay.

think that's the corporate line, anyway?

13 minutes ago, lcfc48 said:

Absolutely ludicrous.

:o That is terrible. Why such draconian measures, why not just tell you nobody else should use the ticket, and leave it at that?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, lcfc48 said:

Absolutely ludicrous.

To be fair, you shouldn't have said anything. 

It might seem over the top but if she doesn't go, you could be touting that season ticket out, you can change it for other seats in the ground and sell them on at inflated prices too etc. Plus if she can't go it's not fair on the next in line, say members who have been trying hard and spending money earning priority yet have hit a sealing because this goes on. 

My sympathies to the guy who brought two seasons tickets with one going to his wife, but you need to look at it from their point of view.  If I could buy 2,3 or more season tickets and without checks, line they used to do, I could be selling each games ticket value at a profit.

So to make it fair for fans who can't get s ticket or first time fans these rules need to be in place.

When we were not so good, it was ease for new comers to be introduced to lcfc.  It's much harder now right.......

39 minutes ago, lcfc48 said:

Absolutely ludicrous.

I mean that's shit they've enforced it but it's very much common knowledge that tickets are non-transferable, it's been that way the best part of 30 years. Possibly should have been a bit more wily about the situation tbh. 

7 minutes ago, Japanfox said:

My sympathies to the guy who brought two seasons tickets with one going to his wife, but you need to look at it from their point of view.  If I could buy 2,3 or more season tickets and without checks, line they used to do, I could be selling each games ticket value at a profit.

So to make it fair for fans who can't get s ticket or first time fans these rules need to be in place.

When we were not so good, it was ease for new comers to be introduced to lcfc.  It's much harder now right.......

There does seem to be an exclusion to this rule or at least there used to be and I'm sure it must still exist.

A company I used to work at purchased 4 STs every year that were then balloted amongst the employees so there could and was any 4 people using them. I'm sure this sort of thing must still exist.

As an aside I used to get one nearly every week because no one else wanted them because we were so bad, they ended up packing the whole scheme in as i had 3/4 tickets to choose from lol Had to start paying to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davieG said:

There does seem to be an exclusion to this rule or at least there used to be and I'm sure it must still exist.

A company I used to work at purchased 4 STs every year that were then balloted amongst the employees so there could and was any 4 people using them. I'm sure this sort of thing must still exist.

As an aside I used to get one nearly every week because no one else wanted them because we were so bad, they ended up packing the whole scheme in as i had 3/4 tickets to choose from lol Had to start paying to go.

Yes my company still has quite a few season tickets that are given out to employees to use, people can put their names in a hat and get chosen at random

I appreciate the need to try and prevent touts or whoever purchasing season tickets and flogging them on for profit etc., however that is not the case in my instance. I use my own ticket and attend with friends or family. Maybe if the club came up with an official  resale process, (which I seem to recall them announcing a couple of seasons ago but never actually releasing anything), that may help prevent such scenarios.

I have therefore gone back to the ticket office and asked them to allow me to renew both tickets and advise of a process to legitimately transfer the second ticket to friends/family on the occasions my wife is unable to attend. 

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes my company still has quite a few season tickets that are given out to employees to use, people can put their names in a hat and get chosen at random

Out of interest, who's names are those tickets in? One of the replies I received from the ticket office stated:

"Season Tickets are individual and they can only have a sole owner, the named Season Ticket holder, they cannot be transferred and they cannot be used by someone else".

So presumably the tickets must be in individual names and not all under the company's name, and therefore anyone else using them is strictly forbidden.

8 minutes ago, lcfc48 said:

I appreciate the need to try and prevent touts or whoever purchasing season tickets and flogging them on for profit etc., however that is not the case in my instance. I use my own ticket and attend with friends or family. Maybe if the club came up with an official  resale process, (which I seem to recall them announcing a couple of seasons ago but never actually releasing anything), that may help prevent such scenarios.

I have therefore gone back to the ticket office and asked them to allow me to renew both tickets and advise of a process to legitimately transfer the second ticket to friends/family on the occasions my wife is unable to attend. 

Hopefully you get it sorted. Lets see what they come back with.

Don't forget my suggestion of marrying the person who end up next to you. You will think of this if its an absolute stunner. Or not so much if it ends up a sweaty bloke lol 

2 minutes ago, lcfc48 said:

Out of interest, who's names are those tickets in? One of the replies I received from the ticket office stated:

"Season Tickets are individual and they can only have a sole owner, the named Season Ticket holder, they cannot be transferred and they cannot be used by someone else".

So presumably the tickets must be in individual names and not all under the company's name, and therefore anyone else using them is strictly forbidden.

It's been a while since I used one personally so I can't remember whose name was on them, pretty sure it was an individual rather than the company name though, yes

11 minutes ago, lcfc48 said:

The Companies name would be on the ticket and I'd guess these days they'd have to keep a record of who used them. But it does seem like one rule for business clients and one rule for regular ST holders.

I go with my son and occasionally if not well or whatever one of use can't go we pass it to family or friends but we always go to the external ticket collection place near the ticket office and register it / pay the difference. I'm not sure if there's a limit on this.

Someone did post a few days ago that they got the club to sell theirs on and got a rebate with the club selling the ticket on at Matchday prices.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

My mate got caught out like this. Couldn't attend a game so he went to ticket office to move it for a friend who purchased it from him. Club nearly took his season ticket off him there and then when they heard he'd sold it on (at face value might I add). Had to have a face to face meeting and was told his seat will be monitored now to see if he is using it. One foot out of line and its gone

23 minutes ago, lcfc48 said:

Again, another friend in this situation. Under no circumstances would they transfer the season ticket holder over. Whoever is taking it on will need to start from scratch and apply for one if/when they become available

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

The Companies name would be on the ticket and I'd guess these days they'd have to keep a record of who used them. But it does seem like one rule for business clients and one rule for regular ST holders.

I go with my son and occasionally if not well or whatever one of use can't go we pass it to family or friends but we always go to the external ticket collection place near the ticket office and register it / pay the difference. I'm not sure if there's a limit on this.

Someone did post a few days ago that they got the club to sell theirs on and got a rebate with the club selling the ticket on at Matchday prices.

Yeah I've done this in the past. Got a rebate of £23.40 odd after the game had passed (providing it was sold). I couldn't attend another so I did the right thing again and sold it back to the club. Curiosity got the better of me so the next day I went online to see how much my seat was going for. Sure enough, the club were selling it for £41!

• Like 1

Just now, snoopy87 said:

Yeah I've done this in the past. Got a rebate of £23.40 odd after the game had passed (providing it was sold). I couldn't attend another so I did the right thing again and sold it back to the club. Curiosity got the better of me so the next day I went online to see how much my seat was going for. Sure enough, the club were selling it for £41!

Which makes you wonder why this is not more widely known? Everyone benefits.

3 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Again, another friend in this situation. Under no circumstances would they transfer the season ticket holder over. Whoever is taking it on will need to start from scratch and apply for one if/when they become available

No, they won't transfer the season ticket to another holder but they will apparently do it on an individual match basis according to one of the responses I got from them:

"If someone is unable to attend a match due to illness or being on holiday that is perfectly fine and understandable as long as it is for a very limited number of fixtures, supporters tend to let us know when this is the case and we make the appropriate accommodations for this."