Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GDesign_JRC

Jonathan Ikoné

10 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I see Sarr is on his way to Chelsea for nothing mate. 

still reckon a double swoop on AZ for stengs and the striker is the one. 

Cannot understand why a player like Sarr would want to go amd be 5th choice at Chelsea, we've missed a trick here. He would be the answer to our left sided back 3 problems and then free us up to spend more dough out wide and in attack. We never seem to exploit the free transfer market anymore, wonder if its due to us not being good negotiators with foreign agents?

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Cannot understand why a player like Sarr would want to go amd be 5th choice at Chelsea, we've missed a trick here. He would be the answer to our left sided back 3 problems and then free us up to spend more dough out wide and in attack. We never seem to exploit the free transfer market anymore, wonder if its due to us not being good negotiators with foreign agents?

£££

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The club is run by dodgy Russians with access to funds all over the world . Doesn’t take a genius....

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

£££

I don't see Chelsea paying him that highly, not as a 5th choice defender. Probably offered him £60k a week which we would likely offer, especially to a player worth £15-20m who we'd be getting on a free transfer. 

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't see Chelsea paying him that highly, not as a 5th choice defender. Probably offered him £60k a week which we would likely offer, especially to a player worth £15-20m who we'd be getting on a free transfer. 

I refer you to the case of Winston Bogarde:
https://www.ajaxdaily.com/2017/i-may-one-worst-buys-history-premiership-i-dont-care/

Bogarde was paid around €9,200,000 over four years for just 12 games

I'll also point out that a former Leicester City player by the name of Danny Drinkwater also plays for Chelsea and has played less than 20 times for them, despite being on a six figure salary. They operate on a completely different budget to us.

I’ve not seen any evidence of an end product with this guy. If our scouts think he’s both a creative and goal scoring solution then fine but fee aside he’s got amazing speed and trickery but after that I’m really not convinced from what I’ve seen. Gotta be something there though for him to be making the national squad but the fee doesn’t correlate with his stats in any way shape or form!

Edited by Nick
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 25/08/2020 at 09:55, Nick said:

I’ve not seen any evidence of an end product with this guy. If our scouts think he’s both a creative and goal scoring solution then fine but fee aside he’s got amazing speed and trickery but after that I’m really not convinced from what I’ve seen. Gotta be something there though for him to be making the national squad but the fee doesn’t correlate with his stats in any way shape or form!

Oh dear, thought you were describing Musa there's for a minute!

• Haha 1